Need Suggestions - Is It Good Idea To Move To Malaysia From India?

Discussion in 'Indians in Malaysia' started by pranavi13, Jun 25, 2019.

1. pranavi13

pranavi13 Silver IL'ite

Thanks so much Ashneys for your inputs. Once we reach the discussion on salary component , I would reach you guys with exact numbers to figure out how worthy it is to take a move....

And is there any restriction in Malaysia, that Dependant Visa's cannot work like in US? or is the process simpler there to get work permit?

Another thought, not sure on how it works but someone suggested me to take up this way - Continuing job in India and apply through job portals for posts in Malaysia and once get some job offer, travel to Malaysia..
    Does this sound practical?

2. pranavi13

pranavi13 Silver IL'ite

Thanks Thyagarajan for your inputs.
    Hmm yes, i believe time matters. As it was 2000-01, it might have been very beneficial interms of Money.
    Now with all other inputs I received, I see that there wont be too much difference in terms of money savings.

Yeah, thanks for link. I have been googling it now a days to understand things on Savings/Lifestyle/Safety etc in Malaysia. But I personally feel better to connect with Indian people who are staying in Malaysia to give more insights

Thyagarajan likes this.
  3. ashneys

ashneys Platinum IL'ite

It’s not legally possible to work full time with a dependent visa but if you are able to look for a job there n convert the visa then you can.

No harm trying, but those openings should be open to hiring foreigners.

4. PLK

PLK Silver IL'ite

I would advice you to take things gradually. Let your husband travel first and get a feel. Dont take double risk. You continue with job here and may visit him for few months and back. Meanwhile keep looking as well as get feel yourself of life there. Advices from strangers initially is welcome, but its strong decision so decide gradually. Perhaps a year of coming and going.
    Also do you have nanny or anyone to look after the kids. They are very much young and need someone. Domestic help is major issue out of India.
    Hope the best may happen to you all!!

pranavi13 likes this.
  5. pranavi13

pranavi13 Silver IL'ite

Thanks PLK for suggestion. Yes, we are also thinking on the same line.
    My husband travels first and only after 6 months, we will decide on next step of moving kids and myself.
    In the first 6 months, we might understand how it suits us and take a call...
    My elder one is 8 years so I am fine to put her in school and daycare to manage things. Only issue would be with younger one who is 2 years now. Unfortunately I have no nanny who can come with us to help there....I might need to think of daycare for him as well there..But just that 6 months waiting period in India and another 6 months in new place will be around 3+ years for him and daycare might be good choice...