1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Menstrual Cramps!!The worst part of being a woman!

Discussion in 'Gynaecology' started by varalakshmi24, May 25, 2013.

1. varalakshmi24

varalakshmi24 Silver IL'ite

My Lovely Ladies! Its chums time here and I have found the magic pill to alleviate menstrual cramps!! Guess what its our very own Pudin Hara!

Basically in most cases, menstrual cramps is caused by formation of gas in the tummy which obstructs the flow. Pudin Hara releives gas and hence the pain subsides. The source of this information is my own experience only. Hence it is subject to change from person to person! Yes that was a disclaimer.
    Pudin Hara being relatively side effect free when compared to other pain killers like cyclopam and meftal, i think it would not harm you to give it a try.

Let me know if it works for you. Just make sure to drink 1 glass of water along with it because I heard it needs water to act .Hope this information is of some help to you :)

Bujji32786 and LuvLadoo35 like this.
  2. mimur9

mimur9 IL Hall of Fame

Pudina is a herb used from ancient times in our natural medicine and this does wonder during the cycle. Good that you have come and shared your experience on the same, Varalakshmi24.

Bujji32786 likes this.
  3. Pllvkapur

Pllvkapur New IL'ite

I do dhanurasana one or two days before the date just once in the morning and it works like magic. - learnt about this in yoga program on TV.
    Also avoid salty or spicy food around the date and keep that area clean- my gynecologist had advised me.
    I used to have unbearable pain, nausea and my whole day was ruined but now after following the above I function normally like any other day. So highly recommend especially yoga dhanurasana also called bow pose.

Bujji32786 and thegirlygirl like this.
  4. Bujji32786

Bujji32786 Senior IL'ite

Can someone add more tips on this thread please?I need them very badly.

5. Anusha2917

Anusha2917 IL Hall of Fame

It can't be avoided just during the time of periods. Needs consistent efforts during whole month. Pick up an exercise routine or do yoga / mediation /pranayam to keep the pain away.
    My experience the month I exercise I get no pain. No exercise = terrible pain.

Bujji32786 likes this.
  6. SKoundinya

SKoundinya Senior IL'ite

yoga, mediation helps in menstrual time and PMS.

7. Giri12

Giri12 Gold IL'ite

I do agree with title of this thread. Worst part of being women cramps during periods. Our whole life just revolves around them. Every plan festival celebration trip will always hav this big issue sort out first. Anybody asks me for any get together party first i cross check my dates literally i mean i just cant handle daily chores properly in first 2 days.

I remember when i got my periods it wasnt that painful but only for few months after that they were terrible. I was n am always angry in this phase. N sometimes i get much negative thoughts n depression too. I nowdays try to maintain my happy mood n just engage mind in other things.

I still feel that earlier method was so good. To give rest to such ladies from all chores. Maybe the implementation was too harsh n annoying sometimes as to restrict her entry in pooja room n to not allow to go outside but i agree with intention to give rest to her.

On this front i am always jealous of boys as they dnt have it so hav less complications in life overall. Although now i also feel that inspite of pain getting periods regularly n for upto late in 50s is good as it is good for bones n overall other functioning of body.

Due to my infertility struggle as side effects of most medicines my periods got worst. I got severe diarrhea during them so i almost lost all confidence to go out during those days. As i hav stopped all that i m getting back all normal but pain is still there. I will try remedies mentioned here
    Generally if pain is too much i take 1 full crocin i know its not good but just take it only if unbearable.
    when I used to do yoga regularly pain was much less so will again do that regularly. Also eating good food is neccessary.
    Now a days i get more back pain during periods plz suggest some remedies for that too.
    Sorry for long post