1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Sleep Duration Vs Gdp Per Person

Discussion in 'Interesting Shares' started by Lalithambigai, Apr 18, 2019.

1. Lalithambigai

Lalithambigai IL Hall of Fame

Source: WhatsApp forward

This was received yesterday. Remembered about it after seeing a similar interesting share by @Afresh

mm gdp.jpg

2. Afresh

Afresh Gold IL'ite

now doesn't it say something about the continental biases , along with a bit of wealth situation also thrown into the mix!
    Now the veracity is a subject to contend on but this is interesting!

Thyagarajan and Lalithambigai like this.
  3. Lalithambigai

Yeah! It does. Let's see if anyone else has more insights on this topic.

Afresh likes this.
  4. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

Lack of sufficient money makes one sleepless.
    More money could also cause less sleep, because ... as I had already quoted elsewhere,
    Money causes pain in getting;
    In the keeping, pain and fretting;
    Pain in loss and pain in spending:
    Damn the trouble never ending!

So one would expect a bell curve. A few dirt poor nations, a few ultra wealthy nations, and a whole bunch of average nations bunched up together.

Very large countries (size of sub-continents), with huge income-gaps might involve big differences between whatsup and whatain't (i.e., in bed).

Whatsapp is the source ? hahaha... that is a good one.

Thyagarajan, Afresh and Lalithambigai like this.
  5. riyass

riyass Guest

no matter it depend on money , one should focus on health by sleeping more time, say for example one have huge bank balance after working lot of over time and at that future ages he will spend all his money in hospital to keep all his organs neutral . Grey hair is the first sign of not being healthy if you see grey hair before 30s of age .

Thyagarajan and Lalithambigai like this.
  6. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello::hello:
    Quite impressed with the illustration that attempts correlation between GDP & quauntum of sleep the Nation able to indulge in!
    2. Why Vatican City as a Nation Excluded in the chart. GDP PROBABLY NIL BUT QUANTUM OF SLEEP MAXIMUM.
    3. My friends with their families in Australia reporting good of their GDP and optimal sleep with least terrorist activity. Australia famous also for its aboriginal tribes.
    4. North and South Pole people (in hibernation) nothing to do with GDP.
    5. IN RICH AND DEVELOPING NATIONS, Black money wallas stash bundles of various currencies in their bathrooms and pillows and cottages, sleeps with their Casanova activities with respectable or reasonable GEE DEE PEES. THEY SEEMED TO HAVE OPTIMAL OF EVERYTHING IN LIFE IN DAY AND NIGHT.
    6. Rich or unrich or impoverished - peter or Paul - one sleeps, if he or she is tired and forgets GDP.
    7. A clerk’s wife an expectant approached boss for one day leave. It was refused. He parried back- will GDP would be affected by his absence!
    8. Though it is about quantum, one bother much about its quality. A Modi and I retired both have only 24 hours. But I heard Modi is sleep-less and acts all his minutes for increasing GDP. I sleep almost 8 hours and during siesta too but nothing seems to happen to Nation’s GDP because of that. Who knows, sometime it is good - working for cross purposes. Let me drift to sleep.

(Ants never sleep in its lifetime. Pigs brain cells remains alive even after its death - a medical report)

God has designed human body sleeps for some time but not his brain!

Lalithambigai likes this.
  7. Lalithambigai

@Thyagarajan Thanks for dropping by. I have started reading your posts bottom-up after your post-scripts were highlighted by one our esteemed members here recently. Indeed an interesting read always and aptly highlighted I should say. I was not aware that ants never sleep in their lifetime and pig brain cells remain alive even after their death.

Countries with GDP less than $10,000 per person and Avg. time in bed more than 7h45 per day are not included in this graph. That's how Vatican didn't make it I guess. Few of us like India, Philippines, Vietnam just managed to scrape through. I am sure, in the near future, India's dot will steadily move to the right of the graph and then, as a knock-on effect, will start moving up as well. Eventually, we will end up in the top-right quadrant within a decade or two.

Thyagarajan likes this.
  8. Thyagarajan

:hello:Thanks. With opening sentence about your recent beginning of reading of my responses in reverse, you had gladdened my heart. Humour and laughter are great preventive medicine. I enjoy the regular doze from your posts here.

2. I too in the habit of reading Articles especially in News Paper & Magazines the concluding portion first to decide whether to continue reading worth it! Thanks for your appreciative comment.

3. I too am desperately optimistic to see INDIAN coordinates SHIFT over time to first quad in that WhatsApp chart. I think it might be tad premature to make statements before one could establish Genuineness of the chart circulated in WhatsApp.

4. I wonder indeed Is there really any direct correlation possible between profound sleep quantum of the individual citizen and National Gross Domestic Product.

5. When you say Gross, was it includes Nett foreign exchange or in other words balance of payment fanourable to Nation under consideration.

6. I think south Vietnam for its size and population and aftermath of war is progressing very well. My batch mate friend doing export to south Vietnam says, they breed rats and included it in their staple cuisine. And jocularly he added, India has good chance to export Rat stuff to gain substantial foreign exchange. I queried how and why. I was amazed with his response.
    He said GOI has spent several lakhs to buy equipment that either repels or captures rat in Food Corporation Of India Godowns.
    God Ganesh is great. Sigh of relief!

7. I believe “Nature” in its latest, carried the possibility of future brain transplants with memories or future brain repairs as per current research in USA. My statement in this context is based on the report published in yesterday’s THE HINDU MAIN section last page.
    Regards.
    God Distributed natural Products keeping in view, altitude & attitude of the Nation.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2019
  9. Lalithambigai

Thyagarajan likes this.
  10. Thyagarajan

:hello: After saying all that finally to guffaw with ...... good one .
    Whatsapp is the source ? hahaha... that is a good one.
    2. Wealth is said to be unevenly distributed in under and developed countries. Rich would get enriched poor will get impoverished - somewhere Abraham said.
    3. Every pain is always associated with gain away from site elsewhere. It is antithesis as in stock market. If Us catches cold India sneezes. India over 5000 years old feeding the population resources so depleted. America 500 years old. Resources in abundance.
    For ever poor with pain there is some one very rich and robust. All because disparity in distribution of wealth.
    4. For Iran oil is gold. Trump blocked future imports from Iran. Us oil price shoots up enriching oil owners AND STOCKS in US . Proportionately iran should become poor. Overnight gdp and sleep affected in both countries. Iran left of bell US right of curve. In between the population of both countries SANDWICHED. Supercalifragilistic expiolidocius. Spell check.
    5. I am in hurry to engage in activity to increase local gdp. I mean going to temple.hence my haste.

God too deserves higher GDP to manage with his deputies & consorts.