Vacation To India Unneccessary Expense.

Discussion in 'Indians in the UK' started by Neelaa, Jul 18, 2019.

1. Topaz49

Topaz49 Gold IL'ite

without hubby? For a true marriage to work smoothly, one partner cannot make decision solely. We all grow up with family 18-25 years, but spend many more years with your life partner.

Thyagarajan likes this.
  2. Topaz49

Topaz49 Gold IL'ite

more practical !

Thyagarajan and SinghManisha like this.
  3. Topaz49

Topaz49 Gold IL'ite

biggest mistake for an unhappy self/life is to compare yourself with anyone else. I know of families where wife made all the decisions and husband went along with it. Years later they had financial difficulty by loss of job in his middle ages; it resulted in husband and wife living in different cities for many many years, also incurred 2 household expenses. In one particular case where husband went along with his wife's desires, their relationship suffered. It impacted her son. Marriage is more than living together for the sake of marriage.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2019
    Thyagarajan, SinghManisha and PLK like this.
  4. Topaz49

Topaz49 Gold IL'ite

grow up!

Thyagarajan likes this.
  5. Sunshine04

Sunshine04 Platinum IL'ite

Jobs are not secure in India also

Thyagarajan and shravs3 like this.
  6. shalini79

shalini79 Senior IL'ite

No no. What I meant was, if both husband and wife are feeling that they are staying so far away from parents and the financials/work load do not permit meeting them even once in a year, then its probably better to move someplace closer to them.
    At least that's what we went thru when we were in US and I my kid was born there. Both me and my husband were of the opinion that its not worth staying in US and deprive our daughter of the love of grand parents. Hence we decided to return to India the first chance we get.

Topaz49 likes this.
  7. IL86

IL86 Silver IL'ite

@Topaz49 , you need too see that her DH has money to sponsor his parents, his intentions are very clear denying her time with her parents just because she don't earn. I don't think here money is the problem, problem is giving priority to spending money for parents visit while denying her visit to India.

I live in UK so I know someone who works here and their spouse and children gets free medical treatment from NHS, whereas parents need to get medical insurance which costs more, also they need visitor visa £300 each that alone is £600 and their day to day cost as well as two return tickets. So if you really look into her situation 4 people visiting India is cheaper option where both of them get to visit their parents. Surely her DH can cover this cost in comparison to the parents visit. In my view it's just plain emotional abuse by denying her to visit her parents.
    If it was purely financial decision then he wouldn't have bothered to call his parents for visit. And also if a woman is a housewife does she stop having say in household finances, her physical,emotional well being doesn't matter at all? How convenient is to ask her to suffer just because she works only at home front? Her situation is certainly not about financial issues, he is just saving money from her visit to give it back to parents visit, whereas going to India wouldn't have been loss to anyone he gets to see his parents she gets to see hers.

As for as work situation I don't know her situation but here if you work on minimum wage with children below 3 it makes no sense as everything u earn will go to childcare.So till the time child goes to nursery at age 3 or you work in higher wage, working outside really doesn't pay. And she said she has done BCOM and never worked before, so I don't see her better off if she works before her children turns 3,after that she will get free childcare.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2019
    Thyagarajan and Sunshine04 like this.
  8. Sunshine04

Sunshine04 Platinum IL'ite

Oh yes. Absolutely true
    I lived in UK for 4 years.
    You can't take the risk of not getting medical insurance also. Old age brings in more medical problems

IL86 likes this.
  9. Topaz49

Topaz49 Gold IL'ite

When you are in a foreign land, doesn't it make one feel more insecure without a job?

10. Topaz49

Topaz49 Gold IL'ite

you don't know and perhaps OP doesn't know the overall/big picture of their finances nor what he is thinking/his stresses.

SinghManisha likes this.