1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Mother-in-law,anagram Of Woman -hitler

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by jayasala42, Mar 22, 2019.

1. jayasala42

jayasala42 IL Hall of Fame

2. jayasala42

Dear Yellow mango,Thank you Madam for your nice analysis. I agree that the person who gives torture should be asked to desist from tormenting instead of asking the sufferer to pardon.
    My experience as I see four generations of MIL and DIL is that many young MILs have already realised the mistakes committed by the previous generation of MILs and want to be an ideal MIL that is expected of them.I think many women are talking about incidents that happened prior to 1970.Many MIL s of the present generation are well educated and cultured too and mostly do not want to earn a bad reputation as a mother-in-law.Hardly 5% of that generation still remains.In the present situation no DIL need to be worried about those tortures of MIL of yester years.
    Let us welcome the peace loving young generation of MIL s and I hope that you belong to that virtuous MIL
    Jayasala 42

periamma, joylokhi and Thyagarajan like this.
  3. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello: I endorse.
    Thanks and Regards.

4. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

Thanks for the reply madam.
    I doubt there are too many women here who had become dils before 1970.
    I was one year old in 1970.
    I am one of the older members here.

I wonder where the 5% mil stat is coming from ?
    May be in the miniscule population who live abroad .
    This forum has a lot of women who live abroad and more threads in relationship forum are posted by them.Even that does not explain the 5% bad mils.

We all want the number of bad mils to shrink to 5 % but the reality is far from it.

Education may make people knowledgeable ..but it does not guarantee good nature or character .This holds good for all humans ....not just mils or dils.

We can both agree to disagree on this topic .

I do hope I am a good mil to my son in laws ( or dils...who knows:).these days we should keep an open mind). If not,we can always agree to stay out of each others hair.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2019
  5. jayasala42

Good lessons.Let the lessons guide us properly as to what to do and more importantly what not to do.
    Jayasala 42

Thyagarajan likes this.
  6. soulful

soulful Platinum IL'ite

sure it is! the difference is - I know how lame and stupid it sounds when the MIL says you deserve it because I got it too. One thing I am greatful to my MIl is that she explicitly said it - "You don't know what my MIL did to me. This is nothing!" LOL - If she hadn't said it might have taken me many more years to understand her logic. Now I know I should not be like that.

SinghManisha and Thyagarajan like this.
  7. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello:As an antithesis I thought of the cases of Gar Jamayees. In that case the fights could be between SIL vs FIL.?!?!.
    Thanks and Regards.
    God Bless

8. nakshatra1

nakshatra1 Platinum IL'ite

I definitely agree with you we should not stereotype anyone as good or bad, be it MILs or DILs. But yes, if there is some discrimination /patriarchy in the society we have to fight it with awareness/education. Hopefully MILs and DILs can treat each other with compassion and solve problems together.All patriarchal privileges/expectations need to go, then only relationship can flourish.

SinghManisha likes this.
  9. jayasala42

Thank you for the nice gesture.Even 5% adjustment on each side will work wonders.
    Jayasala 42

10. Sunshine04

Sunshine04 Platinum IL'ite