1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Message Of Doctor On Weight Loss

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by Thyagarajan, Jun 7, 2019.

1. virtualkv2020

virtualkv2020 Platinum IL'ite

I haven't tried it yet but will keep you posted If and when I see the effect.I just wanted to use it after I am done using the tamarind from my pantry.For fat loss I did experiment with mustard oil-camphor mix and pipali-honey mix and I am happy with the results.However for these to work we also need to eat and exercise wisely.My dad used pipali in the past which didn't work for him as he was binge eating!

Last edited: Jun 7, 2019
  2. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Precisely. There is no magic potion, no, not even garcinia for weight loss. It MUST be combined with diet and exercise. In which case, does one really need garcinia?

SunPa and virtualkv2020 like this.
  3. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

This puLi substitute has been around in the cuisines of the south for decades. Supposed to help diabetics with carbohydrate metabolism; but the grand aunties who pushed the bitter gourd-dal-masala with the garcinia-puLi in the mix, never bothered with any measurements or results.

I see people in the cricket match spectator crowds on TV. We are a lot bigger people than we used to be. :worried::( Wild jumping up and down all together on those gallery seating does not seem safe at all. And the quacks are using whatsapp and other rumor mills to get at the gullible. Perhaps it is a good thing: if the money is spent on HCA pills and similar magic skinnifiers, there’d less money for Pizza from swiggy. The age old medicine of bleeding(the money) to cure affluenza.

Afresh and satchitananda like this.
  4. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

ROFL.
    thanks and Regards.

5. satchitananda

Never thought of that as a strategy, though I doubt it would work. Most of the people who have so much spare time and money in their hands - enough to sit on their back sides and spend to their heart's content - would probably be able to buy their garcinia as well as eat their pizzas! Affluenza is like a chronic ailment which only keeps getting worse with time. Poverty still could be alleviated.

Amulet likes this.
  6. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

Sad, isn't it ?
    A few years back ( in a party-gathering conversation) I was talking with a desi-doctor-friend. We were talking about diets, weight loss, etc... and I asked him about how poor people in desh are skinny, whereas poor in the west are grossly obese. We joked about leeches from a few centuries ago; but, the doctor said that there are indeed some circumstances in which modern medicine could use leeches.
    What we really need is a leech (like organism) that wants fat rather than blood. Perhaps a GMO thing* could be the answer.

:wink1:*GMO is not a garcinia mimic organism :wink1:

satchitananda and Afresh like this.
  7. Afresh

Afresh Gold IL'ite

you are seriously awesome!! :grinning-smiley-048::thumbup:

Amulet and satchitananda like this.
  8. satchitananda

Talking of leeches which suck fat instead of blood, I have always rued the fact that there is no 'fat donation/transfusion' instead of that of blood. I would be a regular donor and there are many I know who would receive it very gratefully and give me 4 anne ka haar and dakshina for the favour!!! :p

Amulet and Afresh like this.
  9. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

aiiiyyoooOOO... please. Don't even go anonymously public about all that!
    We are all in that boat together.
    The only saving grace is in physics, fat is lighter than water, and we'd never sink and drown.

satchitananda likes this.