1. The Great Big Must Read List : Find Interesting Book Suggestions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

What are you reading now?

Discussion in 'Book Lovers' started by Nandshyam, Mar 28, 2008.

1. ano

ano Silver IL'ite

2. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

Creating Affluence by Deepak Chopra, M.D.
    wealth consciousness in the field of all possibilities
    Simple steps every day action lead one to incredible affluence.
    You would love to read not once but too often.
    Voracious or not, I would strongly recommend for its simple lucid truth on the autoban to affluence.
    GOD HELPS WITH PLEASURE OF READING.

3. Novalis

Novalis Gold IL'ite

You know Ano, no one till date has expressed their observation of my shout-out. I write like a thunder rolled but only fellow mavericks interpret that as a six.

Only a TP fan could encapsulate the nuance in a shout-out. I have no doubts, you are a bonafide TP fan! Again, you consider my outreach a big deal when the fanatic me, eavesdropping on Terry Pratchett at earshot, is plotting of abducting you as the bumper deal in IL. Just waiting for someone to say Pratchett so that I could pounce on them. You have no clue how my excitement shot up on finding a TP camper. Do I sound cliched? The reason that clichés become clichés is that they are the hammers and screwdrivers in the toolbox of communication, well-worn yet spot-on.

There's a little story to my indulgence. I am extremely frothy and fluff-fah fah!

So, I am slightly reserved in my indulgences not to startle a rested member with my endless blather.

But, a TP fan is an exception! I would have tumbled and reached out to you in excitement had I known you existed in this corner !!!!! (five exclamation marks, the sure sign of a likely insane mind than a stuck typewriter)

In that unhinged blather, I would have patted your back:

Arey Ano, what a perspective TP narrated in MORT: “History isn't like that. History unravels gently, like an old sweater. It has been patched and darned many times, reknitted to suit different people, shoved in a box under the sink of censorship to be cut up for the dusters of propaganda, yet it always - eventually - manages to spring back into its old familar shape. History has a habit of changing the people who think they are changing it.”

If TP was a ghazal then all my sore-throated wah-wahs would have been dispensed on him. Ano, kya history kya habit kya change kya dialogue mara. Ano, are you listening. Hence my shout-out and pat-back are bespoken on kindred souls not too startled of my unreasonable chirp even on mundane retellings.

What can I say?
    “YOU FEAR TO DIE?
    "It's not that I don't want... I mean, I've always...it's just that life is a habit that's hard to break...”

So, Novalis is reborn every now and then.

...and open the hatch of the 'illuminated and ancient society of disc ladies' only to members with passcode: "The caged whale knows nothing of the mighty deeps."

Though we would be generous to admit flubbed members confusing "mighty" with "nightly".

Last edited: May 19, 2019
    Vaikuntha and ano like this.
  4. ano

ano Silver IL'ite

OOK!!:grinning:

5. Sweety2019

Sweety2019 Silver IL'ite

Thousand splendid suns by khaled hosseini

6. Jignesha

Jignesha New IL'ite

Currently, I'm reading Molly Moon's Incredible Book of Hypnotism, it is an amazing book to read. I must suggest you read this book. Orphan Molly Moon was found as a baby in a box marked 'Moon's Marshmallows'. For ten miserable years, she's lived under the cruel rule of Miss Adderstone in grim Hardwick House. I won't spoil the story but you should read this book once in your lifetime. I ordered this book from Bookpal which is an online book library in Gurgaon. I have subscribed their membership plan so, I can order the book on rent online anytime and they deliver timely at my doorstep.

7. Endlesshope

Endlesshope Platinum IL'ite

jananrems and Thyagarajan like this.
  8. Ramyarc

Ramyarc Silver IL'ite

Currently reading Something in the water by Catherine Steadman. Its a thriller plot of a young couple who went for a scuba diving trip to get a pouch of crystals and endanger themselves.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 8, 2019
  9. jananrems

jananrems New IL'ite

This Blinding Absence of Light novel by the Moroccan writer Tahar Ben Jelloun

10. Ramyarc

Ramyarc Silver IL'ite

Hello
    May i know why my post was edited?

Thanks
    Ramya