Your Favorite Air Travel Accessories?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Rihana, Feb 14, 2017.

1. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Here is my list:

1) Ear plugs - I wear it throughout the flight and therefore I carry more than one - I don't know the brand but they sell it in the airport. It is like a rubber spring that you can screw into the ear to keep it tight.

2) Folding brush - I bought it in India a few years back and it folds nicely into a socket so that it is not exposed to any infection

3) Small tooth paste - standard

4) Altoids

5) Soap Paper - KELEE - It comes in different flavor like Mango, Cherry, etc. - They are tiny hand soap sheets packed in a round container

6) Pack-n-Wipe - Free carrying tube - Soft, durable & resuable - on the go towel - 8.5"X11" - It is solid cylinderical item when added with water becomes a towel - Us Patent # 8,790,770

7) Fresh exit wipes - single use flushable wipe - it also comes in many flavors

8) Wearable hip leather container - I always prefer to wear passport - OCI card - boarding passes - pen - etc around my hip so that I don't have to store it away in a carry on luggage.

9) Definitely a big writing pad - For some strange reason, I get some great life changing ideas at 35,000 feet that I would like to note down.

10) Long pair of sox - one pair of outfits/underwear/sox - in case I get struck in the way

Note: Other than phone, I don't carry any other electronic devices.

2. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

I forgot to mention 1) Prescription Medication, 2) Vicks Vaparub for nasal congestion and 3) A small moisturizer tube to keep hands and feet lubricated when the Jet compression dries out the skin. I drink a lot of water in the plane and exercise my feet and knee a lot by sitting in the chair intended for air hostesses. They know all these exercises and enjoy someone doing it.

3. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

I save some of my favorite shows on the phone and watch them.
    Ear phones
    Warm stole
    Extra earphones
    Extra glasses
    Power bank
    Neck pillow on long flights.
    Warm socks
    Lots of family pics on phone

4. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

sweet ! When I am not even in the air, but someone I love is, I am online watching FlightTracker to see where the flight is. It is like looking at the photo on the smartphone.:kissingheart:

5. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello: Thanks.
    Timely useful thread as summer holidays commences in many parts of the world.
    I am benefitted with suggestions in this thread that lead to explore more with uncle google in
    accessories to carry in long ultr long flights - Google Search
    Regards.

Gallant likes this.
  6. Gallant

Gallant Silver IL'ite

I always carry one complete set of dress in my hand luggage, just in case of emergency. Toothbrush, toothpaste and floss - is a must.
    I carry Amazon fire - kindle downloaded with all PDFs for reading. If its long haul, I also carry a small blanket because I always feel cold inside and the blanket the airlines provide doesn't withstand that cold. So I use double blanket. I always prefer the aisle seat, as I can freely get up and and walk anytime for restroom, etc, as I drink lot of water. I usually skip the last 2 time-meals before boarding the long haul flight while going to India.

I Introduce myself to the neighbor(s) and depends on their mood, extend the conversation and at least find out what their profession is. If supposed to sit right next to a desi lady other than students, the conversations will be really tough. They usually don't even see and turn their face the other side. Even introduction is difficult.

Browse thru the entire flight manual, if interesting, read some articles...never forget to spend sometime on seeing the airline services whole world path-map with the conjested curvy arcs from point to point.

Though I feel headache and nauseating the moment I start reading something, due to motion-sickness, while travelling in car or bus, I don't feel that in flights or train. So I switch TV, start any movie and watch only any front, side rows or neighbor's movies and sleep, mostly turn side ways and try to occupy a little space from the neighbor by keeping my head in between the two seats, with pillow while sleeping. That's how I get sleep, at least initially. I don't use any other pillow than the airline provides.
    And when the flight experiences turbulence, though scared, have a little sigh of relief on thinking about my life insurance.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2019
  7. Gallant

Gallant Silver IL'ite

If I have to go to airport for pick up, I track the flight status on google.