1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Mysterious Hair Loss

Discussion in 'Hair Care & Hair Styles' started by Emarald, Feb 21, 2019.

1. Acctgirl83

Acctgirl83 New IL'ite

Please share messages on the forum as it may help others too.

2. virtualkv2020

virtualkv2020 Platinum IL'ite

I just asked her to share her diet and lifestyle routine as it would be easier to pinpoint out any mistakes from her side and rectify.Based on her response I just poured in a few suggestions in her diet and hair care routine.You can find all my posts on hair care on this website.

3. Emarald

Emarald Silver IL'ite

Thank u meena to take time and give advice. I am applying coconut oil mixed with castor oil and then applying iodine only where I have bald patch. Now I m getting itching in that area. Is it normal?

4. virtualkv2020

Yes direct application of iodine on scalp can cause irritation.It is recommended to mix 1 tsp of lugols iodine with some sesame oil or mix 1:1 ratio of castor oil & de colorized/white iodine in small amounts.Apply this mixture all over the scalp and massage gently in a circular motion with your finger tips,leave overnight and wash.For best results,you can steam your scalp by wrapping it with a hot towel for 30 mins before washing with an infusion of reeta or soapwort.

Alternatively,you can dilute little white iodine in 2 tbsp of water before applying twice a day on areas that have lost all hair.Make sure to gently massage it into your scalp to ensure maximum absorption.

You can try one of these or white iodine from your local pharmacy.
    Amazon.com: Carlyle Lugols Iodine 2 Percent 2 fl oz Twin Pack | Potassium Iodide and Iodine Solution 2% Liquid Drops: Health & Personal Care

Amazon.com: J.CROW'S® Lugol's Solution of Iodine 2% 2oz: Health & Personal Care

Last edited: Mar 23, 2019
  5. Emarald

Emarald Silver IL'ite

Can i apply drop of iodine directly to scalp on bald patches? It's not irritating so far, also no need to wash. I noticed when I put oil overnight and wash next day I loose too much hair in shower. But if I wash without oiling very less hair loss
    Fyi I have been using minoxidil for years, no benefit yet

6. virtualkv2020

Oiling does not cause hair loss.There are several factors that weakens the hair roots leading to hair fall such as stress,lack of balanced diet,vitamin and mineral deficiencies,hormonal issues,rough massaging,using hot water for head bath,using hair dryers and other styling tools,using chemical shampoos,dyes and conditioners.When you massage with/without oil the weak hair sheds.Gentle massage is always good as it increases the blood circulation to the scalp which eventually promotes hair growth.Every time a person switches to a different hair oil,he/she will experience some amount of hair fall during the initial stages until the scalp gets used to that oil.That is why it is always recommended to not switch between different hair oils frequently and to stick to one remedy for at least 3 to 6 months to notice visible results.

You can apply iodine to scalp directly if it doesn't cause irritation.Alternatively,you can dilute little white iodine in 2 tbsp of water before applying twice a day on areas that have lost all hair.Make sure to gently massage it into your scalp to ensure maximum absorption.However,applying a mixture of 1 tsp of lugols iodine and sesame oil for 3-6 months worked for my aunt!

Based on the diet you shared you seem to be low on protein and dairy with excess fiber intake.Without balanced diet nothing helps.It is vital to consult a nutritionist to help correct your diet.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2019
    Emarald likes this.
  7. sneha1985

sneha1985 Gold IL'ite

I just came here to post the exact same question. I have been under lot of stress since last 2 years and have lost about 70% of my long and lustrous hair that I had. I eat more protein and leafy greens, but didn't help me much. I want to grow back the lost hair.

I have low vit D, so might start taking the supplements. However I just moved to US west coast which gets more sunlight, so have been trying to spend sometime outdoors too to get vit D.

8. virtualkv2020

I have posted several links for hair care in this thread.Please go through them and pick a remedy according to your need.Also doing balayam and pruthvi mudra helps in hair growth.

9. SallyGreen

SallyGreen New IL'ite