1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Should I Confront?

Discussion in 'Toddlers' started by Sweety2016, Jun 18, 2019.

1. Sweety2016

Sweety2016 Gold IL'ite

duplicate

Last edited: Jun 19, 2019
  2. Sweety2016

Sweety2016 Gold IL'ite

Dear all,

Thank you so much for the insights...

The father lives with them. He works and so is out of the house sometimes as far as i know. I have seen him in the week ends playing with the kids..laughing and all..I also have seen ladies visiting her every day, may be her friends or relatives...This indicates that the family has a good social life unlike me who is completely isolated socially here..So my H is worried that I would be inviting unnecessary trouble...The beatings happened this weekend so the father was definitely at home..

When only the mom and kids are at home, I have seen it many times that she will be continuously talking to somebody on phone and kids will either be at balcony or with their tablets.

Its been 2 days now since the incident and I asked my MIL about any more updates. She tells that shouting has happened hardly once or twice and that things seem ok..This is because the kids go to school in the weekdays and so naturally chances are less..My child who is 3 yrs old now has picked up this habit of imitating her whenever she shouts..thats screaming in the same manner as the lady looking at her from our balcony. The lady immediately stops and gives mild stares at us...

This is a very very sensitive issue as @startinganew has rightly pointed out..No mothers would appreciate if some random strangers try imparting them with parental advises. Also in India, beating is considered normal to discipline children..I also dont have any proof or videos of the lady thrashing them...So at the end, mine would represent a very weak case and ultimately would get dissolved!! So I will keep the details of the child care helpline details provided by all of you handy..And I would wait and watch for the next 2 weeks especially during the weekends..If situation keeps becoming worse, I would either directly talk to her in a friendly manner (which is very unlikely) or anonymously report her..