100 Days of Positivity

Discussion in 'Education & Personal Growth' started by Gauri03, Nov 22, 2015.

1. Gauri03

Gauri03 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

I keep a list of the books I read in my Bullet Journal. I have read 32 books so far this year. Quite a bit more than I'd read around this time in previous years. I've had to make a real effort to take time from my everyday grind to prioritize reading and I'm happy with that number. Many of these were audiobooks I heard during my commute. I'm not 100% sold on audiobooks yet, but the right book paired with the right narrator can sometimes be more enjoyable than actually reading the book.

2. girvani

girvani Platinum IL'ite

My husband is away on a work trip, so it's me and boys. We did our homework and had a wonderful time playing word trip:)

mangaii, kaniths, Gauri03 and 5 others like this.
  3. Sweety2016

Sweety2016 Gold IL'ite

Day 16: Enjoying my day at office with my nephew, the cutest boy I have ever known!!! He made me laugh, made me eat 3 ice creams at a stretch...It was his treat to me with the pocket money his mom gave him in the morning...

We chatted a lot on many things, had fist fights...am completely oblivious to my surroundings!!.. People have been giving a perplexed look at this otherwise serious, no nonsense, aloof girl of the institute!!!Am enjoying this attention. How I wish I could be this bubbly girl with everybody around...

mangaii, Giri12, girvani and 7 others like this.
  4. shravs3

shravs3 IL Hall of Fame

Day 41: Most awaiting day for Indian election results. Got up early to check the results and yay :banana::cheer:
    Lotus bloomed all over again :partyhat:

Yesterday night I was little worried if BJP would lose, so told my DH that there are so many Indians who are abroad and wish there was a provision for such people to vote. But after seeing the results I’m like :cool::banana:

Last edited: May 23, 2019
    mangaii, Sweety2016, Giri12 and 6 others like this.
  5. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

This Memorial weekend is entirely dedicated for a regional spiritual retreat at a different city. I am leaving tomorrow morning taking a day off from work and will be soaked in so much of devotional singing, stunning spiritual speeches, interesting workshops, special devotional music programs, etc. I am returning only on Monday and traveling with many members in the spiritual center in a van so that we can enjoy the ride as well. I have been looking forward to this time for a while. Interesting part is the entire program is sponsored and there is no cost for the retreat. Food is offered at $92 per person for 3 days and Hyatt gave a special discounted rate of $100 per night's stay.

mangaii, Sweety2016, Giri12 and 6 others like this.
  6. Paripoorna

Paripoorna Gold IL'ite

Day 46 : Today i could catch up with my close friends. Had a chat with two of them .

7. corrosion

corrosion Silver IL'ite

Day 4: Went to a park with a lake. It was fun.
    Day 5: More than a little late, but planted some seeds
    Day 6: A lovely rose bloomed in the garden
    Day 7: The day started with a song and dance to placate a little girl :)
    Day 8: All our appliances are breaking down, but maybe I will finally get a dishwasher that cleans and a fridge that doesn't scare kids with its noises.

mangaii, Sweety2016, Giri12 and 7 others like this.
  8. girvani

girvani Platinum IL'ite

A day started with taking some deep breaths before everything started. Longest and busiest day, felt like I didn't do enough from the work point but I kept my calm throughout the day and that was positive.

mangaii, Sweety2016, kaniths and 5 others like this.
  9. Novalis

Novalis Gold IL'ite

Just one of those days when I tend to get nostalgic on the unknown that lies in front of us at every crossroads. We don't know whom we chance next, their influence in our life, their intrigue upon us but when it happens, we are transformed inside-out with their finer taste and direction. I just feel nice of the acute decisions taken in my life to trust the unknown over the comforted foregone. Good-willed and compatible influences have the wattage to overhaul our mundane wherabouts. I use the word "overhaul" much in my utterances because if one of you had experienced that electrifying influence then such reckoning is not strange to you.

Last edited: May 24, 2019
    shravs3, mangaii, Sweety2016 and 6 others like this.
  10. shravs3

shravs3 IL Hall of Fame

Day 42: Tried a new recipe and it turned out great. Hubby loved it :hearteyes:

mangaii, Sweety2016, girvani and 5 others like this.