1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Mrs. Malaprop Strikes A Blow

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Balajee, Jul 11, 2019.

1. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

Vswa the post missed two classic mistakes in the menu cards of many TN restaurant. Being a vegetarian I suppose you won't care for SILLY SICKEN but you might be interested in GULPYaka Kulfi. I don't know whether oit ois a camouflage to protect themselves from wrathful gorakshaks but many Chennai joints offerP PEEP BIRYTANI

Viswamitra likes this.
  2. HariLakhera

HariLakhera Platinum IL'ite

English is a foreign language and is pronounced differently in different countries. Much of it has to do with accent. It happens with spellings also. I remember what Gandhiji once said. The metric final English test paper was in progress. The English teacher was worried. He was making rounds in the examination hall. One of his student was struggling with a word. Teacher quitely suggested to corrected it, which the student did. After the test was over, the student checked the book and found that the teacher also was wrong. Gandhiji concluded that english was a foreign language for him too.

There was a political leader, who while delivering his speech, said 'I conceive.....I conceive....I conceive... but could not decide how to put it. A lady got up from the audience and said 'Sir, you have conceived thrice but produced nothing. We, women, conceive once and produce a child'.

Afresh likes this.
  3. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

We are living in an age where there is no real learning. Only CRAMMING. without understanding. Reading habits? Neither parents nor teachers encourage kids to do general reading.beyond textbooks. Language skills are diappearing. Mrs. Malaprop's incursions are increasing.

4. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

We are living in an age where there is no real learning. Only CRAMMING. without understanding. Reading habits? Neither parents nor teachers encourage kids to do general reading.beyond textbooks. Language skills are diappearing. Mrs. Malaprop's incursions are increasing.

5. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

Afresh likes this.
  6. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

The way we treat English is really barbaric. For instance a Salon in Kolkata promises its customers "All kind of BARBARIC activities".

satchitananda and Afresh like this.
  7. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame