1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

How Husbands React When You Are Sick?

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Reesha, Jun 27, 2019.

1. Reesha

Reesha Silver IL'ite

Hi ladies,
    Just with curiosity I started this thread. We can be confident, we can do self earning, we can manage our life and kids too when we are healthy and confident with out help of husband. But what about situations where we may became sick some times in life. Just post hear how your husbands are reacting towards you when you became sick and not able to do any home cum kids duties. So it may brought awareness in some mothers about what they are missing in their teaching of their sons. It's not for personal purpose. If any one hurts, please ignore this thread

NOTE: please don't do single line statements like "my husband cares a lot" Kind off.. Explain will they serve you like a hospital sister or like care taker... Applying jandu balm.. Pressing feets so on

Last edited: Jun 27, 2019
    rachaputi likes this.

2. Patientone

Patientone Silver IL'ite

Im not sure like I cant remember because so much has gone on in my married life. When I first got married and was in hospital he used to look after me alot. His mother did not like that fact and kept taunting me that he looks after you so much thats why he has become so skinny. Now after some problems, a couple of years of married life with one child, I dont think he cares about me or notices me. Its all work work work and earn money and send it to India. I can't actually remember the last time I felt looked after. I dont actually remember the last time my husband smiled at me. Its sad but true. Its him thats says everyday 'Ohh I dont feel so well... my back is hurting...or head is hurting' one excuse or another. For those of you whose husbands look after them, be grateful to God and encourage your sons to do the same. I spilt hot water on my foot a few weeks ago, I told my husband and he acted like it was nothing. I honestly dont know what sort of human being he is.

3. Reesha

Reesha Silver IL'ite

Oh that's sad. Really men's will change with time but good to bad

4. Hopeless4lyf

Hopeless4lyf Senior IL'ite

For me it's been he usually has just asked if I took medication. I remember one night I had severe pain somewhere and I was in tears. He literally just patted me on the back trying to get me to go back to sleep n was like I did everything I can. One thing I have realized is you cannot expect them to take care of you as you as woman would take care of them.

5. parvathi1980

parvathi1980 Platinum IL'ite

I was having pain in my hip joint. Its still there. I have been told very insensitively to walk more by husband and mother. I am not obese and look just ok. Wear medium size for most brands. I dont get it! So now I am not talking about it. Will show it to the dr if it becomes bad.

6. Roar

Roar Gold IL'ite

I think women can give care for whatever time it needs, with struggle yes, but wont just give up.

While men, they have a limit ( only to wives, I suppose). After second day you can see the ' are we done yet' look. They can just walk away. That is where the difference comes.

7. Hopeless4lyf

I feel like thats the norm with any indians that if something happens they just blame it on eating habits or other things like exercising or what not. It's like if one broke a bone its because you don't eat properly so your bones are weak.

Vaikuntha, SinghManisha and Nylaa like this.
  8. Hopeless4lyf

Yep that's spot on. I think that goes for any age or generation. Maybe its Indian mentality.

9. Sandyr46

Sandyr46 Gold IL'ite

So, when u enter this world u come out alone right. When u lrave this world u go alone as well. Though 'in sickness and health' is a commitment widely used, I think be it husbands r in-laws they wud rather prefer u to b healthy. Am not saying all are like that but majority wud prefer that their wives stay healthy. So given that as women - single, married or divorced better take care of ur health first and keep ur wealth safe so u can utilize that for ur own recovery. Pray Almighty to give u good health. Better at his mercy than at the hands of lesser known individuals.

Giri12, Sunshine04 and SinghManisha like this.
  10. SinghManisha

SinghManisha Platinum IL'ite

when I am sick , I prefer not to be fussed over. The husband can get the kids out of my hair and I am happy ( along with checking that I am alive periodically lol ).
    A lot of single mothers and single women get by fine taking care of themselves. So I think I should be ok unless there is a life threatening emergency.
    Zandu balm and pressing feet ...maybe when I am in my 80’s and only if my grandkids want to.

Vaikuntha, Giri12, Anusha2917 and 2 others like this.