Help Me Decide!

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Mindfulness, Jun 29, 2019.

1. Mindfulness

Mindfulness Senior IL'ite

Hello all

I am new to the forum...we are family of three( me my husband and son). Both are working. My husband in usa since 10 years and i am since 6 years. I am currently in a dilemma whether to stay here or return to india.. i do not want to feel post this on r2i forums as it is filled with answers revolving around money, savings,401 k amd stock returns. My dilemma is mainly due to social life. Kindly share your thoughts.

Social life challenges in United states-

1. Constantly need to search people unlike india.. people move back or move to different city.
    2. Limited choice. In india you can choose 10 like minded friends from 100 . Here choice is very less.
    3. Chances of finding same wavelength people very rare... it is due to limited choice
    4. No strong bonding friendship with other culture people. They talk about dogs, ex’s, entirely different stuff.
    5. All activity on weekends. Weekdays really boring and dull. Even if one is working mundane life is monotonous. Day to day life in india is vibrant.
    6. No neighbors bonding.. unlike india where neighbors are considered family( i hear things have changed in cities now) people are busy in india.. it is same as here.
    7. Setting play date and finding same age kids as ours is difficult.
    8. No wedding functions invitations.. i really miss that part.
    9. Our kids completely secluded from family tree( no cousins, sometimes language problem, limited grand parents love)
    Social life challenges in india-

1. Family politics- be it anything comparison, jealousy, competition, manipulation.
    2. I personally hate my relatives. They interfere way too much. Very judgmental and gossiping..definitely want to be away from them.
    3. My parents- they consider me as an outsider now.. i have a brother.. still unmarried.. they favor him over me. Lots of comparisons. Instead of being happy about my life.. always comparing to brother life.
    4. Mother in law is very possessive of her only child( my husband). Very cunning and smart. Same in law issues. Nothing unique.
    5. Gossiping interfering narrow minded people compared to usa
    6. Lack of privacy.

Pls help me decide which is better according to you. If you were me which one would you choose. I am not very good at writing. Please forgive me if some of the points are redundant. Some points may be wrong to. These are just my opinions. Thank you.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2019

2. vstn

vstn New IL'ite

I personally feel that decision can be taken based on the future and well being of the children or how you want them to be

3. Yaswa

Yaswa Junior IL'ite

According to me, staying there its a better option. If u came to India, u will not a lead a life with peace of mind in India your life is surrounded by lot of disturbances.