Help!! How Not To Be Bothered By Others Life??

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by angel12, Aug 28, 2019.

1. Angela123

Angela123 Gold IL'ite

Try counting your blessings instead of what you do not have.
    Life abroad is not nice and shiny as it looks like. I lived abroad for 10 years now and it comes with its down sides. Life in India is not inferior to anything.
    Everyone go through different situations. The struggles go behind something that other people achieve, might not be visible to you. It could be professional or personal and no one might know it. So you shouldn't think that you have to work hard for everything. Some has to work hard, some has to work even harder. Comparing life doesnt help achieve anything.

Thyagarajan, SpringB and anika987 like this.
  2. ProudIndian

ProudIndian Gold IL'ite

Op
    Life abroad is very hard die to visa complications, unstable jobs, no support system, so much emptiness and no stability. U have to be always on your toe. I am living abroad more than 20 years and regret for leaving India in first place. Our kids never want to live in India, parents can't live abroad. After 18 yr age all kids leave home for college and want to live separate from parents after finishing college also. Living with parents after college they feel looked down or degraded. So basically we are lonely forever. You should count your blessings and be happy.

Thyagarajan and shyamala1234 like this.
  3. angel12

angel12 Gold IL'ite

Tried but no success.. But my

4. angel12

angel12 Gold IL'ite

I guess yours is one of the few reply I got which actually understood my concern. Thank you so much. I feel much better now. I plan to forget about looking others life and will try n work best with what I have. Thanks a ton sister

Thyagarajan and shyamala1234 like this.
  5. angel12

angel12 Gold IL'ite

No complain s there.. I get ur point

Thyagarajan likes this.
  6. deepthivinayak1

deepthivinayak1 Gold IL'ite

Hi,
    I can understand. Recent days many moves to abroad and get settled. May b it’s not right time for you or god had planned for better best one for you to settle. Try Canada as all said. Some try Australia. I don’t know much about Canada pR but u can try . I have to say, this craze will be there for one or two year when you move but later you may feel India is better than here. Try hard and find a way.

7. SinghManisha

SinghManisha Platinum IL'ite

Appreciate your life and be grateful for what you have. You don’t have to look at someone doing better to feel worse about yourself. You also don’t have to feel better by comparing yourself to someone doing worse than you. Simple gratitude that’s all.

Amulet, Anusha2917 and SpringB like this.
  8. mangaii

mangaii Finest Post Winner

I’m exact complement of you . I’m in USA and most of my friends are in India . I look at their life and kids and I feel how much I struggle every day in this country . But that is my experience. You have to experience to make decision on your own . Lot of my colleagues come on L1. If that would work then you can try living outside India for a while before making decision . Your experience will decide what is best not others experience

9. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

when the choice is to whine a lot with Money versus whine a lot without much Money, people prefer to have the money. That is all there is to it.
    The OP is doing the right thing.... in wondering whether those who are in foreign are better, happier, buying cars without much ado (?!), and have better-fed, happier children.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2019
    Afresh, Anusha2917 and Sunshine04 like this.
  10. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

If there is something to be said for the phrase "easier said than done", this is it !!
    ---------------------------------------
    If the world is full of non-strivers, who do not look at examples of someone else doing better to learn the know-how, or look at others who had done worse (to learn the know-how-not ? :wink:) and just go serene and satisfied, who's going to create wealth and move the GDP up ? Nothing wrong in comparative striving. The worse thing that could happen is to have that dream come true, and reveal unforeseen consequences.... both good and bad.

If anyone wants to go foreign for whatever reason, I'd say "go ahead, and enjoy yourself". Life is a process, not a destination. Better a striver than a slacker.

On the other hand, it is NOT at all a good thing to harangue someone else ( like a poor dear husband, who does not kiss ass at work to get assigned "on site" ) to do something that is not in their nature to do. Harassing a good spouse to be better would wreck the ongoing felicity in a household.

Anusha2917, SinghManisha and Afresh like this.