1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Homemade Herbal Hair Oil?

Discussion in 'Hair Care & Hair Styles' started by sneha1985, May 25, 2019.

1. radv

radv Gold IL'ite

No I have not yet used it.
    But I came across this article

Cynthia Cobb, APRN on December 5, 2018 — Written by Scott Frothingham
    [paste:font size="5"]
    Eucalyptus oil is oil distilled from the leaves of the eucalyptus tree (Eucalyptus globulus), an evergreen known for its fast growth. Although the eucalyptus tree is native to Australia, it is now grown all around the world.

According to a 2016 studyTrusted Source, eucalyptus oil has antimicrobial, antifungal, and herbicidal properties.

Advocates of using eucalyptus oil to apply to hair suggest that it:

Before using eucalyptus oil, proceed carefully. Like most essential oils, it’s important to dilute eucalyptus oil in a carrier oil before applying it directly to the skin.

sneha1985 likes this.
  2. Vaikuntha

Vaikuntha Platinum IL'ite

I take olive oil in a wide mouth glass jar, and add dry hibiscus flowers from Mexican aisle. Also add dry amla pieces and a chamomile flowers- you get it from the same place hibiscus. I leave it for few days and then use the oil from top. I some times add jojoba oil, to the mix

sneha1985 and virtualkv2020 like this.
  3. virtualkv2020

virtualkv2020 Platinum IL'ite

Nice! Yes I find dried red hibiscus flowers in stores too.Many people use it to make tea.I grind the petals and mix the petal powder and virgin coconut oil in equal amounts.I then luke warm little oil and massage it onto the scalp every night before bed time and wash with a herbal Ayurveda shampoo twice a week.This results in shiny and silky hair growth.

Vaikuntha and sneha1985 like this.
  4. Gauri03

Gauri03 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

What's the verdict so far? Is it working? I'd go to the trouble of grating and squeezing but I'm concerned it would all be for nothing.

Vaikuntha likes this.
  5. virtualkv2020

I just started doing this 2 weeks ago,his hair fall is now under control and of course controlling the stress level is in his hands.I am yet to see the results.I heard that this needs to be done for at least 3 months to notice visible results.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2019
    Gauri03, Vaikuntha and sneha1985 like this.
  6. sarvantaryamini

sarvantaryamini Gold IL'ite

Don't use that oil. You can do something better. Just make onion paste, put it on your head an hour or two before head bath and then rinse your hair. I guess that should work as well. I too am hesitant for the same reason. Putting onion to head may leave a bad scent.

sneha1985 likes this.
  7. sneha1985

sneha1985 Gold IL'ite

Thanks for the idea of including Amla powder in the diet! I used to get frozen amla's but it never tasted good to me. I liked fresh ones. I got dietary Amla powder from grocery store and will add that to my regular fruit juice or something. I had super long and voluminous hair when I was small, but a lot of it was dependent on my stress free lifestyle and my diet. As soon as my mom would get back from market with fresh veggies and fruits, I used to eat those raw fresh veggies and some fresh fruits too. She would clean, cut and keep it prepared for me. But as soon as I moved to US, I have to do everything for myself and that kills my mood to do anything. Also for some reason I don't like raw veggies anymore, so I hardly get in any salads. After moving here, I want to eat everything that's sweet, so it's mostly fruits or unhealthy sweets like cake/ice-cream/chocolates. I do include spinach and flax seeds in my smoothies and lately have been including lots of beans and pulses in my diet too.

Vaikuntha and virtualkv2020 like this.
  8. virtualkv2020

Another important thing is to get your vitamins tested and take supplements as suggested by your physician.Please check vitamin D, B 12, iron, zinc and any other vitamins as suggested.Also rule out any hormonal imbalances by checking the thyroid function, uterus issues such as pcos etc and take medication if needed.

Use a herbal shampoo powder for head bath with luke warm or cold water. The second best option is to go for a mild shampoo.Avoid using blow dryers, hair styling tools and other harsh products.

Try meditation to relax your mind and control stress levels,pamper yourself with the things you love, you can probably go on a trip or ask your parents to come over to keep your soul happy.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2019
  9. strei

strei New IL'ite

i tried a number of oils but no use finally got checked medically found it was anemia.. so if hairfall then do check that aspect also other than outer treatments.

sarvantaryamini and Vaikuntha like this.
  10. Vaikuntha

Vaikuntha Platinum IL'ite

True, low iron levels means hairloss