1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Forgetting

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, Mar 27, 2019.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji Finest Post Winner

I keep everything safe but don't remember where I have kept. I don't remember where kept a purse, don't know where it is hiding , since five months I am waiting. Once before I had made a nice greeting card but did not know where I kept. Finally one fine day I got from a bag which I take when I go on tour.

Today morning I filled the refined oil in a steel jar but could not find the lid. It was right in front on the right side but I could not see.

Mornings from 7to 9am I am busy with cooking and then Pooja. On days when I don't do archana my husband has breakfast by 8.30 and on archana days 9 am. He is very particular about the time.

By eight my cooking will be over and at that time I should not forget as there is no time to search.

I am not used to keeping the vessels , plate etc in the draw in the kitchen. I should keep in a particular place but sometimes I keep in hurry and later search.

I had a kambi for taking out papad and since many months I could not find. Yesterday my husband told to bring something from the 3rd draw and I found this.

2. joylokhi

joylokhi Platinum IL'ite

Dear viji maami,
    I am sure u r not the only one misplacing things and searching for them. In fact, many times we tend to keep things with the intent to keep it very safe and forget about it! So, these days I consciously make it a point to organise everything carefully - a place for everything and everything in its place - to be exact. If I happen to keep important documents in a place away fromthe usual , i note the same down in a personal diary , whcih i maintain on yearly basis containing all my passwords for all online transactions, list of things in locker, important documents with respective file details etc . Ofcourse, as my sons always tease me , if the diary is lost , everything is gone. Somehow i feel more secure physically noting down that maintain personal information also online.

One method i have found succesful in finding lost goods in the house, is when i empty out the cupboards etc around once in two months or so for rearranging. This is the time when i dispose off also unwanted clothes, things i may not need and pass it on to servants or give them away.

Thyagarajan, iyerviji and Afresh like this.
  3. Afresh

Afresh Gold IL'ite

This happens with me too! in respect of documents and home knick knacks mostly.

iyerviji and Thyagarajan like this.
  4. jayasala42

jayasala42 IL Hall of Fame

Dear Viji,
    Every one is sailing in the same boat.Sometimes after opening the fridge, I forget what I have to take, and on seeing the vanali on the oven, I recollect that it is green chilies.We need not worry that we are heading in for some big aliments like alzheimers.Please remember this quotation in mind.
    “The pre requisite of originality is the art of
    forgetting at the proper time what we know.”

Dawn to dusk our life is full of unforgetful events of forgetting incidents.Misplacing scooter keys, students forgetting to take hall tickets, preparing for the unscheduled examination, leave
    alone forgetting answers.

Even very careful people forget to set the padlock right and concentrate on pulling the locks.

Sorry, I have forgotten about forgetting the place where we have left our mobiles.Sometimes it will be inside the washing machine making strange sounds.

Imagine the consequences when the physician forgets the name of the drug to be prescribed.
    The list ranges from simple forgetting of dialogues during stage play to the serious forgetting of paying Income tax by top leaders and forgetting of electoral promises.
    One's forgetfulness may prove beneficial to others.

Forgetting to lock the doors properly may be a blessing to the thief and forgetting to file documents in time may bring legally fortunes to the opponents .

However eminent scientists who forget themselves deeply in Scientific research bring honour to the nation.

Great seers like Ramana Maharishi had realized the Almighty by forgetting themselves.
    To explain scientifically,our brain has a built in software programming
    for its efficient working.It acts as a winnower sorting various information in a stipulated manner constantly evaluating editing and sorting and erases many informations that may not be required at all in future.This continuous sieving process is what is called’forgetting’ by common man.If this does not happen,we will be weeping over deaths that happened long back and brooding over our past failures.
    In fact there is a thin line demarcation between remembering and forgetting.The followings lines give a lot of encouragement to me.

"We remember what we forget to forget.

We forget what we forget to remember.

We remember what we do not forget to remember
    to remember”

I had to break my head to understand the above lines.

Does it look like cine dialogue by Visu?Is it a definition of rememberance and forgetfulness expressed in terms of one another?To avoid confusion ,I tried to
    forget the verse.But it lingers for ever.

Forgetting is a bliss.Give it a warm welcome.

Jayasala 42

Thyagarajan, Amulet and iyerviji like this.
  5. gorgeous23

gorgeous23 Silver IL'ite

he he ..happens to me all the time :blush: i keep things in safe place & then forget the safe place:BangHead:. my husband has started calling me bhulakkad :cry:
    the only thing that works for me is :1: keep everything in its place.
    2 : & ofcourse look up the stores / cupboards/ under beds etc atleast twice in year: onset of summer, when we keep woollens in & at the start of winter: when woollens are taken out. as i keep clothes in so many places :dizzy:, this is such a massive exercise & the entire house is upside down. that is when i discover so many things i had kept safely :facepalm: and conveniently forgotten.

Thyagarajan and iyerviji like this.
  6. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

I wanted to write something in my response but I forgot what I wanted to write when I started replying!

7. iyerviji

Glad I am not the only one . Glad you have now organised.Glad to get your first feedback

8. iyerviji

So you are sailing in the same boat.

9. iyerviji

Thanks for your lovely feedback. Wow you have narrated so well about different types of forgetting. Before leaving home I always check whether gas is off etc. First time I forgot my mobile in the medical stores, luckily in the way I checked and immediately went and got it. Before leaving any place I always check whether mobile is there , my purse is there etc. Usually I am very careful but now must be due to age

joylokhi likes this.
  10. iyerviji

So you are also experiencing the same.