1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Requiem

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by satchitananda, May 9, 2019.

1. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

LOL. I am guilty of not making my OP too clear. That's what comes of mixing too many elements together. The main point gets lost. Well, let me clear it up now. I used the film songs as an example of the changing times. The actual point as I have mentioned in later posts is how men generally have lost the art of communicating with strange women.

Talking to a strange woman in person has its advantages. One can have a rough idea of whether one can hope to form woo them based on age, type and even whether one wants to strike up a conversation at all! In case one wants to, a 'hi' would be fine. Even so 'how are you doing today' would be totally out of place. Overfamiliarity from the word 'go'.

Talking to a person from another culture whose name is the only info you have, you have no idea of whether the person is a male and female and you try your luck ..... well, it can only lead to ridiculous situations.

What happened to general conversations like the weather, in this case, the game being played etc. to get more info? Striking up a conversation with a stranger is an art. One needs to learn it young. In these cases, where the purpose of the conversation is made so evident, striking up a conversation needs to be honed to a fine art.

Thyagarajan and Afresh like this.
  2. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

Unacquainted women.
    "Strange woman" has an uncomplimentary connotation in the western world, likely derived from The Bible.

3. satchitananda

OK. I stand corrected. :)

4. Afresh

Afresh Gold IL'ite

So so agree to this!
    Haven't we always seen that so called 'Brainier woman' do have great conversation / humour as one of the points on their dream date list ;)

satchitananda likes this.
  5. satchitananda

True, Afresh. Great conversation and humour are certainly a great incentive to get to know a person. Over familiarity in the first instance, however, is a major turn off. Yuck!!!

Afresh likes this.
  6. Afresh

Afresh Gold IL'ite

Agreed!!
    You know what i think; now with years of exposure to ways of charm, people or guys in particular, try and emulate the heart throbs of women in films, without understanding the essence of that charm ---- 'Originality' , and end up being inthe cheap category;
    Not that all of them ever become aware of this also... good for them... ;)!! but it would be better if thet ever realise it ;)

7. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

What !!? There is equal argument to be made to "tone it down" and not scare off the hunk who had come to talk, but got a little lost. I am a bit worried that girls chase off good prospects, because the initial interaction was a wee bit weird. There are such a lot of bad instruction manuals out there, and besides the teachers on the streets (to get streetwise) are not necessarily licensed.

8. satchitananda

I am sure that happens. But when one's life probably depends on it (as in the case of Indian context), I could not blame the women for being extra cautious. Better safe than sorry!

9. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

Ah..yes. I remember Bangalore New Years Day a couple of years ago. It can get downright dangerous. That is a different kettle of fish compared to the PM's on internet forums.

10. satchitananda

Very true. Online may not be 'dangerous'. But look at it from the point of view of young men who are looking for GFs, partners, potential spouses. Over familiarity at first instance - even online - could be turn an opportunity to a no-deal.

Though to be completely fair, maybe girls today are also very different from what they were a generation ago.