What Motivates People To Join Il & What Forces Them To Leave?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by kcb, May 6, 2019.

1. kcb

kcb IL Hall of Fame

Great explanation. What more anyone can expect Viswa sir. As usual your reply is so balanced, very explanatory and highly valuable.

I totally agree with you :worship2::worship2::worship2:

Viswamitra likes this.
  2. kcb

kcb IL Hall of Fame

So true, I agree with you. IL is like a bonus to our day to day real life. Coming here is always a relaxation to me. IL gave me an opportunity to meet great personalities and very good people here.

3. kcb

kcb IL Hall of Fame

Golden words....you never say anything wrong vijji maa.

Happy Mother's day!!!

iyerviji likes this.
  4. kcb

kcb IL Hall of Fame

No, not at all. I do not agree with you. Judges are not the problem here, not taking things positively is the problem and not able to see the effort and hard work of judges is the main problem.

Sitting in the judges seat is not so easy. We should understand judges are doing this job out of courtesy and helping the site to make it more interactive, they are investing their valuable time into this whereas we all come here very relaxing just to read and post our comments. Lot of thinking and brain storming involves in deciding a winner.

'A' feels bad if judge announces 'B' as the winner, then next month 'C' will feel bad if 'D' is the winner. There is no end to this. Judges can't make everyone happy and it is not their job to make everyone happy here and it is not their duty to give explanations to everyone.

IMO we should respect their hard work and the time they are investing into this.

Last edited: May 9, 2019
  5. kcb

kcb IL Hall of Fame

Very well said Thyagarajan sir. Your posts always mesmerizes me and shows how knowledgeable you are.

Yes, I totally agree with you. IL is a great innovation and a great platform. Many people come here to vent out their problems and feel relieved and get solutions to their problems. We look for people to share of our problems in difficult times, but in this busy world it may not be always possible to find someone on right time to listen to us. IL is always available 24/7 to everyone to come and share their pain. What else needed? What else we can expect?

Great job & thanks to each and everyone who is behind IL and to all those who are investing their valuable time to make IL more attractive.

6. SinghManisha

SinghManisha Platinum IL'ite

I am here on IL to mostly vent when real life gets a little tough. I remember only one unpleasant experience here where a harmless quote was taken out of context and given religious undertones. The underlying message got lost in the process but my solution was to not indulge with this member anymore.
    I don’t think I would leave because my posts were not nominated as being the finest.

7. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

Don't worry about having to respond. Chill and have a happy real life.

Most hilarious scenes of sit'com's happen when the dead person attends his own funeral service. Many serials have used this device. For example, here is one from "My Hero":

A quick backgrounder: Thermoman, a superhero from the planet Ultron, lives on the earth in a suburban house, runs a local healthfood store, and is married to a nurse, Janet Dawkins, who is working in the clinic of a Dr.Piers, who is besotted with this nurse Janet. Another older nurse, Mrs. Raven, in the same clinic is an ameteur hypnotherapist...

One of our forum's members who is studying up on DMT will now wonder if death from a virtual forum would cause virtual DMT generation in the brain, and go on to give a psychedelic dream like experience when one could "find their real selves". This could be a very useful thing, indeed. Perhaps this could be a reason why people leave the forum--to have a small dose of the spirit chemical, without having to really kick any buckets.

Last edited: May 9, 2019
    Thyagarajan likes this.
  8. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

Linking EXIT irrespective of temporary or permanent nature, to production of psychedelic at birth or while kicking the bucket to present moment of analysis in virtual word is funtastic. Some ghosts return to the pavilion and dance excessively could be attributed to excess production of DMT molecule as it kicked the bucket from its mortal coil!!!
    God is not associated with Ghosts.

9. rgz

rgz Gold IL'ite

It is not an easy job, and often a thankless job to be a 'judge'.
    Thank you and for the effort to read through so many nominations every week, month after month!
    @Cheeniya @satchitananda
    Great points by @Viswamitra in this thread

Afresh and satchitananda like this.
  10. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame