1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

"when Love Is Not Madness, Its Not Love" - The True Blessing.

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by IniyaaSri, Jul 17, 2019.

1. twity

twity Bronze IL'ite

Hi Iniya, The story is awesome. I am a silent reader..I logon only to reply to your thread....Your story made me to reply...I liked grandma and Tulsi part very much..keep writing...will be looking forward everyday for your new episode.

IniyaaSri likes this.
  2. IniyaaSri

IniyaaSri IL Hall of Fame

Hi!

Actually you made my day!!!
    Unlike short stories, Series need much more energy and commitment! When that shakes in me, its almost impossible to continue with series!
    This time you were that energy! Thank you so much! : ) : ) : )
    Really made my day! Happy that you are liking Grandma's and Tulasi's part : ) : ) : )
    Thanks again!
    Have a lovely day ahead : )

3. ammusatheesh

ammusatheesh Gold IL'ite

Wow superb....hope you r doing good now Iniya..

It is not only to Tulasi wat grandma is teaching it is to us as well as we support the kids nowadays a lot.... Saravanan on the other side with good attitude.A very good story with prompt messages...hope veni will be moving to Tulasi place

IniyaaSri likes this.
  4. IniyaaSri

Hey Ammu dear!

Thanks! Little better dear!
    Glad that you like the story dear....
    Happy to read your guesses dear!
    Thanks for reading and writing your feedback!
    Good day dear : ) Thanks once again : ) : ) : )

ammusatheesh likes this.
  5. peddadas

peddadas Platinum IL'ite

Veni will become Tulasi's neighbor or classmate .. :D
    Good going!

IniyaaSri likes this.
  6. IniyaaSri

Episode 8:

Veni was distributing the notebooks to her classmates. She was a perfect class representative. Every teacher’s pet. Actually, there wasn’t any compulsion or force in she being the best at school, everything just came naturally to her. She was the class topper, and no events were conducted at school without her participation. And she won most of the competitions. And she was as famous as always. A shining star.

As days passed in their new house in the new area, Veni was having new set of friends in her neighborhood. Saravanan could see the changes in her. Saravanan was relieved seeing she mingling with everyone and not showing any difference. At home, he took complete charge of how things are.

“Why didn’t you come yesterday?” – Veni’s mom asked the maid.

“Actually, my baby was having severe cold and that’s why…” – Maid

“Just for cold? You took leave?”- Veni’s grandma came in and Saravanan was reading the newspaper.

“Yes ma…How can I leave him at home as such….” – maid

“Next time when that is the case, you can bring him here. And take him home when you leave” – Saravanan said all of a sudden and others didn’t expect that.

“What are you saying?! He is naughty! He goes into the pooja room! I can never allow that….” – Saravanan’s mom

“Its ok ma! Leave all such things here after….” – Saravanan said straight away and his mom froze.

“What?!! What are you talking?!” – she asked in shock

That was his very first time in talking against his mom. And he didn’t regret it in any way! His daughter was much more important to him than his sentiment towards his mom.

“Please ma! Veni is learning such things and I am not happy about it! I want her to be good at heart” – Saravanan

“Good at heart?! You mean to say am bad?!!!” – His mom’s eyes had moisture

“Maa…no… sorry… I didn’t mean it that way…Please…” – Saravanan tried to convince

“enough! You were never like this?! Who told you all these?! Your wife?” – She looked at Veni’s mom who was cleaning the cupboards.

“Maaa!!! Come on! In this 11 year of marriage, she has not complained about you at all! Why do you blame her…That too when she is pregnant….?” – Saravanan bursted.

“Not with the first child, right?!! …That too after these many years…Enough of pampering your darling wife!” – Saravanan’s mom yelled.

Saravanan stood as such and his mom went inside her room and locked it. The maid stood without knowing what to do…

“From next time, you can bring your son here if in case there is no one to take care…” – Saravanan said to her.

“But sir…He is just 1.5 years old and naughty these days” – The maid said with embarrassment.

“Kids tend to be naughty” – Saravanan said and walked away.

Veni’s mom was surprised seeing the change in her husband’s behavior. Love changes everything - she thought.

That was a Saturday afternoon and all four were together at Tulasi’s house. Tulasi was doing her most favorite thing other than watching sparrows. She was coloring and Joyal was watching cricket match. Grandma and Mary were preparing dry masala powders.

Tulasi the more she colored the happier she was becoming. Life was simple for her. She never worried about not having parents just like other kids. Whatever a mom and dad would do to a kid, her grandma was doing to her. In fact in a much more matured way. She didn’t miss anything in her life. Life was simple and happy. At times she missed her dad who ran a shop in the near by city, but he always made sure that he meets his daughter whenever it is possible for him. And Tulasi got used to it.

“Joyal! Reduce the volume” – Mary chided him and he reduced instantly

In few minutes, he turned off the TV “Oh God! Its raining there! And the match got cancelled” – He said aloud and Mary sighed in relief “Thank God”

“Am bored ma!” – Joyal

“What about your friends this weekend?” – Mary

“They are out of the town! “ – Joyal

“Shall we both play something?” – Tulasi asked seeing his sad face.

“What shall we play? Carrom?” – Joyal asked and Tulasi agreed.

Both walked into the room and took the carrom board to start the game.

Mary and Grandma were busy roasting the spices. After few minutes, Mary turned on the old songs in the radio and both continued their work.

“Maa…this is my favorite song! You know why? This is the first song he sang for me when we got married” – Mary said with a blush.

“Really?! This is a nice song! Even my favorite” – Grandma smiled

“Even your husband sang for you?” – Mary winked

“Ha Ha! No dear! He wasn’t that kind….” – Grandma said as she laughed

“Maa…yours was a love marriage na…Tell me your story na” – Mary was excited

“Nothing special dear…. We fell in love and we got married….” – Grandma smiled

“Every love is special ma. Every love story is special. Come on tell me. How you fell in love with him?” – Mary had no intentions to leave.

“Actually, I had no mother and I grew up with my step mother.” – Grandma started

“Got it…. So, he saved you from her torture? So, you married him?” – Mary

“No no no! She was good in deed! Took good care of me but my father was always strict no matter what! “ – Grandma

“Tell me about your husband” – Mary started

“He lived in the next house and use to see me every day! I was 16 by then and I didn’t have courage to look at his face properly. But I know he liked me and he keeps seeing me every day. But I never really looked at his face” – Grandma

“Then?!” – Mary

“He use to see me whenever I go to shop with my friends….No one knows actually. We both had a favorite time….Whenever I used to go to the river with the pot, he use to follow me….There wont be anyone else…He used to follow me… Don’t know why I use to feel safe when he follows me. Strange na…? But I felt safe when he was around me. But we didn’t talk and all. Neither he nor me had the courage.” – Grandma

“Sometimes I just like that use to go to the riverside just for him. I knew he would follow me. I don’t know why I did that….Love is madness…May be that’s why…But I liked that madness… I liked being with him…..” – Grandma

“You both spoke at the river side?” – Mary

“Never we did! But we both were happy” – Grandma smiled

“Then who proposed?!!!” – Mary

“Propose?! There was no such things by then” – Grandma laughed.

“Once I lost my anklet and I was terrified to tell my dad about it! He will make me kneel down at the entrance! He was a policeman. And he will punish for sure if we commit mistakes! Very disciplined man he was. I was terrified. It was 8 o clock and that’s the time my dad would reach home. I was waiting to get punished from him. I didn’t want to hide the truth from him so I was waiting near the compound wall to see him. All of a sudden I saw my anklet placed on the compound wall along with a flower.”

"I was very happy and relieved. I knew it was him and that’s the moment I fell in love". – Grandma smiled.

“I still Cherish that moment!” – Grandma glowed with her smile.

“And we continued without talking to each other as such. We both knew we loved the other. And after that don’t know how everything happened. I was married to him. Since he had a good job, my dad agreed to the wedding when he came and spoke to my dad.

“So when did you guys actually speak? On the day of your wedding?” – Mary

“Yes” – Grandma said and Mary couldn’t believe

“That’s how it was those days” – Grandma laughed and Mary laughed along with her.

“Maa shall I ask you something?” – Mary hesitated

“I can guess what you are going to ask… Come on” – Grandma

“You feel bad that he is not alive ?……how do you bear it ma” – Mary

“Of course it would have been different having him beside me. But I don’t feel bad dear…. We had many happy moments when he was alive. He has given me too many beautiful moments to cherish. We need not cry about those beautiful moments dear. Moments are memories na… I smile whenever I get reminded of those beautiful moments with him. I don’t miss him that much. I can imagine what will be his reaction if he was alive.

Seeing Tulasi, he would have been happy…. Seeing her feeding sparrows, he would have fallen in love with her…. I can see through his eyes dear. I can feel him… So I always feel he is around me…sometimes within me…."

“You don’t really miss him ma?” – Mary

“That’s why I said I don’t miss him THAT MUCH” - Grandma smiled.

“Hmmmm” – Mary

“Am sorry if I made you sad or something. “ – Mary

“Not at all dear! Not to everyone I can share this feeling! Only to someone who is close like you.” – Grandma said and Mary smiled.

Though Joyal and Tulasi were playing, Joyal was listening to Grandma’s love story with a smile.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2019
    Deepu04, Sweetynila, Adharv and 6 others like this.
  7. IniyaaSri

Hey dear!

Ha Ha! Like your guesses:thumbsup:
    Have posted today's episode!
    And thanks a lot for your feedback : ) : ) : )
    Have a beautiful day ahead : )

8. ammusatheesh

ammusatheesh Gold IL'ite

Love story awesome .....

IniyaaSri likes this.
  9. lakshya2018

lakshya2018 Bronze IL'ite

welcome back... Eagerly awaited for your story ...
    Nice start.. Hope it will be also a hit.

IniyaaSri likes this.
  10. periamma

periamma IL Hall of Fame

@IniyaaSri In every episode you bring out some golden points and as usual your narration is so good.Waiting to know the relationship BTW Tulsi and Veni

Adharv and IniyaaSri like this.