1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Urgent::::pls Solve This Dilemma !!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by cur123, May 17, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Agree. Sometimes we don't realize how good things are until we don't have them.

Agree. Except you got A and B mixed up perhaps. : )

We don't know how much choice B has/had about living in the joint-family. We don't know how much of the baby-shower is happening like she wants it. Maybe she is just a little private by nature, and over time, others who are more social formed a "group". I feel sorry for a woman whose parents talk like that about her (lived far away in hostel, so her nature is ... what can we do...).

periamma, Archanaanchan and Amica like this.
  2. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Keep it simple? Is the baby shower carried out for a healthy baby (both mental and physical) or not? Is it not necessary for everyone to wish her with good heart? How artificial it would be to just satisfy everyone by the presence with bad feeling.

I remember my relatives telling me that my sister-in-law announced in her daughter's wedding that only people with good heart bless her with rituals of the marriage function and most who visited the wedding stayed away except her own family members. I was not invited with my family and I didn't go.

If I were B, I would rather not go and wish her well than be there and think bad about her and her baby shower function. That is me.

friendabc, SinghManisha and Amica like this.
  3. Greenbay

Greenbay Gold IL'ite

Are both IDs same? All caps and name calling and misspelling COMMENTERS and threatening to report?
    What abuse I did and why I need to be reported?
    Or is this the case of pot calling kettle black?
    And respected poster like @Viswamitra sees this abuse but goes on like nothing happened?

4. Amica

Amica IL Hall of Fame

What is right and what is expedient are often very different things. And the choice between the two has nothing to do with gender.

@cur123, you've received many suggestions here and many paths to choose from. Here's one more:

You have things pretty good the way they are. The ILs are far away, they are well taken care of, and they are also happy with you. Why rock the boat? Sure, the MIL is probably manipulating both sons and DILs to maintain appearances; but so what? You still have a good deal, no?

The house belongs to your PILs. They are also the hosts for this function. They've invited you. Why give your SIL the power to keep you away from a home where you have every right to be?

Go early, be cheerful, help MIL with preparations, be the good DIL. Greet all visiting relatives with warmth and a big smile/hug and take good care of your guests. Be the perfect junior-hostess, hard-working MIL-assistant, loving DIL of the family. Visitors will draw their own conclusions; that can't be helped.

Be solicitous and kind to your SIL. See to her welfare — "want the A/C turned up? need water? want to eat a laddu?" — regardless of her rude responses. Be nice.

Your MIL is good to you; be good to her. Do your part to help her present a united front as a family.

As for SIL ... it's not her house, she's not the hostess, you don't need her invite to your family function.

Anusha2917 and Archanaanchan like this.
  5. Archanaanchan

Archanaanchan IL Hall of Fame

Amics... :hearteyes::hearteyes::hearteyes::hearteyes:

Amica likes this.
  6. Amica

Amica IL Hall of Fame

Why did she avoid you in particular? There seems to be some history here.

7. Viswamitra

@Greenbay,

I am against all verbal abuses by anyone whether it is from men or women in IL. Particularly, name calling when someone is not here to defend herself is outright wrong. But I am not a moderator to enforce that discipline and I can only practice being polite myself and wherever possible, if anyone listens, say the forum etiquette gently.

8. Viswamitra

In this particular thread, some important information is missing:

1) Who is the wife of elder brother A or B?
    2) Whether parents of A and B are invited?
    3) What is the reason for A not talking to FIL, BIL and SIL?

9. Sunshine04

Sunshine04 Platinum IL'ite

A

Viswamitra likes this.
  10. friendabc

friendabc Silver IL'ite

she avoids everyone, cur mentioned that

cur123 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.