1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Farewells And Cherished Memories

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by GeetaKashyap, Apr 11, 2019.

1. Afresh

Afresh Gold IL'ite

:) Thank you @Thyagarajan Sir!
    Happy new year to everyone celebrating in their respective traditions :)

2. Urmila

Urmila Silver IL'ite

Thanks a lot for your wishes.
    Sir, I wish you and your family a very happy Tamil New year and hope all your wishes come true this year.

Thyagarajan likes this.
  3. Urmila

Urmila Silver IL'ite

Dear Geetha,
    Thanks a lot for your wishes and hope this New year brings all happiness to you and your family.

GeetaKashyap likes this.
  4. Urmila

Urmila Silver IL'ite

Good thread and a beautiful poem. I thought it was reflecting about past for me and maybe many other people.

You rightly have analysed the reasons for why we drift so much from friends. Very well narrated and analysed. I don’t have much to add and your quote which I have given is my answer which I have frequently thought.

GeetaKashyap likes this.
  5. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

Thanks for invoking blessing of our tamil new year to land me with health and happiness. You also in the same breath wished all my desires fulfilled. I want to climb Everest for relaxation. I want to participate in formula car race in Monte Carlo., Para glide para jump , solo flight at least once round the world, scuba diving ..... the list is interminable for my desires.
    Coming to the object of thread once again, it was annual day and our just seniors in hostel were our guests . A drama was staged in 1965 written and directed by my class mate R cast in Cine Actress role of JILL JILL RAMBA DEVI - JJRD and I in the role of doctor’s assistant....and another hefty class mate S acted as Doctor. Title of the drama Jill Jill Ramba Devi.....S had invented a machine with capability of transferring pain & mood from one to another person. Scene one - D helps trandfer of pain of inebriation of one to donkey. Scene II - transfer of severe stomach ache to another moron. Scene III - love & duet between DOCTOR S & JJRD. Scene IV - JJRD SEEKS clandestine ASSISTACE OF doctor’s assistant A for teansferring her pain. She never reveals it is labour pain. To gain close proximity doc's assitance A accedes to her request. Sitting in the machine A receives the pain while JJRD rejoices. D enters found A in labour .
    Curtain down.
    Regards.

GeetaKashyap likes this.
  6. GeetaKashyap

GeetaKashyap IL Hall of Fame

Hope you had good celebrations. Thanks for your wishes.

Urmila likes this.
  7. GeetaKashyap

Thank you, Urmila, for your feedback. Some have said that they could reach the same level of comfort when they met their friends decades later; how lucky they are!

Thyagarajan and Urmila like this.
  8. GeetaKashyap

Highly imaginative wishes but I believe anything is possible! Why not?

The subject of the drama is very creative and imaginative. It must have been difficult for amateurs to put together and enact such a complex subject. Hope R became a success in Tollywood.

Thyagarajan likes this.
  9. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello:Quite true. One should believe in enlarging friends circle for ever to maintain robust health besides it helps get ideas, opinions, business, correct one’s course for better trejectory ...et al.
    Thanks and Regards.

GeetaKashyap likes this.
  10. Anusowmyan

Anusowmyan Gold IL'ite

Thank you thyagarajan sir for your kind wishes .
    My hearty greeting on the occasion of Tamil new year to you and all others in Indus Ladies.

Thyagarajan likes this.