1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Depression ??

Discussion in 'Health Issues' started by anika987, Aug 29, 2019.

1. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

Read this article...

10 Signs of Walking Depression: When You’re Really Unhappy But Keep Going Anyway

I feel everything listed in that article 24/7...

Reasons:

I miss India and just cannot get out of that feeling that am wasting life despite having it all. I cannot coz hubby said he will find it difficult to find a job.l and start afresh,kids and other reasons.I agree.

I am trying my best to fit in here but I cannot lie to myself!!!

I am not even ready to look for a job coz I will lose flexibility of India vacations.thats the only reason!!For me, a two week vacation is not enough!!

I have started to fight with everybody around me and get riled up these days and do not even care..

I feel so stuck,confused and unhappy all the time and this is not at all good.

So I am ready to go to a therapist but afraid to tell this reason to an American doctor.How can I tell him or her that I miss India?however..I really need to change..what do I do?

rachaputi and Thyagarajan like this.

2. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

Therapists have heard it all. You can tell them anything. And if you don't click with one then keep trying till you find a good fit. I don't know how it is in your area but the better therapists in my place usually do not take insurance. You have to file an out of network claim.

3. Sunshine04

Sunshine04 Platinum IL'ite

Hmmm
    I also have all these signs listed

rachaputi likes this.
  4. Anusha2917

Anusha2917 IL Hall of Fame

Aww! I feel so much for you.

Just when I replied to an other thread I saw this and I can see your mind is revolving around the same thing.

I don't know what solution to give you or any given solutions given by anyone is working for you.

I hope you find peace with self soon and you feel very much happy and good about yourself.

I have been in a similar mindset before for reasons different from yours and I could come out of it with help from friends and family. Nothing like pouring our feelings to someone who will understand us. So if you find some relief in going to a therapist go ahead.
    I'm sure they'll understand what you are going through and it doesn't matter where you come from and what your mindset is. They'll help you out.
    :blush::blush:

5. mangaii

mangaii Finest Post Winner

Anikha I can understand everything you wrote in this message . I hope you find happiness in whatever you do .

anika987 and Thyagarajan like this.
  6. Afresh

Afresh Gold IL'ite

Guys @mangaii @anika987 @Sunshine04
    Why don't you guys meet up someplace together; maybe first a virtual meet up through your pm's and then you never know what talking to each other will help ! ( Maybe you have already done it ;) )
    Do a con call first !
    I am really serious, everybody wants company, somebody to confide in and be trusted. It'll be healthier to form your own new social group. Over time , instead of dreaming of india vacations, maybe a few weekend breaks with each other might help !
    There isn't a perfect world anywhere, except in our own minds! It's all a mind thing

7. Afresh

Afresh Gold IL'ite

I think there are more cons i n your list about permanent moving to India, from the list above than pro's
    know what , you seem to enjoy the vacation because you tend to get away with friends etc, unencumbered with kids and responsibilities etc.
    Once you move here, the reality is going to be altered, as there is a possibility that this breather ( in vacations) may also not come your way as people would expect you to look after yourself and the kids on all days!

anika987, Anusha2917 and Thyagarajan like this.
  8. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello::hello:whenever in doubt or circumstances dubious throwing one into utter confusion or and chaos, he or she must think of tutelary deity as a habit every morning and seek answers from Maharishi Ramana.

2. From spiritual side it is believed one can get albeit relief by & by by listening to VARAHA KAVACHAM in link

Regular listening chanting at various points of time in a day believed to offer incredible relief without causin any deep dent in one’s wallet.

3. Respidon and the like might give relief in short run but cause severe damage in the long run to the psyche. The care .
    God bless you.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2019
    anika987 and Anusha2917 like this.
  9. Anusha2917

Anusha2917 IL Hall of Fame

What an Idea Sirji. (madamji here) :grinning::grinning::beer-toast1::clap2:

Afresh, Thyagarajan and SinghManisha like this.
  10. Afresh

Afresh Gold IL'ite

:number_one:, but really people need to bridge the gaps and help each other!
    Hope things work out

anika987 and Anusha2917 like this.