Finest Posts - Nominations For June 2019

Discussion in 'Finest Posts of IL' started by Cheeniya, Jun 1, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

If I tell you that June is the sixth month of the year in Julian and Gregorian calendars, as Wikipedia does month after month, I know you will say ‘Oh, yeah’ and move on. This is the problem. I suffer from starting trouble. I drum my fingers on my bald head hoping that something will come from there. And finally, I make a beeline to the Super Lord Wiki and it directed me to start from the monsoon
    In India, we will be gearing up for the start of the monsoon in June that will enable us to relax on consumption of water. I wonder if the starting of rainy season will be as welcome anywhere else in the world as it is in India. The distant thunder is the sweetest sound that heralds the arrival of monsoon. We all keep looking at the sky for the first shower as they do in Lagaan.
    I keep looking at you for the shower of nominations for June. Nominations delight me more than the monsoon rains. Let the showers start!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Nominations are accepted on the strict understanding that they are original writings of the Poster. If it comes to our notice that it is copied, it will be deleted from the nominated posts.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Please note that posts and threads from the sub-forums Express Cafe, Forward Messages & Jokes, Online Games & Puzzles are not for nomination.

Nominations are accepted on the strict understanding that they are original writings of the Poster. If it comes to our notice that it is copied, the nomination will be removed with a note that it is a copied piece and hence deleted.

To familiarize yourselves with FP and its nominating process, please check this link below:
    Finest Posts of IL
    Each member is allowed to nominate up to 4 posts only.
    This ensures that each of us have a hand in deciding the winning post as we will filter our choice more closely, thus making the winner more significant.

The nominations will be closed on the last day of every month. Simultaneously, the nomination thread for the following month will be opened on the First day of that month.

In case of nominating FBs, please remember to add a link to the FB and not to the original post.

The following gives step-wise on adding links to your nominations –

- To add a link to the original post that you are nominating:
    How to add a "Link" in my post?

- To add a link to the FB that you are nominating:
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/fa....html#post6653

Thyagarajan and satchitananda like this.

2. Greenbay

Greenbay Gold IL'ite

My first nomination is @Srama 's Lovely Days And Ruminations!

She is blessed with a rare talent of finding gems in a mundane day and this snippet was one of those taking readers along the ride.

Anusha2917, Srama and Thyagarajan like this.
  3. Cheeniya

Dear @Greenbay
    Thanks a lot for opening the account for June 2019 with your nomination of @Srama 's Lovely Days And Ruminations!
    Sabi is an adept in writing poems in prose form. This time she has embellished it with some lovely pictures too. Look at the kind of responses that she gets. They add great value to the OP. I often wonder how is it that Sabi has got eyes only for the visual joys of life. With a little bit of that skill, we can add life to our years.
    A lovely beginning of June 2019
    Sri

Srama and Thyagarajan like this.
  4. iyerviji

iyerviji Finest Post Winner

Thyagarajan likes this.
  5. Cheeniya

@iyerviji
    My dear Viji
    Thank you for your nomination of @SinghManisha 's One Life To Live
    A well articulated subject this is. I liked the opening question:
    I loved the participation by @Amulet and @Viswamitra . I recall a question raised by a friend of mine once. He asked 'What is the point in having nine lives like a cat if we cannot live them out well? We'll only end up as a cat!'
    In the Chronicles of Clovis, Saki tells us of a cat by name Tobermory that talks like humans. This is a short conversation with the cat from the story:
    "Would you like to go and see if cook has got your dinner ready?" suggested Lady Blemley hurriedly, affecting to ignore the fact that it wanted at least two hours to Tobermory's dinner-time.
    "Thanks," said Tobermory, "not quite so soon after my tea. I don't want to die of indigestion."
    "Cats have nine lives, you know," said Sir Wilfred heartily.
    "Possibly," answered Tobermory; "but only one liver."

Sri

Amulet and iyerviji like this.
  6. iyerviji

iyerviji Finest Post Winner

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 3, 2019
    Needtobestrong likes this.
  7. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Dear @Greenbay ,

Thank you for nominating my snippet. I appreciate it! I am learning that what we go through is what is life supposed to be. Focusing on that, we are elevating it as life itself instead of seeing them as various situations! Focusing on the beauty allows me to take a break from the monkey mind that is on a hamster wheel! When I write it down, it makes me relive the feelings adding value and when I get responses, you know the magic it can spin! So your nomination means a lot! Thank you.

Anusha2917 likes this.
  8. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Dear Cheeniya sir,

You always have such lovely words for me. Thank you! You are right, the beauty of all this writing is in the responses. Indeed they are such a value add and personally for me just the realization that others understand what I write and can experience the same is beyond words adding value to what I am already feeling!

Thank you sir!

9. Anusha2917

Anusha2917 IL Hall of Fame

+1. The way @Srama has penned down the thoughts has given me an inspiration to observe and enjoy the Nature .:)

Srama likes this.
  10. Needtobestrong

Needtobestrong Platinum IL'ite

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.