Just Another Guy....

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by messedup, Apr 20, 2019.

1. messedup

messedup Platinum IL'ite

I dont know him. Dont even remember his name clearly. He was just another guy who I used to see roaming anywhere. Used to sit at our stairs for long hours. Came to our home to do some work related to electricity. I used to see him to the park where I visit sometimes. Thats how I knew him.

Today I went for a walk to the park. Was missing his presence. No one was talking about him. No one remember him. Nothing has changed there. Everything was normal. He was just another guy.

He was a harsh biker. It was obvious very much obvious to met an accident. Everyone is saying this. Someone helped him to the hospital. Doctors said the injuries are minor. But I think didnt gave him a proper treatment. And he died.

His family is in shock. They cant believe that he is no more with them. He was about to marry next month. Dont know about that girl. But why should I bother. Many people die daily and he was just another guy.

2. Lalithambigai

Lalithambigai IL Hall of Fame

@messedup, did you want to file this one under Snippets (non-fiction) ? Reading it I felt this is something that did happen and your posting here, sharing with all of us, is your way of processing those feelings. You are trying to convince yourself that it should not bother you which tells me that it is in someway bothering you and I want you to know that it is normal. We do feel for a loss of life even if it was of a total stranger because we are human and it is OK. May his Soul rest in peace!

3. Adharv

Adharv Gold IL'ite

@messedup sis I do agree with @Lalithambigai ma'am we all would feel the same. Try not to over think about him. Let us pray for him and his family.

4. messedup

messedup Platinum IL'ite

@Lalithambigai and @Adharv you are right friends. I should not think much about him. I know this phase is tough for everyone but we cannot stay with this. Everyone has to move on even the family too has to. Thanks for the kind words.

5. GeetaKashyap

GeetaKashyap IL Hall of Fame

Dear M,

We come across many people every day; some faces get registered and some go unnoticed. But when we commit certain incidents to our long-term memories some of these nameless people who aren't supposed to mean anything to us also get a place in our memories. Especially when something bad happens, since they are a part of our memory and environment, it is natural to feel bad for them and their families. It is natural to grieve for them too if we are the sensitive and the sentimental types. It is okay to pray for their souls, help their families if possible and finally move on accepting the incident as a natural process. I did mention this point in my last article, 'Farewells and cherished memories.'