1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

From The Troubles And Misfortunes Of Others

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Rihana, May 29, 2019.

1. jskls

jskls IL Hall of Fame

Rih-ji though these are the coping techniques widely accepted and used I hardly employ them. Never thought of 'Atleast" or "count your blessings" in others misfortune. my own misfortunes were many.

Recently I had to participate in the funeral of a child and it broke my heart to see the kid and the parents. At that moment my heart cried not only for the loss of a young life but for all the pain I caused to my children and never appreciating what I was blessed with instead always looking for what was amiss. Here I would say atleast now I realize all the mistakes(big & small) I did and probably will help me be a better person with what I am blessed.

"Count your blessings" - this recently I thought when I escaped from a near miss major accident. Not that I walked away unharmed but I was there to attend a major milestone in my child's life. At that moment I did really count my blessings that I was able to be a part of it.

So, my understanding is to attain a comfort or sense of well-being and gratitude not from misfortune of others but from blessings in one's own life.

Viswamitra and Rihana like this.