1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Ghee For Baby

Discussion in 'Infants' started by HarikaR, Aug 21, 2019.

1. HarikaR

HarikaR New IL'ite

My baby is 8 months old. I want to know which brand ghee is good to give to baby. Am based in Hyderabad. Am looking for cow ghee as it's good for babies

2. Sandyr46

Sandyr46 Gold IL'ite

Why not make it with home made butter. Brands claiming to b organic n pure is still not advisable. Home-made is always safe.

3. HarikaR

HarikaR New IL'ite

I wish I can make it but am in situation where I cannot make it at home. For 2 months I need to use outside ghee only. After that I will make it myself at home

4. shyamala1234

shyamala1234 Platinum IL'ite

You can use Durga ghee. We use that.
    Syamala

5. Sandyr46

Sandyr46 Gold IL'ite

Then please try a good local store where you can get good butter and make the Ghee at home. Babies are prone to stomach infections.

6. PurpleRoses

PurpleRoses Finest Post Winner

Use A2 cow ghee made from a2 milk which is free from hormones, antibiotics etc.

One such brand is akshayakalpa. I guess there must be more brands locally available in your area. But do research well and then only buy.

7. PurpleRoses

PurpleRoses Finest Post Winner

On that note, we all grew up with our mothers applying ghee on chapatis or dollop of ghee in our rice + veggies/dal. What childhood memories!

Dear OP, you can buy desi cow ghee from reputed brand which our mothers had been using too if you are unable to find A2 cow ghee.
    One such old brand I remember my mother using was vijaya diary's ghee and also durga ghee.
    Nowadays we use amul ghee and ashirvad ghee. Don't really know of any adulteration in them but then we are living in a generation where even eating fruits and veggies are adultered by chemicals to ripen them fast or to make them last longer or to taste sweeter etc.

Hence, we can never reallt know if we are eating really "healthy" food.

Sandyr46 likes this.
  8. shyamala1234

shyamala1234 Platinum IL'ite

You can try at Emerald shop near Indira park. There everything is organic and very reliable. You once visit the
    As you live in Hyderabad I would suggest one store. Emerald..
    .near Indira park, opposite Ramakrishna math. There everything is organic, without any food colour and do many things are available. Visit that shop once.
    Syamala

9. Sujatha88

Sujatha88 New IL'ite

Hii my baby is 1 year she os not sleeping without rocking or sometimes in recliner in my arms or sometimes on my shoulders is it ok and if not what should i do to make her sleep on her own iam anxious plz help me out Thanks

10. Sandyr46

Sandyr46 Gold IL'ite

Its ok Sujatha. She is still a baby. They cuddle foe the warmth n smell of their mumma. For few weeks sleep beside her. Sing her a song. See how she reacts. Then slowly move her to a crib. In olden days they used a saree crib. Saree of the mom and it makes them feel comfortable since it shapes like a womb. U can start using that immediately as well.

images (1).jpeg

Sujatha88 likes this.