What Motivates People To Join Il & What Forces Them To Leave?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by kcb, May 6, 2019.

1. Anusha2917

Anusha2917 IL Hall of Fame

Geeta is also a part of the family. What makes anyone think she's an outsider or not a part of the family ? Why would judges think she's not a family and people who won are family ?
    Once a member joins here ,whether they contribute or not contribute ,win or not they are part of family ..

2. rgz

rgz Gold IL'ite

Agreed with you Malstrom

Thyagarajan likes this.
  3. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

I have been here since 2007 and I am very attached to this site, feel it is my second family.

We should be grateful to @Jey and @malathy for this wonderful site. They have brought us all together from different parts of the world. Through this site we have learnt so much from everyone. If anyone has any problem in my opinion they should sort out with that person. As a matured person we should forgive and forget. Sometimes people are tend to make mistakes, if they come to know they will be careful next time.

We had great writers here always , some stayed for a week and some for long.Everyone here has a family and in their free time they come to enjoy here. Few days back only @satchitananda had written Hum Hum Saath Saath and everyone had given good feedback there. By giving her support we should prove that hum hum Saath hai.

@Cheeniya Sir and @satchiare doing a great job. Both are having health problem but still they come here and post.

Earlier I used to post everyday not thinking of others and when I was told I wrote less and understood that I should give a chance to others also. I used to be very happy when my post was nominated and n more happy when I got the award.

Today is Mother's day and I wish everyone Happy Mother's day. Let us be Saath Saath and keep this family happy

I am sorry if I have written anything wrong.

Last edited: May 8, 2019
    kcb, Thyagarajan, Viswamitra and 4 others like this.
  4. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Thanks a lot for the lovely mail, vijima! I do hope sanity will return to this forum very soon.

5. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello:I am with you for this quote @kcb. That must be the goal of every member - winning ribbon (not to be called as a prize) title is though a visible recognition .we remember people who did good or bad to us and known for their deeds. Similarly followers would remember and look for posts of them here.
    2. More water had gone under the TITLE BRIDGE & the when the system geared up the question of some one leaving because of “hurt” here in future may not arise.
    3. Among contributors there could be young ones still wet behind the ears. But with exposure and daily visits, there morale gets boosted up and they would in turn confident writing best of their anecdotes, issues, problems domestic mundane etc.
    4. With existing fora , for every kind of activity catering to numerous needs under various categories, IL bound to attract huge followers by accident or by word of mouth. If someone imagines, there could be huge exodus from IL, IT WOULD BE ONLY IN THEIR REVERIE.
    5. Senior most fellow IL’ite @iyerviji had blessed already that IL will be active in our next incarnation too.
    6. It was sheer accident and luck that I got into this IL a year before and now stand hooked to it. I was googling for a good image of family tutelary deity, when I not only got what I was searching for but a beautiful travel notes written by an IL member then . He in his blog, introduced himself first as a devotee of Lord Swaminathan Swami of Swami malai - Kumbakonam of south India and green cardholder in USA.
    7. Please note initially, I never knew anything about ribbon or terms and conditions though I signed in. I happened to, around that time, writing Anecdotes in CHICKEN SOUP FOR INDIAN SOULS series & news paper articles in leading English dailies. Intoxicated with IL, I HARDLY write to those papers now.
    8. IT IS A SITE FOR LADIES BUT WHAT I AM DOING HERE?
    Question upper most in minds of my own people & friends. I told them it is for family and a mine of useful information, exchange of views on various matters social financial, cameraderie etc. Few friends and my own family members and relatives browsed; and their delight evident from the way they expressed their happiness and thanks to me.
    9. I thank the founders for their vision & foresight to design its architecture, construct, to have a website catering to and enabling networking Indians scattered all over the globe. A decade plus - it is growing from strength to strength with its wings spanning across the globe.
    10. Regarding members leaving:
    Many had left in the past not because IL had hurt them. They had left probably their purpose achieved, increased family responsibilities, physical disability, poor vision, and such other reasons. Few had left because they violated the IL rules. Some might be disgruntled and it could be genuine but for that it may not be not be proper to hold a certain individuals responsible. If one brick is lose, whole edifice need not be demolished or declared dilapidated.
    11. I was pained to read so much for an hour the “tussle” ripping the Awards and ribbons. But my sadness diminished and feel glad that members united to strengthen their bonds with INDESTRUCTIBLE IL my sincere thanks to OP, other members including @satchitananda , @Cheeniya sir, founder members Madam Sister Malathy @Induslady & @Jey
    Thanks and Regards.

GOD EVER BUSY TO CONSTRUCT,DEMOLISH, RE ENGINEER THE UNIVERSE.

Last edited: May 8, 2019
    Neelaa, kcb, Viswamitra and 1 other person like this.
  6. Thyagarajan

@satchitananda @Viswamitra
    Due to inadvertence, unfinished FB posted. It is noted a while ago and stand edited. I Apologise for inconvenience.
    Thanks and Regards.
    God in His scheme of things allows wide tolerance.

satchitananda and Viswamitra like this.
  7. Thyagarajan

:hello:But i wonder why your line at foot of the post is not matching with present moment.
    Train your mind to see something good in everything"
    Thanks& Regards.

kcb and satchitananda like this.
  8. Thyagarajan

:hello:KUDOS TO YOU .
    In few mighty strong words you said it ALL.

GOD in His scheme of things none is indispensable.

9. Mistt

Mistt IL Hall of Fame

Yes, I always train/feed my mind to see something good in everything but there is a limit for that too and I follow my heart more than my mind. Hope I cleared and one more request please don't quote my post again because I won't be here to give reply to your comments.

Thyagarajan likes this.
  10. Thyagarajan

:hello:If luck favours you would see my final response:
    That means heart is to be trained when there is no ...
    Thanks and Regards?
    God bless.