1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Bitter Thoughts Haunting Me

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by preeti6years, Mar 24, 2019.

1. preeti6years

preeti6years Silver IL'ite

I have gone through and still going through ils issue right from day one of my marriage. Mil is biased towards bil and cosis. Husband though he knows this fact defends when confronted. Mil outrightly shows this differences without the fear of being questioned.
    While I am in a mode of acceptance for all these issues, one thought is killing me.
    Bil who was outrightly brain washing dh against me before his marriage is so good to his wife. He supports her so much in every act though she is wrong. Hasn't spoken anything negative about her to anyone. Whereas my dh used to complain about to everyone to whom he is close. Bil has screwed up my life and is now very happy. Of course I admit that my dh is at fault.
    How can people ever be so conflicting. He is exact opposite of what he taught to my dh.
    My dh on the other is still the same. So much of thinking differences.
    I feel so bitter when I think of this

2. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

OP raises so many questions:
    All living in the same household ?
    How is the money (for household expenses) divvied up ?
    Is co-sis more hip/fancy/cool/hot than OP ?
    Who is working outside the home ?
    Please give us details.

3. preeti6years

preeti6years Silver IL'ite

Amulet,
    Your questions really made me to smile.
    To answer them,
    Money is not an issue. However everything and everybody is measured in terms of financial status. Though my dh denies this is the fact.
    Both Il's are pensioners and they even get money out of their properties. We stay with Inlaws and bil and cosis stay at abroad. My H runs the family on majority while the minor expenses is taken care by FIL.
    BIL doesnt share anything on regular basis, but when he comes yearly once, he comes with few gifts, necessary things to their parents and that too on fixed budget. Beyond that there is no contribution from him. My cosis is also working.
    I used to share the household expenses in the beginning, but now I am not as I am paying a hefty amount to my babys caretaker. I am paying her more as I have asked to do a bit of household too.

GlobetrotterG likes this.
  4. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

Bil screwed up your life.

How about being nice to mil for some time and then suggest how all loving sons who stay abroad sponsor their parents to 6 months vacation every year abroad.

Let in laws stay with the favorite son and dil.
    Let the lovey dovey couple get some spice of drama in their life.

That would be sweet revenge.