1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Seven Hops Around Fire

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Balajee, Jun 23, 2019.

1. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

Do I smell sarcasm?

2. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

Wow, a FB longer than my thread. I suspect like you that this thread has an adverse effect on clouds. No rains in Delhi and environs either as I kept reading and re-reading this thread. Interersting yarns about Tansen. But all Yagnas and Japams in temple is not going to help. If it rains after tha it is the case of classiic Tamil saying "Kakka utkara panampazham vizhudadam". As long as we play games with nature it will take its revenge on ys. Extensive sand mining on river and lake beds is preventing retention of water. Also greenery is giving way to concrete In chennai anfd many parts of TN lake beds have been sold out as house plots. You are facing the music because of that.

vrikshakadali and Thyagarajan like this.
  3. Sandyr46

Sandyr46 Gold IL'ite

:roflmao:Or mayb just lure a couple of minister daughters to wed the frogs.....we might actually get blessed with snowfall n who knows the frog might turn into prince charming with the kiss of love :kissingclosed::kissingclosed:

Viswamitra likes this.
  4. SunPa

SunPa Platinum IL'ite

Humour is a great survival tool. thanks for giving us some laughs .

I was in Chennai for a week. It was cloudy and started to drizzle last thursday evening, the day I was leaving . I hope that would be the beginning of the monsoons, but alas !

5. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

6. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

Sabitha even existing rain forests are giving way to concree jungles. in Chennai lake beds have been turned into housing plots and sold. Disgustng! And people are desperatem for rain to tide over a swater shortage that could have been avoided with intwlligent water managemnt. This crisis is of people's own making and they are at the same time perpetrators and victims..If you wreak havoc with natre it will take revenge.

7. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

That is a sad state of affairs @Balajee! Every time I visit India, I see change and sometimes I go to old areas seeking to see those old trees I grew up under and alas! I am not sure if it is revenge of nature as much as helplessness :( I know it is easy to speak staying outside and pardon me for that but any change seems like it should be bottom up and not top down at all in our country. The aam admi has to take action especially when I read news like by 2050, India will over take China in population, I hope we also make a note and overtake some countries in their forest areas or some such thing!

Thyagarajan likes this.
  8. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

Shyamala hopwe I didn't give you a stomach ache. The real serious issues here is in a desperatew situation people tend to do crazy things. and the second is our abject dependence on rain instead of taking recourse to scie tific water management.

Thyagarajan likes this.
  9. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

Viswa yes I remember during Jayalalitha's tenure Kunnakkudi Vaidyanathan stood knee deep in in water of some reservoir and played Raga Amrithavarshini to bring rain. Jayalalitha also tookto questionable scientific methods like cloud seeding for rain and some sensible measures like rainwater harvesting to fight drought . But her so-called followers are now organising japams by priests in knee deep water to bring rain. They promised to tackle the problem on war footing. Mumbo-jumbo seems to be their way of doing it. They are blind and deaf to the fact that their water management is poor.. Many lakes around Chennai have disappeared as their dry beds have been turned into housing plots. Extensive unsustainable and illegal sand mining on river beds has ensured that river water is not retained underground. They are screaming Cauvery from Karnataka when most of the water allowed by the neighbouring state has flown into the sea instead of being retained for cultivation and other purposes.
    Absence of rain is just one cause for the water crisis.r

10. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

Sabitha a gopvernment that does hardlkt anything to check the population growth in aDDITION TO RESPONSIBLE MINISTERS WHO SAY hINFUS SHOULD HAVE AT LEAST FOUR KIDS THE country seems doomed. What is ironic is even in such situation fertility clinics are doing roaring business. So is it surprisinfg India will overtake China in the demographic race? In such a situation depletable resources like water will take a toss. But our ruers are not planning with future in sight . They are only worried about how they can hold on to power until the next five years.