1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Obsession

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by muggs, Jul 28, 2019.

1. muggs

muggs Gold IL'ite

Hello Lovely People... I am back with a new story. Will finish it in 3-4 parts. Hope you will like it. Do share your comments and feedback as always.

Part 1

“Tring Tring… Tring Tring…” Namrata’s phone was ringing continuously.

She came running to the living room where her phone was kept on charging. She looked at the screen. Her elder sister Sudha’s name was appearing on the screen. She answered the call after wiping her hands with a napkin.

“Hello, Didi… How are you?” Namrata asked.

“I am okay Nammo. Where is Shruti? I am waiting for her call like every day but she didn’t call me and when I tried to call her, it is showing out of coverage area. Has she returned from her school?” Sudha asked all in one breathe.

“Ohho Didi… take a breath at least. Shruti hasn’t returned from school yet. She told me in the morning that she has some extra class today and will be late for an hour.” Namrata relaxed her sister.

“Ohh okay.” Sudha got a little relaxed.

“What didi… you take so much tension even on the tiniest thing. Your daughter is staying with her Masi (Mom’s Sister) and I am taking good care of her.” Namrata said candidly.

“I know Nammo… that’s why I have sent her to your place. When she completed high school, we wanted to send her to a school where she gets prepared for the future. Here in Mirzapur, we have schools but not like Lucknow. There, she will get more exposure and also get prepared for the competitive exams. Shruti calls me every day while coming back from school, but today when it is more than an hour of the usual time, I got a little worried.” Sudha explained.

“I can understand didi. Sending your kids away is not at all easy. But then sometimes it becomes necessary for their future. Anyways now don’t you worry. As soon as she comes back from school, I will ask her to call you.” Nammo assured her elder sister.

“Okay Nammo. How are Rohit and Shaan?” Sudha asked.

“Both are good. Rohit is busy with his office and Shaan is getting naughtier day by day, keeping me on my toes.” Namrata said with a smile.

“Haha… That’s good. Send his photos and videos.” Sudha also smiled.

“Sure di.” Nammo and Sudha talked for a while and then hung up.

Namrata went back to the kitchen and continued with her dinner preparation. After half an hour, she heard Shaan’s voice as he got up from his afternoon nap. She picked him up and fed some snacks. They both got ready to go to the park. She was waiting for Shruti to come back.

Around an hour and a half passed when Sudha called her. Till this time, Shruti should have come back. Namrata called Shruti but her phone was showing out of coverage. She tried again but no luck. She went out and looked down from her 5th-floor apartment’s balcony. Some kids are playing in society’s park. She came inside and looked at the clock. Time is now 5.30 P.M. Usually she comes back by 3.30. As it was an extra class, so Shruti informed her Masi that she will come by auto with her friend. That reminds Namrata to call her friend who lives in the neighboring society. She looked in the Contacts and dialed her number.

“Hello” Neha answered the call.

“Hello Neha, this is Namrata. Shruti’s Masi.” Nammo said hurriedly.

“Hello Masi… How are you?” Neha asked. Neha knows Namrata very well as Neha and Shruti used to study together and frequently visit each other’s house.

“I am okay Neha. Where are you and Shruti? How long will your extra class go?” Namrata asked.

Neha got a bit confused. She took a moment and then replied, “Masi I am at home only and Shruti is not with me. And you are talking about which extra class?”

“Today there was an extra class for Maths in school right? Shruti told me that it will be late so you both will take an auto instead of the school bus for coming back.” Now Namrata’s voice started getting tensed.

“But Masi, there was no extra class today and Shruti has not even come to school today. She was not on the bus also in the morning. I thought she might be not feeling well.” Neha was still confused about what is happening.

“What?? What are you saying? Shruti didn’t come to school. But she left home in the morning at the regular time. Where did she go then?” Namrata’s hands started shivering as thousands of negative thoughts crossed her mind in a second.

“Did she tell you anything? Has she any other plans with any other friends?” Namrata asked Neha.

“No Masi… She didn’t tell me anything. I can call my other friends to check with them.” Neha suggested.

“Yes, Neha… please call your friends and ask them. Maybe she is with someone or anyone knows anything.” Namrata requested Neha.

“Sure Masi… I will call you after checking with them.” Neha hung up and started calling her friends without wasting a minute.

Namrata called Rohit and told him everything instantly. He tried to compose his wife and told her he will reach home as soon as possible. He said he will go to school once and check there before coming home.

Namrata was praying only two things, one that Shruti comes back home at the earliest and the second that Sudha didi should not call her before that.

Adharv, peddadas, aarthi28 and 5 others like this.

2. ratan

ratan Gold IL'ite

Nice start with new concept. Very well knitted as your all previous stories.:banana:

muggs likes this.
  3. creativemumma

creativemumma Gold IL'ite

Nice to see you back

muggs likes this.
  4. muggs

muggs Gold IL'ite

Thank you @ratan for your lovely and encouraging comment :relaxed:

5. muggs

muggs Gold IL'ite

Thank you @creativemumma :) Hope you will enjoy the story.

6. muggs

muggs Gold IL'ite

7. muggs

muggs Gold IL'ite

Part 2

None of her prayers were answered though. Shruti was still not back. And after some time Sudha didi called again. This time Rohit answered the call. He was back home after checking school and nearby places.

“Sudha didi… Can I talk to Vinay Jijaji?” Rohit didn’t let her speak anything.

“Sure Rohit… I will give it to him.” Sudha found it little odd but then didn’t say anything.

“Hello, Rohit… How are you?” Vinay, Shruti’s father asked his brother-in-law. They have a great bonding and that’s why Vinay sent her only daughter to stay with her Masi and Masa without any objection and worry.

“Jiju… Actually…” And after listening to whatever Rohit had said from another side, Vinay’s face turned pale. He got up from his place and couldn’t say anything.

“We are trying to find her out but Jiju you and didi also come to Lucknow as soon as possible.” Rohit said.

Vinay and Sudha waiting for the train at Mirzapur railway station. Sudha’s tears were not stopping. Her heart was pounding fast, thinking where could their dearest daughter be gone. Would she be okay or not? Did she go anywhere by herself or someone else did all this? What if something untoward happened with her?

Next morning they were all sitting in the living room of Namrata and Rohit’s house. Shaan was fast asleep on the couch. Namrata and Rohit didn’t blink their eyes whole night thinking about what could be done next. They consider Shruti as their own daughter and feeling guilty that they could not take proper care of her. She was their responsibility and her parents handed her to them with so much trust.

Namrata was apologizing and consoling her sister. Rohit once again told everything in detail to Vinay whatever had happened from yesterday till the time they arrived in Lucknow. He told that he went to school but like Neha, guard and teacher also confirmed that Shruti didn’t come to school. They talked to Shruti’s friends with help of Neha, but no one is aware of anything.

“I think, we should go to Police.” Vinay said in a serious tone.

“Yes Jiju, you are right. We should not delay further. Let’s go.” Rohit agreed.

Hearing about Police, Sudha’s heart sank.

“Ohh God… Please protect my child. Please please… nothing should happen to her. I will also come with you.” She stood up from her place.

Namrata stayed back at home with Shaan. Vinay, Sudha, and Rohit drove to nearest Police Station.

“Sir my daughter is missing. Please help us, Sir. Please find my daughter.” Sudha folded her hand and pleaded with Senior Inspector Imran Ahmed.

“Relax Ma’am. First, you take a seat.” Inspector Imran gestured them to sit on chairs and offered Sudha a glass of water. For him, it’s a usual scene and he knows how to handle it.

Vinay consoled his wife and Rohit explained everything to Inspector. After knowing everything, Inspector Imran called a constable and asked him to file a missing FIR. He asked all the details about Shruti, like her height, complexion, what clothes did she wear, any other specific thing which can help them to find her.

“Is there anything which she said or done in the past few days which was something unusual?” asked Inspector.

They all took a few seconds to recall.

“Nothing as such. She was behaving like every other day. Going to school, coming from school on time, studying with her friends, watching TV and talking to us. In fact, on the weekend we all went to the mall, watched a new Bollywood movie she was very excited about, then had her favorite pizza and ice cream. There was nothing unusual in her behavior.” Rohit told.

“Yes Sir, she talks with me every day and shares everything, from her daily routine to whatever happened in school, about her friends while returning from school. But yesterday, she didn’t call me. And when I tried calling her, the phone was out of coverage area.” Sudha said with a heavy voice.

“Hmm… Mr. Vinay, don’t mind but we have to ask this… Do you think any boy is involved in this? I mean does she have any boyfriend or something like that? It is very common these days.” Inspector Imran asked further to investigate it.

Vinay’s face turned red. It is difficult for any father to hear such things about her dear daughter. He tried to control his anger but still, his voice raised a little bit, “No Inspector, there is nothing as such. Our daughter has no boyfriend. In fact, she studies at all-girls school.” Rohit put his hand on Vinay’s shoulder and asked him to calm down.

“Don’t take me otherwise Mr. Vinay. I understand that you are already going through a lot but we need to ask all this. I don’t think it is a case of kidnapping or something like that. If that would be the case, you must have got any call by now. I think Shruti is gone somewhere by her own will.” Imran put his thoughts forward.

“What are you saying, Inspector? Why will my daughter just get disappear all of a sudden? She has never done anything like this before.” Sudha took her daughter’s side. She couldn’t tolerate that someone is finger-pointing her daughter.

“Look, Ma’am… My doubt is not baseless. Your daughter told that she had an extra class, but she never reach to the school and there was no extra class. She didn’t even get on the bus. The bus stop is located right in front of society. That means she took any other mean of transport and went to some other place. She made an excuse to go out of the house dressed in her uniform with her school bag so that no one will find out where was she actually going. She had prepared for it. Okay, tell me one thing… Is anything else missing from house? Like her clothes or money or any other thing?” Inspector Imran’s experience and sharp senses don’t let him take much time to reach in-depth of this matter.

“We need to check. We haven’t gone to her room in all this haste.” Rohit responded.

“Then go home and try to find out. In the meantime, I will send her picture and other details to different police stations and also investigate in other areas. If you get to know anything, inform me.” Inspector Imran ordered.

“Sir, Please find our daughter. She is our life.” Vinay and Sudha requested helplessly.

“We will try our best. That is for what, we are here.” Imran assured them.

Adharv, Mugdha16, VinuthaS and 4 others like this.
  8. peddadas

peddadas Platinum IL'ite

I read both the episodes @muggs ..is it a crime story ? going good , even i am tensed.. where is she gone :fearful:

muggs likes this.
  9. aarthi28

aarthi28 Platinum IL'ite

Hey muggs
    Is she going to be in the house itself
    My guess

muggs likes this.
  10. FunChin

FunChin New IL'ite

Loved both the episodes.

muggs likes this.