1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

How To Be Positive?

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by BeautifulSmile, Apr 24, 2019.

1. BeautifulSmile

BeautifulSmile Silver IL'ite

Is it possible to wait for in Law's visit with lot of positive feeling? How to be happy of their visit? How to treat them positively and satisfy them? Is it possible?

Please pleaseeeee share some positive vibes? I am getting lost in my negative thoughts. And how to avoid too much drama going on at this moment?

I am slowly becoming stranger in my own house. Slowly getting swollen by bad in me. I am not sure how to put my current feelings in words.

Sunshine04 and Thyagarajan like this.

2. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello:The best way to tackle this is to arrange for a surprise visit of your parents and sisters or and brothers, so that their arrival coincides with the arrival of your in laws. I suggest this simple technique presuming your in laws and your parents are all in same country.
    God bless all science laws including in laws.

BeautifulSmile likes this.
  3. ddwilson7725

ddwilson7725 New IL'ite

How to Stay Positive: 11 Smart Habits
    1. Find the optimistic viewpoint in a negative situation.
    2. Cultivate and live in a positive environment.
    3. Go slowly.
    4. Don't make a mountain out of a molehill.
    5. Don't let vague fears hold you back from doing what you want.
    6. Add value and positivity to someone else's life.
    7. Exercise regularly and eat and sleep well.

4. Sunshine04

Sunshine04 Platinum IL'ite

Salute to you. :clap2:.you do want to take care of them.
    I don't understand what are you scared about??

BeautifulSmile and Thyagarajan like this.
  5. Sunshine04

Sunshine04 Platinum IL'ite

Never ever allow that feeling. Stand up for yourself girl. That's why God gave 2 feet

6. DDream

DDream Finest Post Winner

As this is about PILs visit, just relax and be yourself. No need to change who you are for anyone. Like to see positive in everything. Do whatever you usually do, behave normal and be open minded. Always remember they are your PILs not parents. So keep that respectable distance. Try to see positives in them. If you dont like anything, dont take it your heart. Involve your dh to task care of them. If they do something good, For example a tasty dish by MIL, appreciate it. No need to over do anything, just go with the flow. Have your own me time and space, take care of your self well. Be happy and pleasant like usual. Sleep well,get rid of all these tensions out of your kind....relax. you will be alright.

Remember also, they belong to an old generation. They want to be acknowledged and respected. Give space.Find good things and appreciate it. Respect and value them . But they are your guests and you are the boss of your house. If they are good, they will soon realize your value and will be happy. You are already positive, that's why you are thinking about making their visit a good one. Kudos to your attitude

Last edited: Apr 25, 2019
    BeautifulSmile, Thyagarajan and Anu14 like this.
  7. happydheivanai

happydheivanai Silver IL'ite

Just always think what all good ur inlaws did to u....
    how good ur husband is ( how good ur in laws brought up is).
    Call them and ask them to purchase some dress for u( gifts always makes happy)
    Always think What are + of ur in laws house when compare to ur parents house.
    Don't open ur mouth unnecessarily...Dont involve in any of the trip let the son and parents do it.
    Don't join for the local trip and stress urself..let they go out and u enjoy ur me time.
    Finally tell ur husband not to hurt u in any situation .

8. Thyagarajan

:hello:The previous response of mine is in the nature of a quick fix.
    2. It must have ere now known to you likes & disslikes of husband’s clan it could be taste it could be food it could be gifts, music. These are broad outline and along these lines do some surprise offer which might satisfy their ego.
    3. Make them eat full stomach every time that would induce sleep in them reducing their time to observe there perspective of negatives in you or your arrangements and organisation.
    4. Hold your views and be receptive to their ideas instead of trying to hold on to your views and getting exhausted besides altercation.
    5. Ensure central heating system right ambience and temperature all the time at home.
    6. Keeps CHOclates toffees handy, to surprise in case they come with grand children through your sister.
    7. But beware these may tend your in laws to like you & your place and further lead to stretch their stay. Watch your tone and if it is already harsh better then maintain and attempt whispering tone to all of their clan.

Thanks and Regards.

God help DILS in their commotion and confusion and especially when confront mil fil & Sil.

BeautifulSmile likes this.
  9. Thyagarajan

:hello:It must be optimal view point in any given situation . But new situations or situations to which one is not exposed bound to confuse and in that case you must evolve methods to dodge without hurting any one and learn to say neither yes nor No.
    2. if you begin exercise regime noe after their arrival, it might have repercussions in the form of tiredness or fatigue that would make sleep embrace you at wrong times.
    3. But avoid indulging in suspicion but be circumspect .
    All the best before, during & after arrival of your guest. I am sure you would welcome them with some halwa and or kheer.
    God generates in DIL s creative ideas upon new arrivals.

ddwilson7725 and BeautifulSmile like this.
  10. BeautifulSmile

BeautifulSmile Silver IL'ite

Thank you @Thyagarajan @ddwilson7725 @Sunshine04 @DDream @happydheivanai for filling my mind with positiveness and tips. This is why I always come back here when I go clueless. sometimes I dont like to open up to besties too. I feel so guilty to open up about in laws. Here I feel HOME, I can ask you guys to straighten me up, correct me, and I feel the support. Feeling so relaxed:cheer:. I hope Me and Hubby , In laws and Kids all will enjoy their stay. We live in US and my little one was new born during In laws last visit. I am happy for my kids, they can enjoy grand parents pampering. I am happy for my hubby and his parents, they all can have fun together. My mom physically not in this world, but I know I can make her proud when she is watching me from up there like an angel.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2019