1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

No Parents Should Hear Such A Tragic News Ever In Life

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous in Parenting' started by SGBV, Aug 15, 2019.

1. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

Our happiest and carefree life style has turned upside down with a devastating news about my niece this weekend.

The happy go 5 year old doll got a small lump under her jaw, which was not of a concern to her regular pead who checked it last week. We had concerns since the lump did not go away after a week, but appeared to be growing. So, he ordered for some blood work to be done and the results shattered everyone of us.

The first report came as 90% Positive Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia (ALL).
    We were in denial initially, as the entire family was outside of the hospital (She is my bro's elder DD). We doubted the laboratory test and went for another round of testing in a different hospital. But for our bad luck, the results unchanged, and it is likely ALL. So the Hematologist ordered for a bone marrow biopsy today.

It has just been done, and we are awaiting the results. Since I could not focus, I vent here.

My bro's family, that was one beautiful nest with all the 4 souls attached together with love is now being stirred up. Their kids have never stayed away from both the parents, and my bro & SIL have never ever attempted to stay even a day away from each other or their kids in this 6 years of marriage.

But today, they had to send their younger DD to their grandma's place, while attending the elder one at the hospital for testing. If ALL is confirmed, SIL will have to stay in the hospital with DD for months, while my bro has to return to home for work. What a tragedy.

We pray to all the Gods for a miracle to happen. Of course we know the testings are done, and it came out as ALL and it was checked by the best Hematologist in the country. But we still believe in God, and hope for a miracle at the bone marrow test today.

Is there anyone who knows of childhood leukemia and the treatment process and life expectancy of the child after this?

Is there any advice on how to support these grieving parents and family, specially now.

What an unstable life we are in. The otherwise healthy child with all sort of luxuries in life is now in death bed.
    Their happy marriage is now shaken, and their future seems nothing after this.

Kindly take some times to offer a pray for this little girl. We need a miracle today and we know only God can make that happen.

No parents should hear such a tragic news about their children in life.

2. Dhamini

Dhamini Platinum IL'ite

That’s really shocking news. I am really sorry for what you and your family are going through. My hugs to you. My prayers are with your niece and your family. Stay strong.

3. Venkat20

Venkat20 Gold IL'ite

Very hard to read sorry. Lord Aiyappa will save her life and make her active soon, I will pray for that.

4. periamma

periamma IL Hall of Fame

My Prayers for your niece.Don't lose heart sure a way will be shown to you by God's grace.

5. Murano

Murano Guest

very heartening to hear. with so much of medical advancements, am sure the doctors would definitely take care of her and wish she will get well soon.

6. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

That's really terrible, SGBV. Don't know what to say, other than to send up prayers for a miracle and hope the little one is soon cured of this illness. Prayers also for your family to stay strong and to help each other to face this difficult time with courage.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2019
  7. Anusha2917

Anusha2917 IL Hall of Fame

My heart sank reading it SGBV. My sincere prayers to the almighty to give courage to the family and the Lil girl to face this tough time.

Sure she will be out of danger. All of you keep only positive thoughts. Miracles will definitely happen MA.

8. messedup

messedup Platinum IL'ite

I too pray to God for your niece. May she become healthy and happy soon as she was.

9. joylokhi

joylokhi Platinum IL'ite

My sincere prayers for your niece's recovery. Stay strong and believe in the power of God, as u are already doing.

10. SpringB

SpringB Platinum IL'ite

Sincere prayers with your brother’s family SGBV. Let’s hope your niece recovers soon. with advancement in medical technology miracles do happen. Is it possible to get the child to some other country like Singapore for treatment. Best is to find help through hospital for support groups.please get a second opinion.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2019