Came To Work Today Like A Crap!!!

Discussion in 'Working Women' started by Hana2018, Apr 2, 2019.

1. Hana2018

Hana2018 Bronze IL'ite

I dono now a days I became more forgetful. Today I came to work without wearing earrings and wearing my night suit t-shirt and wearing my flip flops. Luckily I always keep one jacket in office locker. I am wearing that to cover my shabby T-shirt. Thankfully no one bothers about others in my company. Last week I forgot my cell phone and lunch box. And once I forgot my to carry my hand bag and Without drivers licenses I drove and went to work. :)
    Did anyone else also had these kind of funny forgetful experiences?

2. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Yeh un dino ki baat hai (this is from the days when) I was the harried, hurried, mother of a toddler with every minute of my morning needing to run like clockwork to make it in time for the darned 8 am meeting at work to which India folks called in. This was way before you could call in to a meeting from a cell phone in the car.

Now that we have established when it happened, here's what happened:

I entered my office (this was before some HR person somewhere got the crazy idea of open work areas and no offices/cubicles), inspected the moistness of the soil in the money-plant, checked the office phone for a flashing red light that would mean voice-mail, blew some dust off the keyboard, took off my thin early autumn cardigan, and sat down in the chair that the office ergonomics guy had adjusted beautifully to my height and weight.

As I lowered myself into said ergonomically adjusted chair, I started to feel that something was amiss. For starters, I felt lighter. Not the lighter when a few pounds go away. It was a different lighter feeling. The exact moment I discovered what was amiss remains engraved in my mind. The phone was on the right side of that chair, on an L-shaped desk. My outstretched and cardigan free left arm turned to the right to reach for the phone to dial a four digit internal number. Even as my mind conveyed the four digit number to my finger-tips, my mind and body froze in mid-action.

Realization dawned and my horror multiplied as a discreet glance downward confirmed my worst fears. The amiss was a piece of apparel that I had forgotten to don that morning. Well, forgotten isn't the exact thing that happened. Let's say a change of guard took place each morning, like from night shift to morning shift, and somehow that exchange had gone awry that morning. Like the best laid hostage exchange plans can go wrong.

Instead of dialing that four digit internal number, I called up a friend in a panic. There was no way I could go back home, or even go to the nearby store and buy one. She calmed me down, said to put the cardigan back on and walk less, walk gently the rest of the day.

Since that day, I am never without a cardigan, jacket or coat in the car.

If you are still lost as to what that amiss apparel was -- it was something the feminists also forgot, albeit forgot to burn in 1968. Yes! That much famed burning never happened.

3. peartree

peartree Platinum IL'ite

LOL.

I actually intentionally wear an old tee-shirt to work in the winter months, the ones I wear at home because I usually wear a jacket anyway on top, so that I can then go home and just get out of my jeans and wear my comfortable pants. One less piece of clothing to wash!!

Similarly, if I wear a skirt, I usually wear a capri underneath, so that once I get home, I just slide the skirt right off and no extra effort needed to find another thing to wear.

Am I clever or what? ;-)

4. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

Two things I remember..

1) Once in college,I wore my teeshirt inside out and was roaming the entire day like that

2) I used to go in scooty to my computer institute and I was absent mindedly wore my helmet and walked all the way to class.People were looking at me funny

SinghManisha and Lalithambigai like this.
  5. Anusha2917

Anusha2917 IL Hall of Fame

IMG-20190402-WA0000.jpg

Lol.. This was yesterday-That's how my husband came to drop me to the Metro station in the morning . Poor fellow didn't realize until the security guard pointed out. . When I read your post I thought I'll share this.
    I'll write about my blunders soon.. :D

6. Amica

Amica IL Hall of Fame

Fun thread, @Hana2018! :thumbsup:

Now and then I forget to change from ghar ka chappal to bahar ka joota. By the time my freezing toes alert me to the lapse I'm often too far away to turn around.

7. shravs3

shravs3 IL Hall of Fame

I forgot to wear my earrings once :tearsofjoy:
    Tat whole day I was cursing myself

8. Needtobestrong

Needtobestrong Platinum IL'ite

Once I was wearing a pair of artificial earrings to college..long dangling earrings..one fell off and the whole day I was going around with a earring on just one year...
    One of the professors saw me and tried hard to control her laughter...I realised the reason later on when one of my classmate was kind enough to tell me!

9. Brevity

Brevity Gold IL'ite

I have worn dresses inside out at least twice. Once I have gone wearing the slippers that I use around home. To make it worse they were in a kind of bad condition. I stayed glued to my seat most of the day.

10. ThoughtsParv

ThoughtsParv Senior IL'ite

In my current pump at work scenario, I have turned up at standups with my shirt inside out multiple times ! As I would be listening to updates slowly realization would dawn about the inside outness. No way to escape - have had to give status updates while praying no one noticed!

SinghManisha and GlobetrotterG like this.