Mundane Life And It Bores Me.

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Anusha2917, Jun 14, 2019.

1. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

"All eees vell" can be a real problem if that keeps on for a while without hiccups.

Something will nag at the gut. Especially for an active browser of this darned IL forum relationship threads with such a lot of problems. For the member with no problems, the kwestin "How can it be?" will crop up in the mind, and bother her everyday she is on the forum and reading one more new and novel issue from Mrs.Misery (fictional member ID).

The girl with a boring-happy life cannot jump on the significant "him" in the evening, when he returns from work, and demand to know if he feels the same way; he'd think she is going nuts.

It is a good move to come and post here. On the downside, you might get MrsMisery come and ask you "why she can't have what you're having".

Last edited: Jun 14, 2019
    Thyagarajan and Anusha2917 like this.
  2. cheenu123

cheenu123 Gold IL'ite

Recently, the trend of all-women vacation groups is coming up. Explore that!

3. Anusha2917

Anusha2917 IL Hall of Fame

:roflmao:

That video made ROFL. Yes I am close to going there.
    The sound though !!;);)

Last edited: Jun 14, 2019
  4. Vaikuntha

Vaikuntha Platinum IL'ite

You are living a charmed life, is it?!

Any children in picture?

5. Anusha2917

No children in picture. That's an other saga. :sweatsmile:

6. SinghManisha

SinghManisha Platinum IL'ite

Anusha, Your frame of mind right now is similar to mine. It’s not that we do not have problems, we are able to overlook some of them. I won’t make you feel guilty for the way you feel . I have felt ungrateful while I felt like there was something lacking in life.
    It is good to be grateful always. However, I do not like the idea of using someone else’s misery as a yardstick to measure my level of happiness . We all have our share of up’s and down’s and we all live through it .
    It is good to evaluate your life sometimes rather than settling in to the mundane. It will prompt you to bring about some positive changes, hopefully.
    Go take that vacation ! Sending you lots of positivity!!

anika987, Thyagarajan, Sinant and 3 others like this.
  7. rgz

rgz Gold IL'ite

That is the real saga. If you have kids (who many consider as one of the main pillars concept of a marriage, if you dont then this post may not be appropriate), then you won’t even have much time to contemplate the boredom, there will just be too much to do and too little time.

Thyagarajan, Giri12 and Anusha2917 like this.
  8. startinganew

startinganew Gold IL'ite

The world really needs people in a situation like yours - life mostly OK and in-control (because of your efforts) but still a little bit of mild to moderate dissatisfaction to "do more". You're the one who can go out of your family and work circle and do some good. :)

At times like this - despite tight schedules if you spend an hour or two every week to solve some else's problem - I think it can give you deep satisfaction on your life's purpose. And given that you've been able to solve and be on "cruise" in your day-to-day life - you have a reasonable set of skills you've developed for yourself.

Find a problem around you for others that bothers you a lot - that you can help with. Could be spending time volunteering at an orphanage or special-needs school teaching them some basic tech skills (since you say you're in tech). If you don't want to be time-constrained - then you can try - provide help with running a website for a non-profit, contribute code to a open-source project that uses tech for social good, etc. These can be done at your convenience without being physically present somewhere. Just throwing some random ideas since being in "tech" can mean very different things. You will need to find a strong cause for which you won't mind and be happy to squeeze in something in your already-packed schedule.

(Sorry if I sound too preachy). I am working on this myself because I feel this is part of my "self-care" that I am trying to work on. I used to be able to do this before marriage and after marriage/before kid. But after kid this becomes hard and I feel this contributes to my discontent with the status quo. :)

9. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

And then there is the new thread from one more IL'ite who'd lost control of her life because children came before realizing (or establishing) her status/position with her mate and marital household. I feel sad.

Thyagarajan and Anusha2917 like this.
  10. Anusha2917

Thank you for the positive post Manisha.
    These feelings are like passing clouds I guess. They'll pass sooner than we imagine.
    But this introspection has made me think to do something in my career.
    So let's see. Hopefully it works. :)

SinghManisha likes this.