1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

The Burden Of Perfection

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by HariLakhera, Jun 12, 2019.

1. HariLakhera

HariLakhera Platinum IL'ite

But there is a problem. The tug of war (if I may say so) is always between MIL and DIL. In any case my MIL must be watching me from the sky if I am taking good care of her first born. In the same way may be my better half's MIL may be watching if she is taking good care of her lovely lad. Either way we will not know.
    Why make me the sacrificial goat? A SIL anyway get crushed between two heavy weights (figuratively). I have yet to see if any male member venturing into that dangerous territory. hahaha

Thyagarajan likes this.
  2. HariLakhera

Japanese are said to be highly focused people and they have raised standards of quality particularly in the shop floor of manufacturing units. Kaizen, First time Right, Six Sigma and similar other terms were often in use during my times some 20 years back. They may have added more. Obviously it is a tremendously high pressure measurement of excellence and success. 40% of Japanese do not marry because their job requirement will not allow them to shoulder family responsibility. Suicide rate is high.
    My point is go for high excellence by all means but leave some time for mundane activities also.
    This is a lesson for parents also.

Thyagarajan likes this.
  3. shyamala1234

shyamala1234 Platinum IL'ite

May be it is difficult to live with themselves, the perfectionists. Let them struggle with themselves and make the world happy. It is their problem.But why bother others also to be perfect when the others are happy with their little world, simple pleasures, activities and lead life? We respect them, admire them...but cannot come up to them. We are happy with our little imperfectionalism.
    Syamala

Thyagarajan likes this.
  4. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello: Thought provoking.
    2. After unveiling the statue of Manro riding on a horse in MOUNT ROAD CHENNAI THEN Madras near railway renamed central station - the speaker pointed out the undepicted missing part - Stirrup iron - where the straddled foot rests about the saddle. The man who sculpted it for seven or eight long months heard the speaker andnext morning he could not tolerate with his imperfection of the statute committed suicide.
    3. In certain tasks where quick output required there seems to be no need to aim for perfection. Painting yes. Caricatures capturing yes you got to be perfect. Music certain types yes you need perfection which is attainable only after years of practise.
    4. Lord Brahma proceeded on casual leave for few days and his deputy took charges and continued with creations of human beings.when Lord Brahma resumed he found stocks of all organs exhausted by deputies creation as he had plunged into the work with alacrity. Instead being happy, Brahma was bewildered at the sight of huge stock of brains unused. He asked deputy where he had dropped all those of his creations. He said a place name. BRAHMA desired ways and means to establish connection between each of such creation in that land to heavenly stock of their corresponding brain and with all his heads he tried but in vain.....
    5. Perfectionists in fine arts like music dance sports easily discover hidden talents amongst their disciples. A perfect 10 out of ten in gymnastics Olympics is world stirring event. Russian Komanachi celebrated for it.
    Thanks and regards.
    God live through perfectionists.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2019
  5. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

And would the reincarnation plan include reecycling ?

When young Dr. Frankenstein wanted Igor (his assistant) to fetch him the brain to put into the large man he was putting together in surgery, Igor gives him the brain of one A.B.Normal.

HariLakhera and Thyagarajan like this.
  6. Thyagarajan

:hello:OMG . That is a super question.
    Could be extended further to cannibalisation.

7. Thyagarajan

That’s super novel idea! I enjoy reading your suggestion. Thanks

8. Radha99

Radha99 Senior IL'ite

My 6 year old son does his school work with too much perfection. In the process he is becoming very slow. Teacher complains that he is slow. I know why. I told him many times it’s okay if there is small mistake. Sometimes he will just stop doing that work because he gets tired of doing it with perfection. I am lost how to change him

9. Sandyr46

Sandyr46 Gold IL'ite

:roflmao:

MIL n lousy inattentive spouse n divorce :sunglasses::sunglasses:

HariLakhera likes this.
  10. HariLakhera

This may be because perfectionists cannot stand imperfection, again, because of their obsession with perfection particularly when they are in the driving seat. Luckily they are blind to others. I agree with you and there is a vast mela of 'let go' guys out there.