1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Venu, Murali And Vamsi - Lord Krishna

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Thyagarajan, Aug 23, 2019.

1. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello: Venu, Murali and Vamsi - Lord Krishna :hello:

Happy Gokulashtami Krishna jayanthi to IL’ites.

The Nation enthusiastically celebrated birth anniversary of India last week.

Today 23rd Friday evening in south India and throughout combined nights of today and tomorrow 24th Saturday, devout Hindus including ISKON all over the world would celebrate fast( upvas) and organise, conduct elaborate Pooja,

MIND filled with of Lord Vishnu‘s incarnation (avatar) as baby Kris(h)na. celebrating Lord Krishna’s ———- th birthday on Saturday 24th August 2019 commencing at 2034 hrs IST When Ashwini star raises. ( could someone fill up the blank as to the number indicating the present birth anniversary)

எத்தனையாவதுஆண்டுஜன்மாஷ்டமியைஇன்றுஇந்தியாகொண்டாடப்போகிறது?(Could someone translate literally this question into English?)

It is believed 5247 years ago around this day, He took this avatar in Dwarka India during midnight which means this day could be His 5248th birth anniversary. He is believed to have lived on earth 125 years and overseen the affairs of Bharath including masterminding the entire war at Kurukshetra (North India). Of all the places in the world, why Lord took this avatar in India? Was it that this place was more of adharma or was it very conducive for taking avatar?

It is said Kaliyuga commenced the moment He chose to return to celestial abode - the vaikunda. Kaliyuga is said to be full of evils & adharma flourishing I wonder why he left in haste.

It is researched and stated in Wikipedia that lord Krishnawas 89 years of age at the time of Kurukshetra war & lived for 36 years more after that. Time seemed to stood still when Krishna disappeared to His Vaikunda ending Dvapara Yuga and the beginning of the Kali Yuga.

Looking at present status of the world bursting at it seems with huge population, preposterous activities galore, evil acts on mass scale and browsing history of mankind in the last few hundred years, one wonder why not Lord incarnate now itself which is long overdue. War like situation- Trump triggered - in Middle East, Europe, Asia and elsewhere. I have no answer for this.

This celebration over several centuries on earth what good did it bring? Any answer?

Every year, this day gives an opportunity to contemplate on Lord’s past deeds and the methods He employed to protect preserve & defend His devotees and the rest; and the legacies he had left for mankind but only few found it and turned monks and lecturers. But then, we do get what we offered to lord viz sweets and snacks.

But how does that helps the present situation around the world brimming with chaos and confusion.

Be that as it may. I think of Lord Krishna in Mannargudi of Tiruvarur district & Sri Krishna temple at Udupi and Guruvayur - both dedicated to the memory of Vishnu's incarnation as Krishna.

Confronting the Lord, Gopis desired that like His Consort - Rukmani - they too should be close to Him to cuddle, enjoy proximity. Krishna arranged a small replica of Him and handed it over to Gopis. This replica was in Dwaraka.

It is believed that this Sree Krishna Idol installed in Udupi which believed to have disappeared in deluge - an Act of God from & in Dwaraka and found washed ashore by fisherman in sea near mangalore.

Lord, over ages, remain undecided as to which of the flutes - VENU (Gopal), MURALI (Krishna) VAMSI - he should play to set right the status of the world he had created. He was looking at His stock-yard of numerous flutes made for Him by celestial architect conforming to Lord’s specifications.

I believe He would bring those FLUTES when He returns riding on a stallion (Aadhiseshan or Lakshmana) in impending incarnation known as KALKI. Grape-wine has it that Lord Kalki’s parents already born again in India - Bangaluru.

Great men of science and men at the helm of world affairs prayed to Him for the well being of mankind but secretly planning for destruction of enemies knowingly or unknowingly created by them. I THINK He should be able to blow the evils among them to smithreens effortlessly by just playing these flutes:

Or, He might After careful consideration of the requirement and evolution that the earth and mankind have gone into, since he left some five thousand years ago, Lord Vishnu might design afresh a weapon like remote incorporated into a flute that would extinguish the fires among nations including Amazon forest fire.

story below written anonymous posted by me previous two years. I repeat it here for new fellow IL’tes.

Krishna Is depicted always holding a flute in his hand, but there is a reason behind it. Everyday Krishna would go in the garden and say hello to all the plants. The plants were very happy and responded back and said “Krishna, we love you”.

One day Krishna darted into the garden looking very alarmed. He went to the bamboo plant. Seeing Him in desperation, the bamboo asked, “Krishna, what´s wrong with you?”

Krishna said “I have something to ask you, but it is very difficult”. The bamboo said “Tell me: if I can, I will help you”.

So Krishna said “I need your life. I need to cut you”.

The bamboo was aghast and thought for a while; and then said
    “You don´t have any other choice. You don’t have any other way?”
    Krishna said, “No, no other way”. And it said “OK” and gave himself up.

So Krishna cut the bamboo, made holes in it, and each time, while he was doing that, the bamboo was crying with pain, because he was paining the bamboo somuch.Krishna made a beautiful flute out of it. And this flute was with Krishna all the time. 24 hours a day, it was with Krishna.

This turned the Gopis jealous of the flute.

They said to bamboo, “Look, Krishna is our Lord, but yet we get to spend only some time with him. He wakes up with you, He sleeps with you, and all the time you are with him. Tell us the secret of it. What secret do you have, that the Lord treasures you so much?”

And the bamboo said “The secret is that, I gave myself up, and He did whatever was right for me, in the process I had to go under lot of pain and now look - He made me empty from inside. And the Lord does whatever he wants with me, whenever he wants with me and however he wants with me. I have just become His instrument. His tool”.

So this is complete surrender: where God can do whatever He wants with you, whenever He wants, as He wants. And for that you don’t need to be scared of, you know, you have just to give yourself.

Trust Him completely and have faith in Him and always think you are in His hands what can go wrong. And who is you in reality? It’s just Him.

2. periamma

periamma IL Hall of Fame

@Thyagarajan Happy Janmashtami to you.True Bamboo was cut to make flute and it suffered with pain .But KRISHNA SUFFERS A LOT TO GIVE A SWEET MUSIC AS THE NADHAM COME ACCORDING TO THE SPEED OF HIS BREATH.The same way HE tries HIS best to tune Human we fail to know HIS existence when we are happy but never fail to blame HIM for our sufferings.
    SARVAM KRISHNARPPANAM

Thyagarajan likes this.
  3. jayasala42

jayasala42 IL Hall of Fame

4. jayasala42

Dear Shri Thyagarajan Sir,
    What a great analytical article on Janmashtami day. While thinking of Krishna, he is always mysterious, not as innocent a baby he looks biting his toe, floating on a banian leaf.
    Interesting take on flute,which I have heard in many upanyasams.

While Rama's glory is everywhere to see except on a few occasions like vali vadham, Agni Pravesam etc, Krishna is always questionable.

No doubt it is Lord Krishna's plan everywhere right from starting the day of war,
    falsely declaring the previous day as Amavasya by doing Pitru Tharpan on a wrong day.He planned to be on Pandavas' side, by making Duryothana choose his retinue.
    When Bhima and Duryothana were fighting,Krishna told Arjuna to remind Bhima to break Duryothana's thighs..
    Actually many kings who were fighting fairly and valiantly were killed by Krishna by crooked means.
    Bhishma was killed by placing Shikandi before Arjuna.
    It is Krishna's strategy in having Aswaththama,the elephant killed and using the incident
    to make yuthishtira tell a lie;While Drona cast down his armour hearing Aswaththama, his son, dead,Krishna didn't stop Dhrishtadyuma killing Drona out of revenge;
    Karna was struck when he was in difficulty,trying to pull out the sunken wheel.
    Krishna seems to preach that untruth may be better than truth and a lie is permissible if it is for greater good.
    Many critics of Mahabharatha called Krishna a
    " Cynic who preaches the highest morality and stoops to practise the lowest tricks.An opportunist who teaches God fearing men to tell a lie, the only lie he told in all his life!He advised a hesitating archer to strike down a foe, who is defenceless and crying for mercy"
    Mahabharatha centres around Krishna's strategy everywhere.It manages to balance
    the worldly and divine identities of Krishna.Vyasa neither glosses over his contradictions,nor tries to idealize Krishna.His flaws, otherwise called strategies are there for every one to see.

Though it is a seeming victory to Pandavas,it is almost a loss.Ultimately Krishna is determined to destroy his own clan.When Satyakai and Krishna's son pradyumna are killed,Krishna remains a silent spectator.He picks up a blade of grass and makes it
    as a weapon to wreak devastation.As the sea crosses its shore,and engulfs Dwaraka, the entire Yadava clan vanish.Krishna is vary calm and unmoved.

A few days later Krishna lies resting in the forest.An ordinary hunter mistakes him for an animal and pierces the sole of his feet with an arrow and kills Krishna.
    As a punishment to all his guiles portrayed as strategies, Krishna is made to have the meanest death in the epic, and not to have a noble death.Flowers are not showered from
    above as in Karna's death.He lies dead as an ordinary creature in the forest.
    Perhaps this is the way that the epic shows its disapproval for Krishna's so called strategies, Krishna's willingness to accept punishment and a great lesson that no one,including the divine head is free from Kaarmic effect..

Amidst all these criticisms,

We find that Krishna alone accepts the whole of life. And he accepts it, not in any selected dimension, but in all its dimensions.
    Krishna is against repression. He alone does not choose he accepts life unconditionally. He does not shun love; being a man he does not run away from women. As one who has known and experienced God, he does not turn his face from war. He is full of love and compassion, and yet he has the courage to accepts and fight a war. His heart is utterly non-violent, yet he plunges into the fire and fury of violence when it becomes unavoidable. He accepts the nectar, and yet he is not afraid of the poison.
    There is no such point in the cosmos where nature ends and God begins. It is nature itself that, through a subtle process of dissolution, turns into God, and it is God Himself Who, through a subtle process of manifestation, turns into nature. Nature is manifest God, and God is unmanifest nature and that is what adwait means, what the principle of One without the other means. We can understand Krishna only if we clearly understand this concept of adwait.

There are basic principles which one must learn from teachings of Bhagavad Gita to get, if one wants, to the right state of mental and physical strength.
    1. The 1st principle is listen, listen and listen. In the first chapter of Bhagavad Gita, Krishna only listened to Arjuna. One must learn to listen to others. Out of 18 counselling sessions which Krishna took with Arjuna, one full session was devoted only to listening to Arjuna. Fifty percent of the emotion of a person is out once he has spoken to the Healer about his or her problems.
    2. 2nd principle is to remain non-judgmental while listening. This is beautifully described in Chapter 2 shloka 10. While listening, Krishna did not show any signs of anger to Arjuna even at those extremely difficult moments. On the contrary, Krishna kept on smiling and listened patiently. This is another avenue where most of the healthcare workers fail in their relationship with the patients. We (doctors) sometimes become annoyed with the patients because they narrate unrelated details of their health problems. We need to understand and appreciate their predicaments.
    3. 3rd principle is that every answer should be validated by reasoning. Throughout 18 counselling sessions between Arjuna and Krishna incorporating 700 question and answers, Arjuna was given proper reasoning, either based on experience or based on sound logic. Krishna never forced Arjuna to believe in what He was saying without getting convinced about it.
    4. 4th principle is that of reassurance. Krishna re-assures Arjuna on two occasions. Firstly, when he said that “I’ll appear whenever there is adharma” meaning thereby that whenever there is injustice someone will come and set it right. In terms of a Healer the doctor should convincingly say that wherever there is a disease I will be there”.
    Again in Chapter 18 shloka 65, Krishna says that anyone who takes conscious decision and interprets things with full devotion, there is no reason why he or she should not become happy or healthy. He again assures Arjuna that he is going to be successful.
    5. 5th principle is depicted in the last shloka of Gita (18.78) which summarizes the importance of a good doctor-patient (teacher-student) relationship where Sanjay says to Dhriharashtra that when there is a Healer like Krishna and a patient like Arjuna, there is no reason why there will not be a victory..
    There cannot be a better teacher than Krishna.
    Krishnam vandhe jagat Gurum.

Dear Thyagarajan Sir,
    I think I have gone too far from your snippet.Sorry.
    jayasala42

umaakumar and Thyagarajan like this.
  5. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Dear Thyagarajan Sir,

Wish you and family a wonderful Janmastami celebrations With Uppu Seedai, Vella Seedai, Uppam, Naval pazham, Vennai, etc. Gopikas themselves are souls that are enviable for their bhakthi to Lord Krishna and them envying the flute of the Lord only indicates that there is always potential to grow in our effort to do Atmanivedhanam.

Isn't it real in life that we need to unlearn as much as we need to learn things in life? Sometimes, cleaning up inside of us results in purity, helping the fellow beings around us leads us to unity and inquiring who we really are leads us to divinity.

Life is like a river and the two banks are like pleasure and pain. As long as the river doesn't indulge in either side of the banks and keep its focus on its route with a goal to achieve the ocean of love, one can achieve immortality.

Viswa

Last edited: Aug 23, 2019
    Thyagarajan likes this.
  6. jayasala42

Dear Thyagarajan Sir,

Sorry for intervention.

Dear Viswa,
    It was so nice of you to have referred to unlearning. We need not struggle to unlearn.Nature itself has provided us with a special software which acts as a sieve to filter unnecessary thoughts and memories and keep only what is essential. Otherwise we would be lamenting about deaths that happened long back and losses that sustained long ago.This is called'forgetting' in common man's language.
    It is tragic that even with this gift of nature, we lack the real spirit.

Regarding rivers, the river is one of the important symbols of Hinduism,not because it is holy and people whoever take bath in it attains salvation.
    The strength of the river is in its commitment to move towards the ocean.The river does not know that it is going towards the ocean,but intuitively there is a certain commitment called 'strength' to move forwards, notwithstanding the obstacles.From the Himalayas the Ganges flows all the way to Bay of Bengal,.If it finds an obstacle like a rock, the river becomes very flexible,goes round the rock and keeps going.When you bow down to take bath, it seems to convey the truth that in life you need both flexibility and strength.It is for the same reason perhaps that Indian Gurus settled on the banks of rivers.
    We should be like a bamboo and not like a tree.A tree,will fall down while facing a strong gale. But the bamboo bends a little but hits back with a tremendous force.
    Flexibility seems to produce temporary losses but lasting gains.
    This in effect is the essence of Gita. The acceptance of realities is the'flexibility'.The commitment gives the needed strength and we march towards the desired goal.
    Real victory does not consist in being too rigid but in realising that "there is strength in flexibility and flexibility in strength".
    Your response that made its beginning with vella seedai and uppu seedai has culminated in a great philosophy of commitment, flexibility and strength enshrined in Gita.
    Happy Sri jayanthi.
    jayasala42

7. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

Thyagu sir Krishna was said to have been born in Mathura, not Dwarka.The idea of Kalki avataar was was cooked up during times when none had heard of bikes, cars, tanks or guns. That is why Kalki is always depicted as astride a horse with a sword. According to Bhagavata Purana Kalki will appear when rulers become thieves. We are bang in the middle of the time when rulers are thieves. So Kalki if he appears at all to punish them it will most probably astride a bike carrying an AK 47 and a rocket launcher!. to be promptly declared a terrorist!

The Janmashtami of my childhood has always been a gluttonous celebration of everything buttery. Butter murukku, seedai,nei appam just plain sweetened butter and what not. In these diet conscious days, such celebrations seem outdated. After all, it is not Krishna whoi will get a heart attack but us.

Thyagarajan likes this.
  8. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Dear Balajee,

Unless the Lord decided to kill Adharma using his choice of words in which Kalki Avatar might be a politician. The Adharmis may bleed from the ears and die. The amount of running we did those days, we could afford any amount of gluttonous food but now with the gadget days, we will be raising obese children we celebrate Janmastami with such dishes. Patram, Palam, Pushpam and Thoyam should be adequate.

Viswa

messedup and Thyagarajan like this.
  9. Thyagarajan

You had called me twice once at the beginning & the other toward end of fantastic feedback and in between you had refreshed me with facts of epic pedagogue. May I thank you from bottom of my heart. At super age superior energy super remembrance of numerous characters and their deeds and that too in a cogent manner.
    I surrender to you madam sister Jayaraman V.:worship2:
    A tour de force through epic Mahabharatha.
    Stay blessed.

10. Thyagarajan

:hello:Thanks nks .
    True effortlessly suffered thoughout though looked with calm exterior.
    Regards. God bless.