1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Healthy State Of Mind

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Viswamitra, Jun 15, 2019.

1. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Dear V sir,

My apologies if I have not acknowledged reading Anastasia. I could not however read the entire series. I found what I was seeking in Anastasia and stopped there :)
    Dear @Thyagarajan sir, it indeed is a fascinating read and I often go back and reread some pages every now and then. If you can, do read and I am sure you will enjoy it!

Thyagarajan and Viswamitra like this.
  2. HariLakhera

HariLakhera Platinum IL'ite

Very real. There is no shortage of food. But hunger persists.

Viswamitra likes this.
  3. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello:Thank you for sharing the delight of absorbing contents of Vladimir meagre - the Russian author. I was quite impressed with the read of intro by the author who translated her works to English. I shall try to acquire the author’s english translation.
    Regards.
    God has timed that one understands His MAYA - & realise THE world is maya bazaar.

Srama and Viswamitra like this.
  4. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

If we know all our strengths and weaknesses we will know ourselve at a particular moment. Because like everything else strengths and weaknesses too are in a state of flux. We need constant self-monitoring and self-criticism. But majority of people get tired of this and tend to fall victim to intellectual lazinrss. Constant and rigorous self-examination is not everybody's cup of tea. A healthy state of mind is such an actuve state of mind but the majority of people are not up to that mark.

Viswamitra and Srama like this.
  5. Viswamitra

Viswamitra IL Hall of Fame

Dear Balajee,

Absolutely. We don't have to wait for others to point that out to us. Introspection is a great exercise and is a continuous improvement process. Sometimes, dominant mind refuses to allow its decision to be reviewed by constantly using emotions such as ego, pride, etc. Every one is a work in progress and it takes time to have it as a discipline everyday.

6. PushpavalliSrinivasan

PushpavalliSrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Dear Viswa,

Only a healthy mind in a healthy body could function well. Even then an individual with a healthy body may not be having a mind that will steer him to choose the real life's goal which is to mingle with the ONE from where the self has started the life's journey.

We are all trying to do so many things in a limited time period which causes stress to both our mind and body. Our lives have become hectic which leads to irregularity in following a healthy routine. We should try to keep balanced both our mind and body which is easily said than done.
    I very much admire you for posting thought provoking posts like this.
    PS

7. Viswamitra

Dear Smt. Srinivasan:

Thank you for your kind words in the last paragraph. You are right about healthy body is somewhat related to healthy mind and vice versa. The pain is felt in the mind, it is not going to think about how to strategize the future of life. A hungry person can't think of spiritual growth. Similarly, if the mind is stressed, the blood pressure goes up. They are closely associated with each other.

Letting thoughts come and go as though they are unrelated and body that eats healthy meal for existence than taste are the two known prescription.

8. iyerviji

iyerviji Finest Post Winner

My dear Viswa

Thought provoking post. So much to learn.Thanks for explaining in detail

9. Viswamitra

Dear Vijiakka,

Thank you for visiting this thread. I feel very happy when I get a feedback from you. You are one of the most revered ILites here and your response is always valuable because others would also read once you give response.

Viswa

iyerviji likes this.
  10. iyerviji

iyerviji Finest Post Winner

Thanks so much for your loving words.Glad to know you feel happy when you get response from me. Same here. I would like to respond to all your posts but sometimes I don't know what feedback to give.

Viswamitra likes this.