1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Stupid Husband

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by poojaagar, Aug 16, 2019.

1. Joyoflife

Joyoflife Gold IL'ite

Op I feel you are being too harsh on your husband. From what you have described I feel your husband is doing some effort to find what suits him. If you have just moved to Australia you need to allow some time to let everything sink in. You must actually give yourself at least two years, only thn you should decide if this place is for you or not.

It's a very unfair call if you think that a person who drives taxi is a bad example for his kids. I live in Australia from nearly two decades and the company my husband works for one of their cleaner his daughter is very soon going to graduate from the medical school and one of his colleagues who is a top level executive his son had learning disabilities so he couldn't finish his degree and recently he started driving truck, my husband's colleague is very happy about it that his son has finally found something he loves. I really think that no job is too small.

Now Iam not going to bash you for this but after reading the title of your thread I feel that you are not fair in calling your husband stupid. He is ready to make an effort, You did not get him PR just for himself. You did the effort for your family. I feel you have panicked from the initial struggles of settling into a new place so badly want to go back.

My appologies if my post has hurt you in any way.

2. Joyoflife

Joyoflife Gold IL'ite

No this is not true the exams which are like board exam in India called NAPLEAN in Australia starts from year 3 and after that year 5. If you read the book for that it's v practical. Children learn through play also. Indian education system leaves no time for kids to play.

3. AppuMom

AppuMom Gold IL'ite

In india text books and writing drives the school education...and those exam pattern sucks.. my kid studied in India and abroad..he hardly had anytime to do creative things or enjoy his hobbies there..Abroad kids learn through play,observations and interactions.they acquire basic life skills as well...OP set your priorities.World is changing and no job is inferior..gone are the days where a person do the same job for 20-30 years and retire. Present and future calls for people who has multiple skill sets..Indian education system lacks in those areas..off course we have good memory and grasping skills but creativity or 'out of box thinking' are not much encouraged in most of the Indian schools.

Sunshine04 likes this.
  4. Sunshine04

Sunshine04 Platinum IL'ite

Yes. I thought the same.
    OP lives in Australia. Not sure about their education system

SinghManisha likes this.