100 Days of Positivity

Discussion in 'Education & Personal Growth' started by Gauri03, Nov 22, 2015.

1. saileela85

saileela85 Bronze IL'ite

For me it was my husband got his first order for the day in sales

mangaii, Paripoorna, Gauri03 and 5 others like this.
  2. Sweety2016

Sweety2016 Gold IL'ite

Day 9: For the first time after several months, I looked deeply into my husband's face. It looked so tired, his eyes were sullen and he suddenly seemed to have aged at a faster pace. In the past, I was so angry on him and was filled with resentment as to why I got married to this guy due to MIL. I never really cared much for him. He too had office pressures and other day to day nuisances but not once did he even mention it nor show it in any of his words or actions. He was patient with me and my tantrums and motivated me every single day! More than a father, husband, son, brother and many other roles he is bombarded with, I forgot to acknowledge the human , the soul inside him...

Today I made him sit down and applied my compact powder to brighten his dull face and caressed his grey hair. Tears started flowing from his eyes...I wiped it off and held his rough hands tight..We sat in silence for a few more minutes and that was golden!

Giri12, mangaii, DDream and 13 others like this.
  3. girvani

girvani Platinum IL'ite

Beautiful sunny day, ES got into trouble by being there in the play area when some boys were fighting. He was so worried that I would be upset. We spoke, we discuss what we should do in those circumstances and he was very happy that I didn't get upset. Seeing a relief in his face made my day.

mangaii, Paripoorna, Gauri03 and 6 others like this.
  4. kaniths

kaniths IL Hall of Fame

summerz.jpg

I enjoy such moments too. Summer will peak in a few weeks and sweaty by 7 am too. :sweat: So taking in all the morning warmth as much and as long I can. Feels nice. :relaxed:

mangaii, radv, girvani and 7 others like this.
  5. Sweety2016

Sweety2016 Gold IL'ite

Day 10: Thanked god for staying alive this very moment!

mangaii, Gauri03, Viswamitra and 4 others like this.
  6. girvani

girvani Platinum IL'ite

Learned a new software, COSMOL, Multiphysics model. I am just inspired by how technology is growing faster and faster day by day.

Giri12, Sweety2016, mangaii and 3 others like this.
  7. Viswamitra

Viswamitra IL Hall of Fame

Sharpening the pencil

During my visit to India, I met multiple practicing Chartered Accounting firms to determine long term capital gains tax on the share of property that I have inherited from my parents. My brother being an Indian got away with Tax deduction at source but me being a US citizen, the buyer deducted 24.92% tax from the total consideration paid. Unfortunately, the transaction happened in April 2019 and hence everyone advised me that refund, if any, can happen only in the year 2020-2021 after the tax return is filed. But everyone said the long-term tax liability is 20% and the balance will be refunded, and if I buy another house in 2 years from the date of transaction or construct a house within 3 years, all TDS will be refunded.

I got disappointed with the first CA firm and hence went to the second. I met a CA who was 82 years old and he read all the documents and told me that you inherited the property only in 2018 after your mother's death as per your dad's will. My father died in 1987. Everyone was calculating tax assuming a base cost as of April 1, 2001 assuming the property was inherited in 1987, as per the Income Tax Act.

I am being a person who has not forgotten all the tax laws as yet and with a little bit of knowledge on laws relating to transfer of titles, questioned them two days back, if the property was inherited in 2018 and sold in 2018, where is the question of capital gains? Hence, all the Tax deducted at source should be refunded with no obligation to buy another house. Now everyone is breaking the head and trying to find out the answer. Sometimes, the time in your hands help you to come up with some creative questions. Irrespective of what the answer is, I am happy that I made a few practicing CAs to think differently.

Last edited: May 16, 2019
  8. Gauri03

Gauri03 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Yesterday seemed like a special day. The kind of day to make a wish or start something new. It was the rain I think. To me rain always seemed like a benediction from the heavens, and May showers being rarer than a blue moon where I live, made the day seem full of exaggerated promise. Came back from work and took doggy for a walk in the cool, breezy drizzle. Early dinner and little ones in bed. Felt the urge to create. Stayed up late working on a personal project that had been stuck in the conceptual stage.

girvani, kaniths, Sweety2016 and 6 others like this.
  9. Gauri03

Gauri03 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Missing some friends here. @Paripoorna @shravs3 Hope this is a temporary hiatus and not a permanent disenchantment. Do post as and when you can.

10. Paripoorna

Paripoorna Gold IL'ite

Day 41: Last two weeks has been a hectic schedule. I have made some changes to my routine. Dedicating 45 mins for my walk.
    I am seeing the changes myself.

girvani, kaniths, Sweety2016 and 5 others like this.