1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Www- Wondrous Women World

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by aarthi28, Feb 25, 2019.

Tags:
  1. aarthi28

aarthi28 Platinum IL'ite

Episode 7:

Chandrika found everything gloomy in front of her. She don’t know where to start and how to start with her step mom and how to proceed further. She took her mobile and dialed her residence.

The day dawned for Vidhya in a very refreshing way. Though she was feeling physically tired, her mind was so fresh and energetic and the beep that she got in her mobile in that early morning gave a fresh glow to her face. She opened to see a 3D message which opened with a flower bouquet coming from a Heart shaped basket with a Birthday message. Yes, it was her Birthday and she blushed seeing that. She replayed that again and again and Vinaya watched it from her behind. She picked her mobile and saw that and smiled at her. She asked as who had sent it in a miming way and Vidhya replied that it was Vidharth. She smiled and asked for his photo. Vidhya pulled his DP and showed his photo. He was looking damn smart and Vinaya took that mobile and kept it near her face and mimed as if she is looking at a match between them. Vinaya inquired about Viswa in a miming way of the guy whom she saw in the college. Vidhya told that he was flirting with her. Vinaya responded back that he was looking good and she thought of him to be her boyfriend. Vidhya responded, “Hey shut up. You are again and again coming to the same point”. While they were discussing, their mother Vasumathi peeped in to the room. ”Happy Birthday dear”.

Vidhya was from a upper middle class family. Her father Vasudevan was a business man. He owned a Book shop attached with a big Gift boutique and a Flower bouquet shop. The book shop was their family business and he continued the same and has developed it further with boutique and bouquets. In the advancing technical world, there are still book lovers who paved him to run his business successfully. Vasudevan was a very soft spoken and pious person who has his own business ethics. He took up his father’s shop and he was very much interested in taking it up and has ran successfully for years.

Vidhya’s mother Vasumathi was an agmark ethical woman by nature and always had the great respect to his husband and mother in law. She believes in family ethics and her whole world is her children, servicing her mother in law, and a pakka house wife beside being a great cook. Though she is educated with that day PUC, she always stands at the back of his husband and loved her children for whatever they are. They ensured that they maintained their family within the budget they afford for and ensured that they never showed any pompous outlook. They had also brought their children with their same attitude.

Vidhya’s house was located in a decent locality at the city center and an independent house too. In the fast moving world of flat culture, it was an very old model aesthetic house and was an eye catching one and was used to explain address for surrounding people. The gates will be welcomed with two elephants at the pillars of the entrance gates made of Iron. It will be tough to pull a single gate when they want to open it for a car to enter the main gate. It had a small garden decorated with many types of colourful plants comprising of different crotons, colourful flower plants, monkey tail grown with the dark monkey tails welcoming aside the Rose flowers showing their bright colours with their fragrance. Both of vidhya’s parents were garden lovers and maintained their garden very well. They ensured that the garden is attended well daily by watering them twice, weeding the extra grown parts. There was also a small Radha Krishna statue that was kept at the corner with an Golden umbrella placed on it built on a small pebbles hill. Two cars can be parked back to back with one inside the portico and other at its back. Anyone who comes to the house wishes to stay there and the way they maintained it was also one reason for others to think like that.

The house was built on 2 grounds and totally comprise of 3 grounds with open space covered with a big garden area, car park . It was an house built in 1980’s and his father retained an old model Padmini Fiat parked at the corner and as said, he maintained that well too.

When vasumathi came inside the room, her father also followed her to wish his elder daughter. “Wishes from me too dear”, he handed over a gift to her. Vidhya was so enthusiastic to open it see a new latest model Smart phone. She hugged him, “ Oh,,, thanks a lot appa(Dad)”. Vimal followed, “Always preference is for Vidhya only.. we are dummy na”.

Vidhya mimed to cry , “See Appa, what he is talking?”

Vasu : “Come on Vidhya. She has completed her studies. It’s her wish to either study further or go for a job or to start her life as a family woman. We are fine for everything. When you also complete, you will also get such surprises. “

Vidhya hugged him , “ That’s appa. My Sweet Appa” and Vinaya joined her in hugging their father.

Vimal : “Ok Ok.. All fathers are daughter lovers. Fine, after all she is my sissy too na. I will be happy if she is happy.”, he said in a teasing and caring tone.

Vasu :” Whatever it is Vimal, you are going to be with us for life time. Good or bad, these girls have to change their life paths when they get married. So they are not permanent.”

Vinaya mimed :”hmm.. we will not leave you too”

Vimal : “Ok Ok enough of daughter sentiments. Mom, why are you not talking for me? Usually moms used to safeguard sons and you always stand for your husband”

Vasumathi laughed , “Not like that da. What ever your father talks is correct? Hope you will not leave us in future”

Vimal :”Amma, come on we have never ever see you people to have quarreled a single time, you have never spoken a word against Paati( Granny), you always oblige for her words and respect her. We have learnt a lot from you both and will definitely keep our ethics.”

Vidhya’s granny came inside , “ What topic about me ?” She entered there slowly by walking with her walking stick, with a spatika mala in her hand chanting mantras and pulling each bead in it for a count.”

Vimal : “Paati, you alone is missing in this. Welcome to the party.”

Granny : “Oye, what for party? “

Vasumathi obliged when her mother in law came nearby and moved aside giving her respect to her. Vimal continued, “ Aiyoo, Amma when is she going to change.”

Granny : “Hey, lets see. I just came to wish Vidhya”, she smiled at her resting her palm on her head and wished her happy birthday.

Vasumathi interpreted and said, “Enough…. Now all of you go, take your bath and come. I have already started to prepare your favourite aapams”, and Vimal ,”Mom I am ready, please serve me those aapams.”

Vasu continued, “It’s a weekend and all use to eat together na. Come on, all of you fresh up and come dears”

They all aborted from there to assemble in the dining area. As Vimal was already ready, he sat on the old model swing with its four corners tied with a decorative stainless steel strings with small elephants models approaching the ceiling where the strings were tied. He waited for others until was swinging happily reading through the magazine.

In the next half an hour, Vidhya was ready and was wearing a baby pink colour kurthi with Chinese collar and with dark pink leggins gifted by her mother Vasumathi. They all gathered in the dining table and had a nice breakfast time together. It was full of fun and frolic and a happy family indeed irrespective of Vinaya’s hearing impaired drawbacks.

Post their breakfast, Vidhya started stating that she is going to meet her friend which was actually set to meet Vidharth for lunch. Their parents gave them enough freedom to go out and chit chat with their friends and the all the three indeed maintained their limits. Vidhya was so happy and started from her home.She bought a Diary Milk Silk to be given to Vidharth when she meets him for her Birthday.

On the other side, Chandrika was somewhat satisfied in conveying the health problem of Chakravarthy to her Step mom and was eagerly waiting for them to reach over the hospital anytime. She made her mind to face any situation.

The resident house number rang and it was Chaaru who picked the call. Chandu asked where chithi (step mom) is and Chaaru talked out of anxiety.

Chaaru : Akka, congrats, you are graduated today

Chandu : “hmm.. Thanks charu. Is Chitthi not available?”

Chaaru, “Wait wait, let me call her”

When Sivakami came and picked the call, Chandrika became a bit upset hearing her voice and bursted out about chakravarthy. Hearing her voice, Sivakami broke in to tears and asked her, “Hey what happened? Why are you crying like this? Is your father fine or not.”

Chandrika explained, “ Chitthi, Appa is hospitalized.. Will you please come to Chennai ?”

Sivakami :" He started with a quarrel before he started and all is because of you only. You alone is his world and he never cares for us."

Chandrika don't know what to respond, but continued "Chitthi, first start and come. Bring Chiru for help"

Chandrika was thinking about how she is going to convince her, how she is going to create a scene in the hospital and made her mind. She lied on the pillar of the hospital and was shaken by the touch of someone touching her on her shoulder.

It was Dr. Vilas and he is back to hospital to see his father. He was looking as fresh as an apple and his courteous look gave her a comfort.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 21, 2019
  2. peddadas

peddadas Platinum IL'ite

Good going ... Doctor is new hero

3. Adharv

Adharv Gold IL'ite

:hearteyes::tongue: I got it I got it :banana: Girl na fresh rose guys are apple :thumbup: Lively and interesting update :clap2::clap2:.... I loved vidhay's family convo they are so sweet :cheer::cheer: what so spl with letter V and C @aarthi28 ma'am :confundio1:

I have never heard the name chid….is it so difficult to test the patient when they are unconscious :thinking: thank god it is just mild attack and good mr chid saved Chandu. Who is suchi??? Look forward to read the next update. thank you and keep rocking.

Happy Weekend.

periamma, Rampuri9 and aarthi28 like this.
  4. periamma

periamma IL Hall of Fame

@aarthi28 You are the first person to show a guy as fresh as an Apple.A new concept seen describing Men's beauty.Loved your narration.waiting for next episode

5. GeetaKashyap

GeetaKashyap IL Hall of Fame

@aarathi28,

You have an interesting theme on hand. Good going.:thumbup:

Your facination for V and C left me totally confused! :rolleye:

Who is VIJAY? I thought he was Viswa 's friend. Somewhere along the story by confusion I think you replaced Vimal by Vijay!!! I had to re-read thrice to gain clarity... But I am still confused!:thinking:
    :confundio1:

6. aarthi28

aarthi28 Platinum IL'ite

Hey
    Hey thanks Geetha Dear. It was by mistake, I totally forgot. I will ask the moderators to correct it. Thanks again for highlighting and your feedback too.

7. aarthi28

aarthi28 Platinum IL'ite

Episode 8:

Chandrika was thinking about how she is going to convince her step mom, how to manage her if she is going to create any scene in the hospital for her illiterate attitude and. She made her mind and lied on the pillar of the hospital and was shaken by the touch of someone on her shoulder.

It was Dr. Chid Vilas who was back to hospital to see her father. He was looking as fresh as an apple and his courteous look gave her a comfort. But Chandrika was looking opposite with sleepless night, black rings down her eyes and dullness occupying her whole face.

Vilas: “Looks like you haven't slept properly. Are you fine to come to my room. We shall discuss on further treatment for your father?”

Chandrika: “Yes Dr. Please excuse me and I will be there in 5 minutes”

Vilas nodded with an accepting sigh and left the place. By then, she received a call and it was from Nandita. She had actually come to the hospital and inquired where she is and came to the waiting area of the ICU room.

Chandrika vented out at once looking at Nandita and hugged her tight. Nandita equally reciprocated with a sigh expressing her situation of not able to make up with her till this time.

Nandita: “Chandu, How are you da? How is Appa now, I am really sorry and my situation”, tears filled her eyes and before she could complete and Chandrika stopped her.

Chandrika: “Hey come on Nandu, It’s Ok.”, she wiped off her tears, “ I can understand your situation dear. Hope all your arrangements are done and you are starting tomorrow right”

Nandita: “No, I have postponed my flight tickets to next two weeks. Anyway, I was about to travel later only and was planning to go earlier to meet my cousin in Atlanta. I cancelled that as I could not make justice to my mind by leaving you in this state “, she wiped off the tear droplets. “Appa is also fine and he understands me. I just took a day to arrange all these. I am sure you will have some clarity before I leave and I will be with you till then”.

Chandrika felt overwhelmed by their friendship and hugged her tight. She very badly needed someone to be near by her who understands and supports her. She was debating in her mind on how to handle the situation when her step mom arrives over there. She also needs to take further decisions for the next level treatments to be done for her father.

Nandita continued, “Don’t worry. Things will be fine soon and before I travel, I will see uncle to be fine so that I can also leave comfortably. You are looking extremely in a bad shape and I can’t digest this. Come on, first refresh, I have got breakfast from home for you. Am sure you should have had anything?”

Chandrika clutched her hands tight reciprocating her thanks by her action, “Wish your words come true and Appa is fine and normal before you start to US. I have not seen him in my life time like this. For a moment in the night time, I was not sure that whether he is alive or not. He is attached with so much supporting instruments and being alone in Hospital … Uff…When our loved one is in bed, it is definitely a night mare as our mind won’t accept to see them in that shape.”

Nandita: “Don’t worry Chandu, things will be alright soon. God will test our patience, but will not let us down. What did the doctors say?”

Chandrika: “The Cardiac Surgeon, Mr. Chid Vilas came last night? He checked his records and asked me to call someone for my support. I had a bad experience last night too”, she explained last night incident to her and continued further, “He says that it’s better to have someone nearby me for my support to proceed further with Appa’s treatment.”

Nandita: “Hmm…Have you informed your chithi ( Stepmom) ?”

Chandrika: “Yes, Somehow I made my mind, spoke to her and explained the situation.She has started from our home town, I asked her bring Chiru so that he will be of some help. I am expecting them in the noon”

By then Nurse came near by “Madam, you are Chakravarthy attender right, Doctor is waiting for you and he has to leave it seems”

Chandrika realised that Dr has requested her to come to see him to discuss further.

They both went together to the Doctor’s room. He requested them to sit in the chairs in front of his table.

Vilas: “Madam, As I informed to you earlier, Hope you have someone to be by your side and hope you are not alone.”

Chandu: “Yes, My mom is coming from our home town along with my brother. You can explain me everything and I will be taking care and she will be nearby for my support”

Vilas: “Ok,”, he gave a big sigh and continued. “As I explained last night, he got a mild attack.The reason could be due to any depression or some mind level issues which has led to shoot up of his BP and further resulted in this attack.

He said in a mild tone, “You have to accept the fact that due to overshoot up of BP, he also has got a mild stroke and his left leg does not have movements. We had also taken Echo cardiogram and it is evident that he has got blocks noticed in his arteries. An echocardiogram is needed for a detailed study to understand the blockage, their severity and location. More over, he needs to be treated first for his Stroke for which he should become normal from his current situation post which physiotherapy can to be done to recover from this. You should be thankful to god that stroke is very mild and physio will help out to get recovered soon.”

Chandrika felt another trauma by his words for his father to have got stroke. Tears rolled down from her eyes and she held her hand firmly in the chair she was seated. Nandita consoled her, “Come on chandu. No worries, all are temporary and appa will be alright soon da.”

Dr.Vilas felt so embarrassed on the situation and felt pity for her. Before he could continue, Sister excused and came inside the room, “Dr, the patient chakravarthy has gained consciousness now. He murmurs something”. Chandrika got up immediately and rushed to ICU room without even excusing the doctor in between their conversation. The same was the feeling of Vilas and he understood her situation.She ran and Nandita followed her. Chandrika went near her father and held his hands softly giving him a comfort that she is near him. She remembered his face the last day that has lost all its freshness, covered with wrinkles in his forehead and with trails of dried tears near his eyes.

He spoke in a very low voice, “Chandu ma, Am sorry dear to put you in such a situation” and tears rolled from his eyes. Chandrika closed his mouth, “No appa, you will be fine soon. Please don’t talk like that”.

By then Doctor was also in and commented, “So, Mr.Chakravarthy. How are you feeling now? Don’t worry, you will be alright soon” and Chakravarthy tried to slowly wake up by pressing his hand in the bed. Dr. Vilas lifted the bed slowly in a inclined position himself so that he need not stress much while talking. The Nurse who followed him volunteered and completed the action, “Sir, you could have told me”.

Dr. Vilas : “It’s Ok ma” and he continued “ Sir, Venflam will penetrate in to your veins. Don't strain much, It’s ok. For the sake of people’s comfort only, there are such comforts provided. So if you want to wake up, for the time being ask someone to lift the bed. Make use of that comfort until you become normal. It’s a matter of time that will change very thing”

Chakravarthy tried to speak and his soar throat depicted his tiredness. He slowly asked the doctor as when he can get discharged not knowing about his actual state of health.

GeetaKashyap, Adharv and VinuthaS like this.
  8. aarthi28

aarthi28 Platinum IL'ite

Hi Thanks for highlighting and corrections were done for the previous episode.

GeetaKashyap likes this.
  9. peddadas

peddadas Platinum IL'ite

oh no such an emotional one.. not sure why all the writiers in IL gave us emotional episodes .. to much of emotion today .. ugghhh...:disrelieved:

Hope everything comes back to normal, I just cannot guess whats gonna be next... Thanks for the episode Aarthi!

10. aarthi28

aarthi28 Platinum IL'ite

Looks like I have done some mistakes without correcting before posting as I updated in midnight. Sorry abt that