1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Frustrated Mom Of Preschooler

Discussion in 'Toddlers' started by Bubbles, Apr 17, 2019.

1. messedup

messedup Platinum IL'ite

:thinking:

2. Amica

Amica IL Hall of Fame

@Bubbles, I have no suggestions but your post made me smile from ear to ear and say, "So cute!" :D

ashima10 likes this.
  3. sanjuruby3

sanjuruby3 Platinum IL'ite

Hi OP,
    I feel for you. I am in this phase ofr years. Mine is 5 and we have been doing this for 2-3 yrs. We have drama every morning simply bcos DD won't first get up from bed, then brush or potty or then breakfast or then get changed and then let comb. Then in the evening, again, wont eat wont shower then won't sleep.
    It became worse with new baby in the family. We are now worried as soon her KG will start and she has to learn to get up and get ready on time.
    In my case, she her self does nto eat but for past few days, she is " I want to do it" phase. She tries but then will sit on food or potty for forever.. i keep getting frustated but she won't let me help then after 1 hr, i have to intervene.

4. ashima10

ashima10 Platinum IL'ite

Ditto!

also made me call my mom and say thanks.

I did this "no potty ' thing out till the time I could sense my school bus waiting. It was all clear once the bus left. and i used to have fun in school...i mean i loved school i have no idea what made me do that.

i could still remember that.( me loving school and getting stuck in bathroom forever ) ..so i shudder to think what age that could have been.

god please bless me. Please ...

Amica likes this.
  5. rachaputi

rachaputi Platinum IL'ite

This reminded me one of my friend's struggle when she had changed him to new school. He became very arrogant, stubborn child. Once after keen observation she changed the school. And he is normal now. As per her DH(paediatric) vitamin/iron deficiency also make them cranky.

Sometimes they try to imitate or opt other kids acts, as oh! I too can be naughty to such extent and it is ok. I need not to follow instructions and can become rebel if not done in my way.

Being strict is unavoidable , but don't forget to cuddle later..

6. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Try telling her that if she gets dressed, eats and gets in the car on time, she can pick all her favorite tunes to listen to in the car. It worked like a charm with both my children. If they didn't get in the car per routine, I would play my boring slow play list that I created for the occasion. This is what worked for me.

ashima10 likes this.