1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

You Are Missing In My Heart!

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by Rajeni, Jun 2, 2016.

1. peddadas

peddadas Platinum IL'ite

Welcome back Rajeni

oh marriage with kishore .. that was quick...you kept readers stay tight with seatbelts on .. so we were just waiting.

What a narration Rajeni.. I love the way you express stuff and how matured the characters are...great going...
    Thanks for taking time to give us an episode.

--PS

Rajeni likes this.
  2. Rajeni

Rajeni Moderator Platinum IL'ite

Thank you dear Deepika for such an immediate response!

Deepika23 likes this.
  3. Rajeni

Thank you dear Aarthi! Thats exactly what I am trying! To post without much gap!! Will try my best!!

4. Rajeni

Thank you so much Amma!! Hope you are doing good!!

periamma likes this.
  5. Rajeni

Thank you dear PS! I have missed such lovely feedback all these days!

6. Rajeni

Previous Chapters:

Part 1 - Part 2 - Part 3 - Part 4 - Part 5 - Part 6 - Part 7 - Part 8 - Part 9 - Part 10 - Part 11 - Part 12 - Part 13 - Part 14 - Part 15 - Part 16-Part 17 - Part 18 - Part 19 - Part 20 - Part 21 - Part 22 - Part 23 - Part 24 - Part 25 - Part 26 - Part 27 - Part 28 - Part 29 - Part 30 - Part 31 -Part 32 - Part 33 - Part 34 - Part 35 - Part 36 - Part 37 - Part 38 - Part 39 - Part 40 - Part 41 - Part 42 - Part 43 - Part 44 - Part 45

Chapter 46:

“Hey Kalyana Ponnu (Bride)!” Arjun’s voice boomed at the other end.

“Where are you idiot? Are you planning to come to the wedding or not?” she yelled.

“Easy Neethu.. I will come straight to the reception” he said

“What? Come straight and eat and leave is it?”

“Haha.. sorry da.. My flight got delayed and I am yet to board.. hopefully I should be there before 7”, he said.

“What?!! Do you even remember all the promises you have made for my wedding?” she asked, tears threatening to break down again.

“Pappa.. don’t get upset now.. you could never imagine how much I want to be there now. I am wanting to be there from the time you got engaged, to meet Kishore, to help Appa and amma in wedding planning and more importantly to be with you.. but what to do.. this stupid training and its strict conditions..” he cursed at the end and sighed.

“I know Aju.. Sorry.. just that I miss you.. I don’t know, I kinda feel weird.. both happy and sad at the same time… would feel a lot better if you are near me”, she said softly.

“I know” Arjun said, his broad smile very evident in his voice, “another 3 – 4 hours and I will be there” he assured.

“Did he come yet?” Nethra asked Tanvi who walked inside the Bride’s room of that huge marriage hall. She had just returned to her temporary room after a photo shoot with Kishore.

“Not yet”, she answered and her eyes checked her watch absentmindedly.

“Stupid guy! Stupid training!” Nethra muttered under her breath.

“Ready for reception?” asked Kishore who stood at the door; his eyes appreciatively swept her from head to toe. He had already whispered his appreciation and admiration during the photo shoot. “Can’t wait for tomorrow”, he had said and she had blushed a deep red.

Nethra blushed faintly as she spoke, “oh! Its time eh!” and she stopped herself before she spoke something about Arjun. Earlier that day, when she told or rather vented out to Kishore about Arjun’s training and his flight delay, his response or lack of response had upset her. He just responded with a casual, “Oh is it”, and continued to talk about something else.

She shook that thought out of her mind and walked out hand-in-hand with Kishore. There was a loud cheer from their office gang as they walked towards the stage.

Nethra looked stunningly gorgeous in her Peach-ish orange Lehanga-choli, her long hair was side-swept and done in an intricate messy pattern which flew over her right shoulders. The focus of her face make-up was rightly her eyes, keeping the rest of the colors soft and subtle. Kishore stood handsome in his reddish maroon sherwani and both their dress colors complemented the other. Time flew by as they shook hands, hugged, received gifts and smiled at the camera. Amidst all those, a small part of her remembered and nagged that her best friend was not there yet, but other than that she stood there smiling and shining like the happy bride that she was.

Nethra was back in the bride’s room all tired and exhausted. She sat half drowsy as Sanjana undid her hair. “Makeup remover is not here, Neetu, must be in the room upstairs. Change your dress, I will go get it”, saying Sanjana went up to the room which was given to her and Tanvi. Though they spent most of their time with Nethra, Nirmala had thoughtfully given the girls a separate room to get dressed.

Nethra removed the dupatta that was draped around from the right side of her waist to her left shoulders. She stopped and with a sigh searched for her mobile. “Everything about the evening was perfect.. almost! And, it can’t be just perfect because that stupid guy is not here”, she spoke to herself as she picked her mobile and dialed Arjun’s number.

Realizing that the mobile signal strength was very poor in her room, she picked up her dupatta and draping it carelessly around her shoulders, stepped out of her room. The guests have all gone and there were a few close relatives seen chatting scattered in the hall and a few moved across making arrangements for the early muhurtham. The stage decorators were seen bringing down the reception setup and pulling up different theme for the Muhurtham. Not wanting to cross the relatives in the hall and get into a conversation, Nethra tip-toed towards the side of the hall and walked through the corridor which led to dining hall. Mid-way through the corridor there was another passage that led to the Hall’s small side garden and parking area. She took the passage and came out. There was no one other than the quietly parked array of cars. The fresh air eagerly brushed her tired face, she inhaled deeply a fresh gulp of air and exhaled in relief.

Feeling much calmer, as she started to dial Arjun’s number, she heard a soft sound. She could not identify what that was, was it the sound of wind? She wondered. As she listened, it became a little more distinct, like a sniffing sound. She instinctually took a few steps towards the direction of the sound. Then, she could hear something that sounded like mumbled voices, again it all went calm. She hesitated and debated whether to move forward and check the source of the sound or to get back to her room. Though, there were a few lights, she realized that she almost have reached the backside of the hall. Though she was scared and what she was doing then felt crazy, her instincts pushed her forward to seek where the sound was coming from.

She moved closer and again the sniffling sound followed by some low hushing. “Was someone crying?” she thought. She quickened her pace and all she could see in the direction of the sound was a parked tempo traveler. As she came close to it, finally, her eyes located the source of the sound.

Her legs froze in its place and the mobile from her hand fell on the grass with a low thud!

(Contd.)

blissfull, Rampuri9, Bhoonzee and 3 others like this.
  7. periamma

periamma IL Hall of Fame

@Rajeni Doing good ma.How are you?

Rajeni likes this.
  8. creativemumma

creativemumma Gold IL'ite

Ah...U you very well know where to stop:(

Waiting for the next part Rajeni

Rajeni likes this.
  9. Rampuri9

Rampuri9 Silver IL'ite

welcome back rajeni .. lovely episodes... waiting for more

Rajeni likes this.
  10. Rajeni

I am doing good Maa.. Thanks for reading the story continuously.