100 Days of Positivity

Discussion in 'Education & Personal Growth' started by Gauri03, Nov 22, 2015.

1. Paripoorna

Paripoorna Gold IL'ite

Day 38 : Parents had a list of tasks for me. Completed them today and happy to see the smile on their face.

jskls, Sweety2016, Gauri03 and 4 others like this.
  2. shravs3

shravs3 IL Hall of Fame

Day 30: After a long time went to gym. Hopefully will continue this

jskls, kaniths, Paripoorna and 3 others like this.
  3. girvani

girvani Platinum IL'ite

It was a very tough day, emotionally. This Ph.D. can drain you and I felt that nobody understands me about what I am going through and all the financial stresses are on my husband until I go back to work. I am thinking what was the positivity of the day, I realized that all four of us are being healthy and alive is the best positivity anybody can get every day. I am humbled and thankful.

cheenu123, jskls, kaniths and 7 others like this.
  4. Sweety2016

Sweety2016 Gold IL'ite

After nearly 3 years, then as sweety127 and now as sweety 2016, I will once again resume posting in this wonderful thoughtful thread.

Day 2: Browsed through my day 1 post and felt elated to have that cute little blessing in my hand right now.
    My sunshine, my ray of hope, my joy and my everything..Love you J.....

"Day 1: I am pregnant and completely sick with nausea headspins and mood swings...Went to my first scan loaded with negativity all alone..What if its ectopic pregnancy, what if only the yolk sac is present all junk loaded into my head from internet...As soon as my doc started testing, the little one never gave me a chance to feel upset..Doctor exclaimed,'Hey see your baby's heart. Its pounding at a healthy rate'. I saw that small heart beating as if telling me mama dont worry am all fine..and all I could do is thank god wholeheartedly.."

Anusha2917, jskls, kaniths and 5 others like this.
  5. Sweety2016

Sweety2016 Gold IL'ite

Day 3: MIL, SIL, her children have all come to stay with us...With interviews next week and busy assignments at work, I am full.I am so thankful and my heart is filled with gratitude for my dear cook Ms. R....and my maid (I hate to say this word) Ms. G......for their support. They without a frown and with a smile in this hot scorching summer have been doing their work without complaining. Though I pay them liberally money cant buy everything. They have become like a family for me.

P.S: I have taken a vow to gift them (special gift to celebrate my happiness) with washing machine and a big water tank if I get admissions at IIT. Thinking about this part alone is making me smile.

Anusha2917, jskls, Gauri03 and 4 others like this.
  6. girvani

girvani Platinum IL'ite

Bank day holiday, only for schools. I worked from home to look after mine and the other two. It was chaos but they all had fun. I was exhausted at the end of the day but I indeed have a productive day from a research point of view. So all good.

Anusha2917, Sweety2016, jskls and 4 others like this.
  7. Paripoorna

Paripoorna Gold IL'ite

Day 39 : Early morning walk in the park is very nice. Have this privilege for next 15 days as its holidays for my kid.

Giri12, Anusha2917, girvani and 4 others like this.
  8. Gauri03

Gauri03 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Had a rare new requisition opened up for my group: an undergraduate summer intern. I was not keen on it but boss needs it so, and so it shall be. Undergrad interns are not the most productive team members as anybody can guess. They know next to nothing and need enormous amounts of hand holding. Interviewed two starry-eyed bright young things today. It was so refreshing listening to them talk about what they expected from the experience. Took all I had to suppress my indulgent smiles at their earnest, idealistic and often well-memorized answers. Reminded me of the good old days of writing grandiose cover letters to accompany the resumes -- "I will be an asset to your organization". :facepalm::D I think I'm going to enjoy this. : )

9. jskls

jskls IL Hall of Fame

Icecream party in acknowledging my work and moving dept. though was able to join virtually only still felt good for the recognition

10. Sweety2016

Sweety2016 Gold IL'ite

Day 4: Went for a walk after a long time. What made it so refreshing was holding two cute little kids on either hands and strolling down the lanes talking some random things..