1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Need Your Advice On This

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Rose03, May 9, 2019.

1. Rose03

Rose03 Senior IL'ite

Hi ,

I had posted long about my married life. now recently my husband hit me very badly and had eyes swollen very badly and heavily bleeding from the nostrils and I immediately rushed to hospital and all it happened around 11 pm and my daughter was crying very badly seeing blood all around the room and bathroom.

I took the picture of my face immediately ( because my husband always recorded whenever we had a fight which I realized later and felt very bad that how husbands can record when the fights are common between the couple) , this fight also silly issue which clearly shows who is important in his life.

and then I was low for some period and doctor asked me to consult psychiatrist for counseling and brought this to his attention and he said nothing and will fix up and all.. basically he never cared about responsibilities a husband and father , he knows I am working and will take care of all. which i told to his parents when they were here and they were super manipulative people and behaved as if it is not their job to do.. because we are boys side we can do whatever we want.

all his family members are constant touch with him , if he wants to do anything he will plan with them and implement on me. as in , they all discuss before you say this to her and i say this , something like that. he never treated me as a wife.. since the beginning of the marriage , he also confessed once saying we have been brought up in a way we are boys we can do whatever want.. he was secondary 2 failed and i was the bright computer science graduate. which we did not know before the marriage and only got to know after the marriage. we were devastated.
    my mother is a single parent and we are 3 girls . they always demanded and tortured us for everything although they are from poor financial background. and they know we are rich and made use of the situation ( i was eldest girl , my mother was in rush) . no one is dare to ask them .. he tortured me and beat me not even thinking i was pregnant. and being unfaithful . I did not know wht to do.. the way i was brought up was , being girls always bend and go and adjust..

their family is not like that, her younger is love marriage and her husband is pappu guy who keeps nodding for whatever she says.. they tried to do same with me and i return it by saying i stay with justice always... fast forward now my kid is growing and going to school . all the expenses of my daughter and myself home , i bear it... he does small part and rest I dont know .

always used to ask god , wish we had powers( In india, with power anything can be controlled, when we get in touch with this kinda people) so that they would get scared and dont do like this to girls.. where my mom is silent and obey for everything thinking we are girl side.

recently we had a fight like described above and I went to the police station , they said ( stay abroad) , by looking the photos he will be arrested and can never come back..

to me I am thinking of going this, so that they stop playing with people and other families.

Last edited: May 9, 2019

2. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

Op.....what is the use of coming from an educated rich family ,if the mother of this family keeps marrying her educated ,employed daughters to losers from her caste without verification ....just for the sake of society.

At least his mother let her daughter marry the man of her choice who keeps her happy.

Education is of no use if you don't use it and only do for the sake of society.

So please stop writing about the difference between families.
    They are atleast looking at the interest of their own children ...unlike your family who cares more for society.

Regarding the violence.....it is totally disgusting .
    Why are you still with him?You should have left him the first time he raised his hand.

You can use the evidence against him ...but think carefully about the recordings he has made of you.
    Is there anything in those that can land you in jail .

He has been recording your angry outbursts for years now.There must have been some reason for that.

Check the local laws for that .Some countries have very strict laws. Be sure before you do anything because you have a child that needs to be looked after.

Why not sit with him and discuss the evidence both of you have?
    Show him your pics,( save them somewhere first) .
    See how he reacts .

Best would be for you both sit and work towards mutual divorce responsibly keeping your child in mind.

Best wishes op...
    Hope things work out for you .

SinghManisha, Dhamini and NeetaR like this.
  3. DDream

DDream Finest Post Winner

Being alive is more important than being married. You kid needs you more than anything else.

The problem is between you two. So you need to figure it out. What you want? You are educated, employed , financially independent and do you want to end up in more abuse like this. I cannot suggest anyone to live with an abuser. Its not good for you or your kid. Whatever may the reasons for your fight, if you don't want to be in this marriage, I think its better to talk to him and go for a mutual divorce. Even if you are separated you both can be good parents to your dd.

If you want to be in this marriage, as his family is not supportive of you, police case can elevate issues to next level. Also make sure what is in his records (is there anything serious against you). If you stay, you are teaching your dd, its good to tolerate physical abuse and suffer like this . Whatever may be the reason, he has no right to harm you.

Ideally in an abusive case like this, make an exit plan, collect all evidence (these photos, visits to doctor, counselor etc are evidence I think) , file police case and get out of the marriage are the steps. May be this case itself can force him for mutual divorce. But think really well, be practical, consult a lawyer, explore and then take decision. If he is not ready to talk, your lawyer can talk to him.

If I were in your position I will not stay with an abuser even for a minute, I will call 911 (in USA) and get him out of the house (yes its possible legally in this case) and from my life forever.

Where ever you are, that country will have help line numbers to assist victims of domestic violence. Explore it.

Last edited: May 9, 2019
  4. ramya8085

ramya8085 Bronze IL'ite

hello, i am very surprised with this post.

i am in no manner mocking you. but just google section 498a in india - false cases. you will get 100s of pages how men good men are put in jail for false reports. even innocents kids are put just because they were linked to the man side of the family.

and here you are just bearing violence over violence. and writing long paragraphs.

you are clearly smart enough to find Indusladies website, register and POST.

use the same IT knowledge to collect information and file police report and safe custody

what is stopping you from filing a FIR ( if you are in india) . leave the house and go to a safe place and do not stop till he and his family is punished and file for divorce.

what makes you think he will soften after some years.

and finally who are you worried about, neighbors , societly. you should only worry about yourself and your child and parents if any.

5. senorita2019

senorita2019 Gold IL'ite

I would have called the police and filed a complaint. Period.
    I respect myself and love myself first. Only after that I think of others. If you are bruised and battered inside and out then you cant really be there for anyone.
    Dont be scared of what is going to happen to him, the law will take its course and do the needful. If he is deported then thats what he deserves. You are employed and still taking this abuse ? what does that say for women who are uneducated and unemployed.

Beating someone so badly its not acceptable at any cost.

SinghManisha and KashmirFlower like this.
  6. jyotiparab

jyotiparab Silver IL'ite

OP...First of all why are staying is such an abusive marriage?
    you are well educated ..just move out...you are independent and raise your daughter without any fear or anxiety ...

SinghManisha likes this.
  7. Rose03

Rose03 Senior IL'ite

thanks ladies for your replies..
    i am going to explore more options available. we family thinking of calling all their family members giving them an options just like how bride and groom families talk before the marriage " like what properties he has and what he is going to give" , I really thinking of keeping our expectations , if they agree to our things will go otherwise will divorce.

I really do not expect him to buy a new car for his sister where they already have it, when we dont have car here and think twice to spend money for us.. he is such kinda guy..

and I cant expect my mother in law who is aged and just like spend money lavishly thinking his son is going to send when we have financial problem.

I also think , cant we ask husband how much they send to their family members, are they supposed to take care of their unmarried elder sister who is also working.. or is not she responsible of talking care of her parents when shes is staying with them ?

Last edited: May 10, 2019
  8. Rose03

Rose03 Senior IL'ite

my mother brought up was very conventional and so she followed and never dared to go against it. I think i have break that , if i follow then my daughter will also follow the same.it will be a cycle some body should disconnect the link.

9. Rose03

Rose03 Senior IL'ite

Thanks ramya , I was not aware of that section . thanks for sharing..

10. lavani

lavani Platinum IL'ite

conventional is all good. wife does the cooking, house management , kids. husband does the money making.

but physical and mental abuse is not conventional. never will be.

nothing can change, unless you move on and take action to safeguard yourself.

SinghManisha likes this.