1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Need Ideas To Utilise Sarees..

Discussion in 'Clothing & Apparels' started by Needtobestrong, Jun 9, 2019.

1. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

Op...check kangana ranaut and Samantha Ruth's saree blouse styles. I feel they look good for office wear.
    Kangana makes sarees look cool.
    She wears them with sneakers and boots too.:)

shravs3 and Needtobestrong like this.
  2. Kera

Kera Gold IL'ite

Has anyone actually converted saree to salwar suit? Is it worth it? I am thinking about converting some of my early 2000's saree which I haven't worn in decade because fashion style changed. Now that the 90's is back, I am debating whether to bring those sarees out to wear to parties (but I don't get chance to wear sarees often and I have much more new once, why wear decade old once). But sarees are beautiful I don't know if its worth it to cut it up and make kurtha. From what I read, 1 saree is not enough to make top and bottom. So this beautiful saree will only get me kurtha & I will need to mix/match bottom & duppata

I am afraid to ruin a perfectly nice saree but I will get more wear out of the kurtha if I change it.

Needtobestrong likes this.
  3. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

It is worth it if you can make it yourself or if stiching cost is cheap.
    Where I live,it is not worth it because stiching cost is too much.
    If you want ,you can get kurta made and use the rest to make a blouse or stole .

Amulet likes this.
  4. sunchiajju

sunchiajju Bronze IL'ite

If you have a flair for designing, then you can design a dress or salwar suit and get it stitched with the saree. I used to do that with my moms' saree during college days.

5. Kera

Kera Gold IL'ite

I looked at some online examples of saree converted to Kameez & tbh the sarees always look so beautiful and elegant. And when its converted to Kameez it looks so simple & normal. The saree version always looks nicer & this is why I am afraid to cut up a saree. I always think, I can donate the saree to someone but we don't have desi clothes donation options here & once sarees are outdated, its hard to get anyone to want it. I am not good at designing but I have some old saree that I have not worn in decade & have no intention of wearing. I will try on that and see how it looks.

Needtobestrong and sunchiajju like this.
  6. jackfowler

jackfowler Guest

i can give you the best way to reuse old silk sarees. silk gives very rich and elegent look in traditional function.

you can use it for heavy and rich dupatta for salwar suit or for lehenga choli. it gives a trendy and royal looks. silk is latest fashion fabric in today's time.

Needtobestrong likes this.