1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Reality Of Life

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by periamma, May 19, 2019.

1. periamma

periamma IL Hall of Fame

On May 10th my father’s cousin brother died due to failure of Multi organ function .He was 84 yrs.old and was bedridden for last one month .My sister called me and passed the message that he is not well and asked me to come and see .Next day I went to his house and was shocked to see him in such a critical condition. i can’t control my tears and cried loudly holding his right hand. His hands were shivering and he struggled a lot to breath .His eyes were closed I turned his chin to his right as I was sitting there and called “ Appa open your eyes and see me “and I was surprised to see Tears rolling down on his cheeks and his tongue moved a little but can’t speak as he was sinking .I can’t bear his sufferings and I prayed to God to take him to HIS lotus feet soon. Then my chithappa was lifted and held in a sitting position and at that time he opened his eyes and saw all of us and then closed his eyes slowly. we all chanted Rama Naama and finally his Athma left from the body and vanished in the horizon.

A Mother undergo a lot of suffering to give birth to a child and the same suffering is undergone by the mankind when they leave this world. Reality of life was taught by the close vicinity of Death.

i am not writing this snippet for sympathy but want to share the sufferings of Mankind at the end.

messedup and Thyagarajan like this.

2. Novalis

Novalis Gold IL'ite

Dear Periamma,

Dead overhaul the living. They incite the living to be mindful of their own mortality. Jeez! Time is ticking ..I'd better stop being the uptight twit and soak in giddy of feeling alive.

There would be many obituaries of our loved ones in our life time. Most of the isolated deaths pass upon us hurriedly in a ripple of grief in our inattentive hustle. But other deaths fixate us! We are stunned by the untimely mortality.

I feel, death prompts us to fix our own biding lives into mindful cheer.

It is too trite to reiterate what Richard Carlson urged in an introspective outreach that I happened to read: 'live your every day like the last day of your life'. Too corny with mounting bills, work anxiety, modern addictions, family conflicts for anyone to lead an ultimate day when they might as well be dead under the overwhelming activity.

Such reminders of morality don't remediate any of the said incursions. Yet, these deaths sting us to observe the silly-headed gestures of life -- call up an old friend, reach out foremost to reconcile with a friend, text someone - 'hey you, remember me', or even exchange sentiments of a shared experience with a friend - "I miss Kamalji's legacy."

The dead provide much hope to the living that they still have time to fancy an expressive and discoverable life.

The legacy of the dead is to knock on the living of the inescapable eventuality. Thereby, rather than the impossible living of every day as the last day we ought to live every day with sourced meaning and recognition of programmed reality.

Last edited: May 19, 2019
    goldenhoney87 and periamma like this.
  3. periamma

periamma IL Hall of Fame

@Novalis Thank you for reading my post and giving your POV .

4. iyerviji

iyerviji Finest Post Winner

Sorry to know. May his soul rest in peace and mayGod give courage to his family

periamma likes this.
  5. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

This reminded last moments of my dad. The post kindled many such memories of souls departing to source. The last act of my dad was to apply Palani siththanadhar vibudhi on forehead of my spouse & I with his lips quivering probably chanting Gayathri.
    Let your chitthapa’s soul rest in peace.

periamma likes this.
  6. jayasala42

jayasala42 IL Hall of Fame

It is sad to be near the patient at the time of last breath. I have seen my father,(96) mother(85) just leaving their mortal coil.We knew it was the last day. We saw them dying before our very eyes and nothing could be done to bring them back.One day, sooner or later, every one has to face this ordeal. Whether it is sudden or expected, whether one is highly philosophical or timid-has to face some death. In fact people who are normally very bold and give lectures on the inevitability of death etc are unable to control their emotions and people who are generally timid, face the situation with grit.Necessity endows them with the needed courage.
    in a big joint family of ours I have witnessed many deaths of great grand parents, thathas, uncles and some young cousins too.
    Jayasala 42

periamma likes this.
  7. periamma

periamma IL Hall of Fame

@iyerviji Thanks for your kind words

8. periamma

periamma IL Hall of Fame

@Thyagarajan Thanks sir.

9. periamma

periamma IL Hall of Fame

@jayasala42 "Necessity endows them with the needed courage."very true .when lying on the bed i think of the people who left for abode.Not only my family members and also the people who were my neighbours in my parental house too .

Thyagarajan likes this.
  10. saileela85

saileela85 Bronze IL'ite

May his soul rest in peace

periamma likes this.