1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

What A Lovely Way To End The Day!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Srama, May 15, 2019.

1. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Dear Vani @girvani

You are so sweet, you know! These words of appreciation from you and responses I get make my day.

You are a wonderful mom and you always know the right thing.
    Thank you for assuring me :) You know at school I am known as a strict teacher. While everyone is apparently scared of me my students like me a lot or so I am told. Anyways the reason I am writing about that is I have always believed in balancing the praise and criticism and more importantly what has worked for me is setting expectations - it is amazing how kids go beyond if we just show them. I love working with children, they make my days lovely and despite some tough days, I have never thankfully ended my work day with a "Thank goodness this day is over!" I always have had the luxury of pulling my class door shut behind me with a smile.

Thank you for your reassuring feedback Vani! Love to you and your boys.

2. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Dear Meenu! @Scorpio707

I don't know what connection we have but let me tell you how glad I am for that! You are always there my friend, and you always know when I write. How? Doesn't matter! I love that bond we share!
    You can resonate with what I write is because of the bond we share and of course that love we share for Mr.Bach ;-) We think alike perhaps.

Just yesterday to encourage, I was telling a student of mine who writes only in phrases that he is miserly with his words. He has lovely heart that reflects in his eyes, looks at me seriously and goes but what is being miserly and after I explained, he tries to write more and shows me his with a "There, I tried to be generous for you!" I am writing about this kid because when I read you I always feel you are so generous with your words and express your feelings so well - in responses to others and in your poetry I love the way you can express so well. I hope I have told you that the only poetry I read is what is written by you!

Ps: I loved the way you said " and declarations you make" :) - I feel like a child and a grown up at the same time!

Scorpio707 likes this.
  3. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Thank you JS ma'm @jayasala42 for your feedback. Some days when I get to know the back ground of a child's day or life, I am shaken but then when I watch the learn, laugh and play, they teach me the valuable lesson of acceptance and moving on. I try hard to do my best in their 'moving on phase' hoping to make a positive impact. Just as I wrote this snippet, a what's app video was forwarded and here's a similar video This Kindergarten Teacher Let's Every Child Pick Their Good Morning Greeting And It's So Flippin' Adorable and I tear up! My respect for teachers only goes up! What a lovely way to start the day. I have been fortunate to meet many such lovely teachers in my life - both as colleagues and as teachers to my own kids!

4. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Dear Lakshmi, @jskls

Thank you for your feedback and your lovely words! Living in the world of children is a blessing that I have some how received and I am grateful for it!