1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Whispers Of Love

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by blackbeauty84, Jul 16, 2018.

1. peddadas

peddadas Platinum IL'ite

oh no..BB please... you definitely know how to hook us on .. is it fair to hurt someone like this..poor guy ..yawning ..he should be ok...dont do anything to him BB..dont make this professional romantic series to crime one :BangHead::frown::yawn:

2. muggs

muggs Gold IL'ite

Ohh Dev should have taken the lift.. Waiting for the next update..

3. Daddysgirl

Daddysgirl Senior IL'ite

DOnt do anything to Dev please

4. Rampuri9

Rampuri9 Silver IL'ite

oh no BB :(
    Hope everything becomes alright ..

5. periamma

periamma IL Hall of Fame

Hi BB save Dev and make us happy.

6. creativemumma

creativemumma Gold IL'ite

BB....please post the next episode soon

7. Sowmyaraghu

Sowmyaraghu Gold IL'ite

Waiting for the next episode:thinking::thinking:

8. blackbeauty84

blackbeauty84 IL Hall of Fame

Really Really sorry guys:cry:

Chapter-39
    Jaishankar

What a day to be woken up by your son and be told that there is a harassment case filed against him. Thankfully they had evidence which would free him of charges. I called up Sagar and Mukund both of them wanted Srikanth to attend the inquiry session post which they have planned to fire Padmini.

Mukund has gathered evidence about lot of financial wrong doings, from the mobile bills submitted it was detected that she was in touch with Kishore and there was a small team in HR who were Kishore loyalists and swindling money in various ways. Finally Evolution would be free of those plotters. Sagar was waiting for me to be present in the country to fire her and the team but implicating a boy in harassment just because he stood against her was the final straw.

Srikanth promised to call me after inquiry irrespective of the time and I was annoyed when there was no call from him. This is my bed time and I was just waiting for his call. I tried Sriram on whether he knew anything on that but he didn’t pick as well. I reached out to Mukund who thankfully picked the call.

‘Mukund..All fine? What happened at inquiry?’

‘We had to cancel it as neither Srikanth nor I could attend.’ Mukund was holding back something.

‘That’s strange. Why?’

‘ Our employee Dev met with a road accident on his way back home and expired on the spot.’ Mukund’s voice was shaking.

‘ Who?? Srikanth’s friend?? ‘

‘Yes…we both started from office at the same time. He was yawning and I offered to drop him but he declined as he had his bike. I think he was too sleepy to drive and has hit a lorry. I couldn’t see what happened as he overtook me minutes before. ……….When I reached the turning I saw bike has hit the divider and he was lying unconscious. As I attended him I saw lorry driver running away. He died in my arms before I could call the ambulance. …’Mukund’s voice choked.

It took me time to pacify him and ensure exigency amount is released for the family.

Dev of all people.I distinctly remember his smiling face and professionalism he displayed. Few have remarked that seeing Dev in action is like seeing a younger version of me His child must be just three months old. Srikanth has talked a lot about him & his family. When such a promising young life is taken suddenly one can’t help being angry with god. It took me hours to be settled with the news.

It was next day morning when Sriram rang me back.

‘Sorry couldn’t attend your call dad. We just came back from Dev’s house…’

‘The news is unbearable. How is his wife taking it?’ I asked.

‘She was strong. It’s Srikanth I’m worried about. Dad, he did the last rites for Dev as Ramya requested.’ Sriram remarked.

‘Give it time Sriram. They were very close and might be he feels guilty because of his issue Dev stretched and exhausted himself. ‘ That time even I was unable to digest the grief so I could understand the plight of Srikanth.

‘You should have seen the way he shouted at Harini… His friends pitched in to control him.’ Sriram added. That moment I thought Srikanth would come out of it.

Five days later, Sriram sent me a message to call him as soon as possible .

‘Dad..Srikanth didn’t go to work all these days. He is sitting in the same place where he was when I left for the office. He didn’t have a morsel of food it seems. None of you are here. I’m very much worried. ‘He panicked.

When the status didn’t improve for next few days I went back home. Sriram picked me up from the airport. We had to bang the room door several times for him to open the door.

‘Srikanth..listen…’

‘I don’t want to talk about anything..’ he said.

‘Stop being a selfish brat. Have you checked on his wife to see how she is doing and what financial needs she has?’ I asked.

‘How can I face her dad he would have been alive if not for me..’ he broke up and started crying. It took hours of our consoling to make him consider that.

‘Get up..let’s meet Ramya and do the best to help her.’ I insisted.He looked a bit decent after a shave and bath. I instructed the housekeepers to clean his room and make it fresh while we were out.

Enroute to Dev’s house he didn’t respond to my monologue about moving on.Ramya was with Vithuran and her mother when we went to her place.

‘I didn’t expect you sir though I was expecting you Srikanth..’ Ramya said.

As I was talking to Ramya she Ramya put a brave face before me. I could see Vithuran was comfortable sleeping in Srikanth’s arms.

‘He looks more lost than me.’ Ramya pointed at Srikanth.

‘He feels guilty that Dev wouldn’t have got delayed if not for him..’I said.

‘Seriously Srikanth? Dev knows his limits. He was wide awake when I spoke last to him. What happened was an accident. So stop this non-sense..’ Ramya shouted at him.

After few minutes Srikanth asked the question ‘How are you doing financially Ramya? I know Dev pulled out all his savings for the house purchase and pre-EMI is going?’

‘Glad you asked this. I need a job Srikanth. My salary as a teacher is very meager…’

‘I’ll make sure Evolution offers one soon. I presume you might want to take some break?’ I asked her.

‘No I can start immediately. I want to get on my feet as soon as possible.’ Ramya said.

‘I understand. Srikanth get her resume soon and send it to Mukund. I’ll put a word to him too. Meanwhile this would help you a little.’ I gave her a cheque which she hesitated to take.

‘It’s not fair…’ Ramya declined.

‘Don’t try to solve everything by yourself. Dev was more like a family and this is the least we can do. ‘

When I left the house, Srikanth decided to stay back to help Ramya with the resume. I thought visiting Dev’s house and meeting Ramya would help him with the reality but he became more withdrawn.

Sweetynila, muggs, periamma and 5 others like this.
  9. ashwinid01

ashwinid01 Gold IL'ite

It is so well written BB, i am literally in tears... No other words...

10. aarthi28

aarthi28 Platinum IL'ite

No BB, I spite of everyone's request, you killed Dev. Sorry I may be rude and it's a story. But everyone liked that character and losing him is really achingmake some miracle to happen and bring back Dev. It shd not be him. I am selfish in getting that character back. My God this is really very sorrowful episode.Ramya is really strong. I admire your writing skills and the way you take us through the story. My respects for your writing grows more and more.

Preetii and periamma like this.