How Do You Keep Yourself Motivated On A Monday?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by cheenu123, Mar 25, 2019.

1. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Now, @cheenu123 ,

This what you have said makes me happy :)
    Big thing out of equation.

It is not the destination but the journey part then! Despite what you have said, exercise helps - keep it consistent and going no matter what. I am not sure how you exercise but for me early morning 5.30 in a group class and in a gym is my goto thing....for a number of years now, so much so that if I don't exercise I become crabby. So you will find me working out no matter - holidays or work days. I just want to emphasize that i t really helps.

As for commute, I am convinced audio books are it, for you!

And finally instead of fighting it, just accepting it - that you don't like getting up early on Mondays and don't like the commute but you got to do what you got to do to reach your destination will help!

And like almost everyone else has suggested, even if you sleep in on Saturdays, Sundays being up a little earlier (whatever that is for you...closer to your week days) will help. No doubt about it!

2. shravs3

shravs3 IL Hall of Fame

OMG :eek:

Thyagarajan and Amica like this.
  3. Amica

Amica IL Hall of Fame

Invite your least favorite guests to move in with you. You'll feel excited to get away from them Monday morning. :p :smilingimp: j/k

Serious answer: Plan to do something you're good at at work first thing Monday morning. Working on a project you believe in will give you something to look forward to and put a spring in your step.

4. cheenu123

cheenu123 Gold IL'ite

Hi @girvani,
    Yes, even I'm collecting my playlist to navigate through my long commute.

5. Afresh

Afresh Gold IL'ite

Thanks @Amica for writing this.
    I love this :roflmao:. Seriously this is also theraupetic at times .

Amica, shravs3 and Thyagarajan like this.
  6. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello:As a young couple in the capital during beginning of summer when my parents dropped in, she had suggested a trip for my parents to visit Kashi - varnashi - and Badrinath Kedarnath. Tickets booked, the day they arrived, we put them in bus at Karol Baugh and our Monday began with a train journey to Jaipur Agra etc.
    when parents returned, their tickets ready by grand trunk back to then Madras now Chennai and our Monday the next began. I dropped in her bank’s branch parliament st., and I scooted (bought by spouse) to my office at the corner near parliament.

Wonderful novel ide!
    Regards.

7. Mylifeatusa

Mylifeatusa Silver IL'ite

I usually pick my favorite ( new/used) dress/top and Shoes to wear on Monday's. It makes me happy to get up and get going on Monday's. I follow same for my kids on Mondays and any other days when they are too lazy to get up.

Don't know if its is right or wrong but working for us :)

Anusha2917 likes this.
  8. Anusha2917

Anusha2917 IL Hall of Fame

This is really interesting. I'm going to try this out. .:)

9. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello: I revisit to add:
    Wake up is easy but Getting up from bed is an art which varies depending on how young or old one is. My mom told that I should open up eyes wake up stage rub eyes to distribute the blood around eyelids which have become heavy during long closing. Look at your palms say thanks to it. If one is old get to stand begin slowly balanced stretching legs for a while sitting at the brim of the cot. Throw hands up gently bring it down few times. You are a tad warmed up .

2. It is advised by physicians that it is better to lie down on your left. This got to something with the heart I believe. Begin your movements rhythmically avoid chaotic start!
    Your good day begins with smile not necessarily in front of mirror.
    Regards.